Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I like Quake Woman, but I do not like the way her persoanlity reset was handled. If she is a machine, her persoanlity should have been restored instantly. None of this re-discovery of her own personality stuff. That blurs the line between Robot Masters and Reploids so much that there isn't really any difference at that point.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Her personality wasn't reset. It was erased, and then restarted. It's more like being born again than it is being brought back to normal.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Even so, it wouldn't be a blank state for her to "find herself." It would just be the pre-programmed personality. If her new programmed personality is capable of "finding herself" that is even worse because it further invalidates the purpose of the Reploids. That would make them truly indestinguishable from robot Masters in my opinion.

Also, what's the point of a thread for expressing an unpopular opinion if my comments are just going to be one-upped per the regular board's SOP?
Last edited by Astrobot7000 on Tue May 27, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue May 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Oh, I thought this was a different thread. That's my mistake, I apologize. I shall say no more.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue May 27, 2014 4:10 pm

... That didn't seem like shutting down an opinion at all, it was just pointing out in a bit more detail what might have happened. They weren't causing you any harm at all. I could equate what happened to Tempo as lobotomy, but that's an ENTIRELY different discussion altogether.

I forgot to also mention that I think the Castle Wily I theme for MM2 is totally overrated and there's cooler ones like Proto Man Castle Theme and Mr. X Stage Theme that deserve the love.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:56 am

Here's one: I don't think Ariga's manga is really very good at all. I adore his characterization of Proto Man, however.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat May 31, 2014 11:14 am

Astrobot7000 wrote:Here's one: I don't think Ariga's manga is really very good at all. I adore his characterization of Proto Man, however.

I share that statement. Except for Proto Man. I think he's a complete sociopath who somehow gets his way over everything. Shadow Man is the only one with sense to call him out on his asocial manipulative behavior and nothing came out of that anyway.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm

I don't like Quake Woman, but the Emerald Spears are interesting. I wish their name wasn't a jab at Ruby-Spears, though.

I like the Mega Man cartoon a lot, and I think in some ways it's better than the games. Protoman as a villain not only makes sense from what was in the games at the time, having an evil brother who wants to convert you is more interesting in a storytelling way than just having an evil counterpart out to fight you. Not that i don't like Bass, i just think RS-Proto has a better dynamic with Mega.

I do not think the Mega Man franchise is dead.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:57 am

lalalei2001 wrote:I don't like Quake Woman, but the Emerald Spears are interesting. I wish their name wasn't a jab at Ruby-Spears, though.

I like the Mega Man cartoon a lot, and I think in some ways it's better than the games. Protoman as a villain not only makes sense from what was in the games at the time, having an evil brother who wants to convert you is more interesting in a storytelling way than just having an evil counterpart out to fight you. Not that i don't like Bass, i just think RS-Proto has a better dynamic with Mega.

I do not think the Mega Man franchise is dead.

I thought it was more homage than jab, personally.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 am

I don't care for Zero as a character (though he's a cool weapon user to play). I don't see why he's popular. Axl is cooler to me, though he's younger.

Quick Man sucks. Shadow Man too. Metal Man and Magnet Man were cooler.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:I don't care for Zero as a character (though he's a cool weapon user to play). I don't see why he's popular.

It was the 90s, and he had extreme 90s hair, a sword, and some kickin' theme songs.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Isn't big hair more 80's? Or you mean ponytails hair are 90's?

I loved the whole drama that he killed Iris his own gf in X4 cuz she was acting crazy stupid, haha. Suffer!!! If there was a path were X gets to kill her instead (of Double), yeah! X would trounce the enraged Zero and tell him in a headlock 'Dude, your girlfriend went psycho maverick, I had to put her down!'. Yeah, SUFFER!!!

(I'm sorry. I'm not sorry.)

(haha)

(but I like that Layer has a crush on Zero but absolutely has no clue on how to proceed. Is there any version of her that followed or incarnated in Zero's spin off games)
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Zero was actually created to be the next Mega Man, but Inafune was told that players wouldn't recognize him as a Mega Man, so X was created. Inafune then made Zero the "second main character who gets all the cool scenes."

Being created by Dr. Wily probably helped, too.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:13 am

Not sure whether Wily was part of the plan that early on or not...

Fero: Ponytails, mainly.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Battle Newtork & Starforce was awesome. Nuff said.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!