Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby HeinousActsZX » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Well, if I need to specify certain ones, I think that the I think the Maverick Hunter FPS, Duo, and Battle Network/Star Force bits-- more BN than SF, mind-- are fairly popular opinions.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I've never quite understood all the vitriol that BN fans seem to have for the Star Force series, aside from perhaps a "replacement goldfish" standpoint.
The gameplay is very similar, and since the BN series had concluded somewhat satisfyingly, why not start something new (with characters that actually develop, I might add)?
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:22 am

I liked the gameplay in Star Force even more than in BN. 2 was too random encounter-heavy for me, though, and I never did manage to get 3-- much as I'd love to.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Hyper Fourze » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 pm

I actually liked Star Force as well. 3 was pretty well done to be perfectly honest.

Dunno how unpopular this is, but I think the X series should have ended at X5. I know it was planned before Capcom made Inafune continue, but a definite ending would have been much better than being in limbo like it is now.
Hyper Fourze
BumbleNewbie

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Hyper Fourze wrote:I know it was planned before Capcom made Inafune continue

Actually, they didn't make Inafune continue; they just kept doing them behind his back (at least at first).

...but a definite ending would have been much better than being in limbo like it is now.

Well, we sort of have a definite ending in MMZero.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The Bored » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Hyper Fourze wrote:I actually liked Star Force as well. 3 was pretty well done to be perfectly honest.

Dunno how unpopular this is, but I think the X series should have ended at X5. I know it was planned before Capcom made Inafune continue, but a definite ending would have been much better than being in limbo like it is now.

Personally, I don't think they should have just ended it, but maybe tried continuing it without Zero. He really started to steal the spotlight from X after MMX3.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby ShadowBat20 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Don't know how unpopular it is, but Mega Man 3 is (so far) my least favorite of the Mega Man games. It had a lot of good things going for it, like the Rush powers, sliding, and the Proto Man fights, but I thought most of the weapons were kind of lackluster.

Zero's cool and all, but I prefer X.

I'm sorta iffy about Starforce. Haven't personally played it, but I don't really care for the concept. Battle Network, on the other hand, sounds pretty awesome.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby colleenekat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:56 pm

I think the best megaman series was battle network. Granted It was the first video game I ever really played, but I felt is had alot of post game things and replay value. Getting all the chips, and defeating the higher level boss's and virus was a challenge I thoroughly enjoyed. I know that Zero gave you ranks, but it was hard to get a good one, and often frustrated me. (Also the best version in my opinion was battle network 3)
colleenekat
BumbleNewbie

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:53 pm

I'd place this elsewhere, but since the thread for it is here...

I'm still looking forward to Mighty No. 9. Is the PR questionable? At best, yes, so I choose not to trust them. Does that affect the game?

I would hardly think so. I still expect the game to be pretty good.

And if not, it's not like I can't find entertainment elsewhere.

Those who are curious as to why I think this is unpopular, I say it seems to be getting more and more unpopular as time goes on.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Mighty No 9 looks pretty good. I'm not a fan of 2.5D platformers in general, they always feel sluggish, but it seems to be avoiding that.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:32 am

Dejiko wrote:Those who are curious as to why I think this is unpopular, I say it seems to be getting more and more unpopular as time goes on.

That would be how a lot of people are seeing it, yes. For me its been a roller coaster. I've gone from loving the idea, to finding the demo a mess, to hating it because of the business and the actions of the employees, to just not really caring anymore.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:39 am

For someone who doesn't really care anymore you sure do love talking about how much you're upset with it.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:48 pm

EvilEddie wrote:For someone who doesn't really care anymore you sure do love talking about how much you're upset with it.

I was upset with how Comcpet handled everything. The game itself isn't that upsetting, just kinda disappointing.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Not sure if this counts as one, but I whenever I see or type Rockman Xover's name, I read Xover as "Zover."

Even though I know that's not the case.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby HeinousActsZX » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh, I pronounce it the same way, and I refuse to call the protagonist by his real name because "Xover" is a way cooler name.

Unfortunately, it means I technically pronounce the title as "Rockman's Over", which is pretty defeatist.
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 am

HeinousActsZX wrote:Oh, I pronounce it the same way, and I refuse to call the protagonist by his real name because "Xover" is a way cooler name.

Unfortunately, it means I technically pronounce the title as "Rockman's Over", which is pretty defeatist.

To be fair, its a popular opinion that Rockman IS Over.

Of course, hopefully there will be a turnaround now that Smash is out.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!