Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Zan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:37 am

For the continuation of the X comic, I'd really like to see a flashback of X's earliest time with Zero. With all the abilities X displayed here, he ought to have received some form of Hunter training.

Edit: About that mysterious person speaking with Wily. Initially I figured the context was Wily meeting his older self from the future, although Sunstar is a very good possibility also.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Alrighty~ Got this one the day after my b-day. Let's see how it goes.

+The variant cover is an obvious homage to a similar character montage from Sonic #25 and I love it for it.
+Also on said cover I like seeing unexpected faces (or at the very least body parts) of the likes of Spider and King amongst others
+Wall jumping
+More early bird MM3 cameos
+Vile

=A Worlds Collide reference. huh. o.o
=Hm~ Yes, I'm curious about that panel with the beaten-up looking Wily talking to someone as well

-Sorta doubtful this will have Mega Man and X teaming up like that old Ruby Spears ep and just have them coming across stuff from each other's timeline
-Sonic being just off panel brings up bad memories of some other instances of characters kept off panel for legal reasons. Although to be fair, this one's more understandable
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 pm

The way I interpreted it was that Worlds Collide was removed from the timeline, or somehow outside of it as its own pocket area of having happened and being removed, since Xander seemed to travel there after Mega Man and Bass the energy thing. This leads me to wonder how he got back into the timeline, though. Maybe it's because the end of Worlds Collide leads back into the timeline anyway thanks to Mega Man using Chaos Control, which would mean that both Mega Man's timeline and Worlds Collide would be separate from each other and lead into the same timeline.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby N'egga Man » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:59 am

This was a very enjoyable issue for me. Although most of the issue is arguably just Mega Man & X fighting the Wily Walker in their respective times, I am interested in learning how this will all play out in the end. I liked seeing Vile for the first time, and he's just as egotistical as I thought he'd be. I'm also liking the foreshadowing to the MM3 arc and how Wily describes his backup plans (i.e. Doc Robot). The real highlight of this issue, however, was Xander's little time-warp.

Again, there's some MM3 foreshadowing with the Wily-powered Gamma, along with a look at 'Mega Man II' (Game Boy) with Quint attacking the Blue Bomber, followed by Wily being attacked by... someone who knows him? (Hmm... I'm intrigued by that one.) However, I especially enjoyed how it all went a bit off-course after that (at least, judging by Xander's reaction, it looked like something went wrong), leading to the Issue #20 event (Mega Man & Bass attacking the time-anomaly during MM10's events) and the biggest surprise by far, an event from Worlds Collide?! (Specifically, Mega Man and Sonic teaming up against Tails Man.) Like others, I'm quite surprised that this was referenced (albeit without actually showing Sonic, and only silhouetting Tails Man, as per the usual crossover rules) and while it may just be due to Xander seeing alternate events (as I said earlier, it looked like he went off-course a bit) it's still a neat little moment to me.

All of this, along with him arriving in X's time during the Wily Walker incident, actually makes me want Xander to remember everything he's seen. He now knows that robots continue to exist, and I'm sure when he finds out the details of the Reploids... hoo boy. Overall, I found this to be a delightful, action-packed issue.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 am

Just a quick post that I'm flummoxed that Wily's old, old, old machine is enough to give 20xx trouble. I'd imagine it'd be something of more significance, like Gamma or Doc Robot or something. But I guess it's not that point yet.

If Xander will stay in the future, who will carry on the Spears in the past?

So the machine needs to be stopped without it being destroyed so it survives into 20xx... Bright Man can only blind it. New ability on Pharoah Man's part? What was the spider's weakness in the game?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:11 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Just a quick post that I'm flummoxed that Wily's old, old, old machine is enough to give 20xx trouble. I'd imagine it'd be something of more significance, like Gamma or Doc Robot or something. But I guess it's not that point yet.

So the machine needs to be stopped without it being destroyed so it survives into 20xx... Bright Man can only blind it. New ability on Pharoah Man's part? What was the spider's weakness in the game?

It wasn't in the game.

The Wily Machine which resembles a seriously stripped down version of it, though, was vulnerable in the cannon on the underside. Once that was done, the cockpit shielding would open, and it had to be attacked through that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Acrosurge » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:only one small gripe: Vile's name. I was hoping Ian would do as he did with Proto Man and use his Japanese name while he was a Hunter.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
I also wished for Vile to have the name Vava before his turn to unrestrained destruction. Vile... doesn't seem like the name of one who enforces justice. Still, it was nice seeing him in panel. I can't wait to see the 17th Unit in full action! Maybe we'll see some team fight scenes. Kuwanger and Beetle fighting side by side; oh yeah! I can't wait for those. Honestly, I can't see how this Wily Walker would be much of a match for any of the members of Unit 17, let alone Sigma.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Well, Wily DID make Zero...
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:12 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:Just a quick post that I'm flummoxed that Wily's old, old, old machine is enough to give 20xx trouble. I'd imagine it'd be something of more significance, like Gamma or Doc Robot or something. But I guess it's not that point yet.

It wasn't in the game.

The Wily Machine which resembles a seriously stripped down version of it, though, was vulnerable in the cannon on the underside. Once that was done, the cockpit shielding would open, and it had to be attacked through that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I still can't recall which Wily Machine it resembles. Is it the one which moves left and right, with the leg sliding up from a fixed horizontal bar/leg? And Wily appearing in the second phase, operating it with two controllers? Can someone link a pic?

Oh, just realized that it would be a Wily machine from Game 3, right? Bright Man and Pharoah Man are Game 4 dudes so no connectable weapon weaknesses.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm

mm3drw4_07.gif

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Acrosurge » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 am

lalalei2001 wrote:Well, Wily DID make Zero...
True, but then, Zero is Wily's last and greatest creation; the culmination of his life experience. I don't know that the same should be said of the Walker. Perhaps there is yet some data on it yet to be revealed which might explain why this particular machine is such a threat to 21XX.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:07 am

Yes, yes, that's the one I was thinking off, woo! I remember that strange sliding bar as a leg bit, haha. Thanks for the pic! :)
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Acrosurge wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Well, Wily DID make Zero...
True, but then, Zero is Wily's last and greatest creation; the culmination of his life experience. I don't know that the same should be said of the Walker. Perhaps there is yet some data on it yet to be revealed which might explain why this particular machine is such a threat to 21XX.

Well, there's a definite difference between a highly advanced humanoid fighting Robot and a giant mobile weapons platform. The Wily Walker is HUGE, and while it may not have Zero's sophistication, it is well-built enough to have endured some 100+ years of being buried underground after Mega Man and co. do whatever they do to stop it in the past. Undoubtedly Wily intended it to go into battle against armies with artillery and tanks, so it's obviously built to take punishment and dish it out.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

It makes sense to me. The Wily Walker is enormous, which means it might have three feet of solid armor in addition to enough room to house a tremendous amount of weapons. Zero, however, is human sized. It is much more difficult to built a powerful human sized machine than an enormous one. Zero just wouldn't have the same amount of room for armor and weapons. Also, Wily Walker has no need for a super advanced AI system. If you ask me, Zero is a much more impressive feat than what is essentially a big walking tank.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:43 pm

The reploids, which are the most advanced tech in the X-era, are literally shoddy knockoffs of X, who is about the same level as Zero. The pinnacle of X-era technology is wannabe versions of Light/Wily tech.

It's really not a stretch that one of Wily's old doomsday devices could be a serious threat to reploids.
Damo
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!