A Roll Mini-Series!?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

A Roll Mini-Series!?

Postby SoundBunnie44 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm

My kingdom for a Roll Mini-Seires, please!!!

Seriously, I would love to see the gal get more love!
SoundBunnie44
BumbleFan

Re: A Roll Mini-Series!?

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 pm

If the comic sells really well, it is possible that it will have spin-offs. However the most likely spin-off right now is Megaman X.

I don't think that a third one is that likely, but if it happens it could be either another MM game or a comic in the style of Sonic Universe, but with MM characters, which might have a Roll arc :).
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm

I'd like an RS-MM miniseries!
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Oh, I'd love to see it. It's high on my wish list. Second only to a Phoenix Wright mini series, all the better if it's from the point of view of the expy from MM#36.

Just want to see it more Roll focus, and less girl power compared to Roll With It. There's quite a few things that could be introduced to make Roll stand on her own. Though there's more of a chance that someone like Proto Man or Bass once he's officially introduced would get first dibs on such an idea. Like it or not, long term second book would understandably be Mega Man X though.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 am

If Roll gets a miniseries, maybe we'll finally get W Waltz. But I hear Capcom doesn't even want the Dimensions in the comic, so that might not happen.

I'd love--love--a "Mega Man Universe" comic, though.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:49 am

Gimme a Mega Man Universe before a Roll mini! Robot Masters need more love after their games are done. Time Man was only shown in one panel in the new time traveling arc!
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Give me Starforce before a roll-mini series
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:If Roll gets a miniseries, maybe we'll finally get W Waltz. But I hear Capcom doesn't even want the Dimensions in the comic, so that might not happen.

I'd love--love--a "Mega Man Universe" comic, though.

Capcom doesn't want the Dimensions in the series? Huh-well, if they don't, I'm not going to complain; the whole concept of Rockman Shadow is a bit much, especially when you already have Quint. Plus, having examined the Dimensions, the coolest one is probably Compass Man, and he's already had his little cameo in Worlds Collide.

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Gimme a Mega Man Universe before a Roll mini! Robot Masters need more love after their games are done. Time Man was only shown in one panel in the new time traveling arc!

For me this would be the biggest appeal of a Mega Man comic line that's not just for the purposes of adapting Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Starforce, Mega Man ZX, or Battle Network. Being able to see the other Robot Masters-and some original ones hopefully-do some stuff without Mega Man always around would be cool. Especially if one of them were poor Fire Man...
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:11 pm

The whole dimension thing is hearsay of hearsay, but compassman was all in black in "Worlds Collide" and we never hear Rockman Shadow's actual name, and he's colored and designed exactly as Quint, even though official media portray him as having a different color scheme, iirc. I think Quint was put in there to do the story arc and cover the legal butts in case Capcom changed their mind in the future. But that's YEARS down the line, so we'll have to see. I'm more interested in Ian doing an adaptation of PC.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 pm

The Dimensions are a rights issue, Rockman & Forte: Challengers From the Future was produced by Bandai not Capcom and Capcom of America probably doesn't think it's worth their time to figure out if they even own them lock stock and barrel or if Bandai owns a part of them.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:54 pm

EvilEddie wrote:The Dimensions are a rights issue, Rockman & Forte: Challengers From the Future was produced by Bandai not Capcom and Capcom of America probably doesn't think it's worth their time to figure out if they even own them lock stock and barrel or if Bandai owns a part of them.

still for this subject, I'm wondering if W. Waltz is available.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 am

comic321 wrote:Give me Starforce before a roll-mini series

So... possibly never, then?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:But I hear Capcom doesn't even want the Dimensions in the comic, so that might not happen.

Probably for the best. The world is not ready for the greatness that is Stove Man.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby The KKM » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 pm

There's a ton of spin-offs I'd enjoy from this comic (Gil and Roslyn, PI), but I'd imagine due to the nature of the franchise being adapted, any spinoffs'd be prioritized into being about the other Mega Man branches (and rightly so). That said, having at least some old-school mini-series'd be great.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 pm

The KKM wrote:(Gil and Roslyn, PI)

All of my want!
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!