Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Gonzo wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I guess this shouldn't actually be surprising, but what got me was that they actually showed a civilian's corpse (in silhouette, but).

Actually the silhouette was in a position trying to crawl out the car while looking at X saving Xander Payne from falling.

No, that guy was dead. Otherwise he wouldn't be in silhouette and X wouldn't be cursing Vile for his actions.

SHH, no! He MIGHT be dead.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 am

Gonzo wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I guess this shouldn't actually be surprising, but what got me was that they actually showed a civilian's corpse (in silhouette, but).

Actually the silhouette was in a position trying to crawl out the car while looking at X saving Xander Payne from falling.

No, that guy was dead. Otherwise he wouldn't be in silhouette and X wouldn't be cursing Vile for his actions.

Oh please not in that type position :(hearty laughter): . How can you even die like that with fully functionally limbs?
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:11 am

TurboTailz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:

Oh please not in that type position :(hearty laughter): . How can you even die like that with fully functionally limbs?

Yeah, THAT guy was not dead.

THIS guy on the other hand...
...pretty sure he's dead.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 am

That guy is dead. Archie, being an all-ages book, doesn't want to outright say, "Curze Vile for killing these people!" I don't really have an issue with it, and I enjoy darker subject matter. I kind of think its actually the best way to handle it without openly stating that there were civilian casualties.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby sonicray » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 am

Why are you people so surprised? You know Vile would do something like that, even his name should give out some clue to what kind of robot it is, but then again, who would name a robot Vile and not expect it to be bad? Also lately, I been more into the Mega Man / X comic books then Sonic the Hedgehog.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby TurboTailz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:23 am

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:

Yeah, THAT guy was not dead.

THIS guy on the other hand...
...pretty sure he's dead.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. Yup he's dead.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:That guy is dead. Archie, being an all-ages book, doesn't want to outright say, "Curze Vile for killing these people!" I don't really have an issue with it, and I enjoy darker subject matter. I kind of think its actually the best way to handle it without openly stating that there were civilian casualties.

Plenty of all ages stories deal with death, and even directly say "so and so died"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I can't believe I've missed that. So I guess this is the start of Vile's descend to madness.
Overall I've enjoyed this issue and I love the bolts reference Roll made.
Seeing more Maverick Hunter Action is the reason I was excited for this crossover, so I don't mind that X takes over for this issue.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:That guy is dead. Archie, being an all-ages book, doesn't want to outright say, "Curze Vile for killing these people!" I don't really have an issue with it, and I enjoy darker subject matter. I kind of think its actually the best way to handle it without openly stating that there were civilian casualties.

Plenty of all ages stories deal with death, and even directly say "so and so died"

I agree. The best way to deal with it is to be up front about it.

However, I think that if Archie is not going to do that, then they dealt it the best they could. Truthfully, I think its great Archie is even hinting at random civilian casualties. It's a step up toward darker story tones.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

I agree. The best way to deal with it is to be up front about it.

However, I think that if Archie is not going to do that, then they dealt it the best they could. Truthfully, I think its great Archie is even hinting at random civilian casualties. It's a step up toward darker story tones.

This brings up a general concern. Mega Man X and the following series get freaking DARK

If they have to tip-toe around death here, imagine how euphemism-filled an actual X book would be. Despite wanting to see one so badly, if Archie is going to treat Death so haphazardly, then I have no interest in reading something so... censored.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't forget the Zero series, which is even darker!
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:06 pm

They are still doing this in the Mega Man book, you know. It might stay sanitized or it might not when it goes into its own series, but they're not gonna fill the Classic book with that tone shift just because X is around.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Tahtorak » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Penguin God wrote:They are still doing this in the Mega Man book, you know. It might stay sanitized or it might not when it goes into its own series, but they're not gonna fill the Classic book with that tone shift just because X is around.

It's not a tone shift because Ra Moon killed hundreds, if not thousands of people, unless you want to tell me that every plane that dropped out of the sky had a 100% rescue rate?

See Super Adventure Rockman didn't hit us over the head with "Might have killed people" stuff, it showed us a disaster and let the readers make their own inferences, not show us a clearly dead guy, then have X act as if he didn't just see a corpse
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Ever think it might just because X decided to remain focused on the task at hand? There was still a battle going on, with the potential fate of a lot more people at stake. Just because X didn't break down and scream to the sky over the fact that he saw what may have been a dead body, doesn't mean he's acting as if he didn't see it.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!