Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:33 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:I don't care for Zero as a character (though he's a cool weapon user to play). I don't see why he's popular.

It was the 90s, and he had extreme 90s hair, a sword, and some kickin' theme songs.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Having the voice of Johnny Yong Bosch is more than enough to make me love Zero.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby The Bored » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Mega Man 4 is my favorite game in the classic series. It had memorable Robot Masters, fun levels, and the charge shot was a great new mechanic. I also think the Pharohman fight was designed better than the Break Man fight which I found to be nothing but an easier version of the Protoman encounters.

I also think Mega Man 7 has the best Protoman fight in the series that I've seen so far.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Is it a bad thing to call Roll my favorite Mega Man character? If so, then ram me down.

Also, not sure if this is popular or not, but I enjoyed Mega Man 64. The audio wasn't the best, and the control scheme was a little odd (even on that unusual controller), but it was fun all the same.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:38 pm

I like the Ruby-Spears cartoon more than any other adaptation. SOMETIMES even including the actual games.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SaturnWalrus7 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Megaman 8 is my all time favorite Megaman Classic game it had great Robot Masters and nice 2D Graphics
I also enjoy Megaman X Command Mission
SaturnWalrus7
BumbleNewbie

Postby HeinousActsZX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:23 pm

I think Mega Man 8 is a really fun game with a great weapon selection, and stuff like "Jump Jump Slide Slide" is easy to overlook. Mega Man 10 is crazy overrated.
The cancellation of Legends 3 didn't bother me at all. I'm much more upset over a lack of a ZX3. I miss Ashe!
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby Vector » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 am

Despite being developed through a 3rd parth, Mega Man 2 Gameboy had incredible music, at least composition. The music quality was terrible and I wish we got quality arrangements. Mega Man is a series renowned as a musical great yet a minor developer managed to create some of the best in the series with a low budget sound set.

I think it was a great idea to NOT make X the villain of the Zero series as I had enough of the X series being built around Zero.

I use EVERY weapon possible in the levels, against enemies, while using buster against robot masters. Apparently ignorant people think some of the weapons suck, including power stone and other usefuls.
Vector
BumbleFan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I think the Maverick Hunter FPS would have been awful.

Also I strongly believe that the same people who are now complaining that Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe were cancelled would be complaining about how they see the games as "bad" and a stain on the Mega Man franchise if they were released.

And The Fangame Mega Man Unlimited was horrible.

In terms of GOOD...

I loved Mega Man X Command Mission.

Duo is one of my favorite Mega Man Characters

and I love the Battle Network and Starforce games.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 am

Ryu The Weredragon wrote:I think the Maverick Hunter FPS would have been awful.

Also I strongly believe that the same people who are now complaining that Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe were cancelled would be complaining about how they see the games as "bad" and a stain on the Mega Man franchise if they were released.

And The Fangame Mega Man Unlimited was horrible.

In terms of GOOD...

I loved Mega Man X Command Mission.

Duo is one of my favorite Mega Man Characters

and I love the Battle Network and Starforce games.

Sorry, this thread is for unpopular opinions...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:16 am

Mega Man 7 is my favorite Mega Man game of all time because of the story, the new characters, the gorgeous graphics, the using-weapons-in-stages-to-unlock-stuff stuff, the ending, the super hard final boss, and the ability to fight Bass AND Protoman.

On a semi-related note, i recently replayed Mega Man 8 and found it to be much more enjoyable than I remembered! The final Wily fight was really hard for me, though, due to a lack of E-Tanks.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:37 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Sorry, this thread is for unpopular opinions...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Pretty sure not liking Mega Man Unlimited is an unpopular opinion.

Rock Force was the best 2013 Mega Man fan game on the subject of unpopular opinions.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 pm

EvilEddie wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Sorry, this thread is for unpopular opinions...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Pretty sure not liking Mega Man Unlimited is an unpopular opinion.

Rock Force was the best 2013 Mega Man fan game on the subject of unpopular opinions.

Well, if I need to specify certain ones, I think that the I think the Maverick Hunter FPS, Duo, and Battle Network/Star Force bits-- more BN than SF, mind-- are fairly popular opinions.

Actually, the MH FPS one probably depends on how far outside of the fandom you go.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey hey! I like the MM5 bosses and weapons! (Except Stone Man's). Everybody seems to think they're lame. I also like the MM6 bosses too, they tend to get pretty overlooked.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:55 pm

After finally playing the first Battle Network game, I can't say that I enjoyed it at all. The battle system is okay, I guess, and the chips make for an interesting mechanic. But the layout for "the net" just gives me a headache. It's too twisted and maze-like. I would find this easier to maneuver than some of the more twisted areas of the game. The poor layout of areas combined with the annoyingly unnecessary random encounters just make it all more tedious than fun. I think the character designs are ugly too.

I have the Gamecube game sitting on my shelf, I may throw it in right now as I may find it more enjoyable since it plays more like an old school sidescroller. I think the series is just an unfortunate missed opportunity.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Try the third BN game. its internet is WAY better.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!