Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
HeinousActsZX wrote:Oh, I pronounce it the same way, and I refuse to call the protagonist by his real name because "Xover" is a way cooler name.

Unfortunately, it means I technically pronounce the title as "Rockman's Over", which is pretty defeatist.

To be fair, its a popular opinion that Rockman IS Over.

Of course, hopefully there will be a turnaround now that Smash is out.

See, the thing about that that I don't get is that there are tons of franchises that went many more years without getting new games, and people said they were dormant, not dead. The latest Mega Man game was either MM10, from 2010, XOver, from 2012,or SF x MM, also from 2012.

Kid Icarus fans had to wait 21 years between Of Myths and Monsters until Uprising, Metal Gear had about 10 years between the first two games and the Solid series, and we're STILL waiting on an F-Zero game, which hasn't been seen since the Gamecube era. Even MARIO got only 2 main console releases in the Gamecube era, and both were at the very start of the launch.

The way i see it, going with the X series would be Capcom's best bet, or an entirely new MM series.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Even MARIO got only 2 main console releases in the Gamecube era, and both were at the very start of the launch.

Sunshine was about half a year or so in... what was the other?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Mario gets like 5 games a year, though.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:45 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Even MARIO got only 2 main console releases in the Gamecube era, and both were at the very start of the launch.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Luigi's Mansion, which was a launch title or close enough to be one. Though that was technically a Luigi game XD
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:00 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Luigi's Mansion, which was a launch title or close enough to be one. Though that was technically a Luigi game XD

Thought so, but if we're counting that, we'd need to throw in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, the sports games, and whatever else.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!