Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm

I agree. That Short Circuits was adorable.

There isn't a whole lot to say about this issue per se, as it was basically two long fight scenes. But here goes. I really enjoyed the both halves of this issue, but I would say the X portion was a definite high light. It's hard to really choose between the two, but I'd say I'm a bigger Mega Man X fan than I am of Classic, since I was introduced to it first, as far as I can remember. So getting to see these characters in the comic is a real treat. I really enjoyed the interaction between X, Zero, and Vile, short as it was.

Can't help but wonder what Dr. Cain found down in the ruins of Wily's old lab. Is it just me, or does it look an awful lot like a shrunken version of Dr. Light's capsules?

On the Classic side of things, it was cool too, but there's not a lot of tension to the scene, since we know Mega Man and his group are going to manage to get away somehow, since they obviously aren't lying around for Dr. Cain to find. I liked seeing an incomplete Eddie in the background of Light Labs again. I might be seeing things on this part, but I could have sworn I saw part of Beat in that cart Roll was pushing around. Probably just my imagination though.

With Xander, I was definitely surprised to see Rock of Ages and When Worlds Collide get referenced. I'm also intrigued by the panel with a mysterious figure talking to Wily. I get the feeling it's going to be the Star Droids, but maybe it could be something original too.

The art was really good. Jamel Peppers should do more work on Mega Man.

Haha, I guess there was a little bit more to say than I thought. I'm definitely enjoying this story though, and I can't wait for the next issue.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Can't help but wonder what Dr. Cain found down in the ruins of Wily's old lab. Is it just me, or does it look an awful lot like a shrunken version of Dr. Light's capsules?

Not just you; I made a joke about it in a caption for Erico's next Blue Ink, when that goes up.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Preview time!

Or does that go in the other thread? I don't remember.

Read the issue earlier, and only one small gripe: Vile's name. I was hoping Ian would do as he did with Proto Man and use his Japanese name while he was a Hunter.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Vile had a different name when he was a Maverick Hunter in Japan?

Speaking of Vile, it was interesting to see him here, seemingly not completely insane like he is in the games. Can't help but wonder how his character would be handled, should the X series get to have more time in the spotlight.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Vile had a different name when he was a Maverick Hunter in Japan?

Speaking of Vile, it was interesting to see him here, seemingly not completely insane like he is in the games. Can't help but wonder how his character would be handled, should the X series get to have more time in the spotlight.

He had a different name in Japan, period: Vava.

I think that makes better sense for a Hunter name than "Vile," much like how "Blues" works better in tandem with Rock and Roll, while "Break Man"/"Proto Man" works better in tandem with "Mega Man" as a field name.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tahtorak » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Ok guys, what the heck is that panel between Mega Man II GB and that scene from Rock of Ages? Who knows Wily "longer than you can imagine..."

Seeing as how everything Xander saw involved moments when time-space was abused, my money is on Quint or Mega Man Shadow.

Oh, and the preview pages pages are up: http://blue-bomber-comics.wikia.com/wik ... 038_P1.jpg

(They're near the bottom)
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby Morgil » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Just got the issue today.

Soooo... Are we ever gonna see Mega Man and X meet up? I mean, aside from on covers and in Short Circuits? This "crosseover" is already half over and yet so far it just feels like just one big rooster-tease.

On the plus side, Xander's little trip through time was a real treat. I'm glad to see the events of Rock of Ages actually had an effect on things and wasn't just some one-off story, never to be spoken of again. I wonder then if that glitch in MM's internal clock from the end of that story will also come back around in the comic.

Also, it was awesome seeing that the crossover was still cannon, and i can't help but wonder who that was speaking to a bandaged up Wily.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Tahtorak wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Ok guys, what the heck is that panel between Mega Man II GB and that scene from Rock of Ages? Who knows Wily "longer than you can imagine..."

Seeing as how everything Xander saw involved moments when time-space was abused, my money is on Quint or Mega Man Shadow.

Oh, and the preview pages pages are up: http://blue-bomber-comics.wikia.com/wik ... 038_P1.jpg

(They're near the bottom)

Those were posted just three posts above yours. =P

And my money is on Sunstar or Terra; not everything was a timey-wimey event (unless there's something about Mega Man fighting Gamma we don't know yet).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Morgil wrote:Just got the issue today.

Soooo... Are we ever gonna see Mega Man and X meet up? I mean, aside from on covers and in Short Circuits? This "crosseover" is already half over and yet so far it just feels like just one big rooster-tease.

On the plus side, Xander's little trip through time was a real treat. I'm glad to see the events of Rock of Ages actually had an effect on things and wasn't just some one-off story, never to be spoken of again. I wonder then if that glitch in MM's internal clock from the end of that story will also come back around in the comic.

Also, it was awesome seeing that the crossover was still cannon, and i can't help but wonder who that was speaking to a bandaged up Wily.

I'm pretty sure we're not actually going to see Classic and X crossover for real in this story. At best, one or both of them might somehow get a glimpse into the other's world through the timestream, although that's unlikely at least for Mega Man since it would open up too many cans of worms for his time. It feels like that's why Xander Payne is here though, to link the two timelines together. Without him, this would just be a story of Mega Man and X dealing with similar problems 100 years apart from each other.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Yeah, either party meeting up with or even knowing about the other could seriously mess up the timeline/canon/story.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:32 am

Yeah, I never really thought Rock and X were ever going to meet and that the term 'crossover' would be used more loosely than it was with WC. It's not so much of a situation where two timelines meet that makes it a crossover, but rather just having the two timelines share page-time within one comic or an arc.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Morgil » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:46 pm

But, the covers showed... and the solicits... not to mention the Short Circuits... OH GOD I FEEL SO LIED TO AND BETRAYED!!!
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Yeah it's less a Crossover and more a Cross through. Mega Man and X are fighting the same threat but I highly doubt they'll actually meet.

Lets be real this is more or less a backdoor pilot for a Mega Man X comic.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Yeah it's less a Crossover and more a Cross through. Mega Man and X are fighting the same threat but I highly doubt they'll actually meet.

I'm 100% okay with that! I don't want Mega Man and X to meet regardless. I like how this "crossover" is beging constructed so far.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:Yeah it's less a Crossover and more a Cross through. Mega Man and X are fighting the same threat but I highly doubt they'll actually meet.

I'm 100% okay with that! I don't want Mega Man and X to meet regardless. I like how this "crossover" is beging constructed so far.

Same here; having the two meet face-to-face always seems to be some sort of beeline in most licensed fiction. Ruby-Spears, Adventures of, Dreamwave...

I mean, it can be cool, but I don't mind waiting until the moment can arguably have more impact.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!