Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 am

Yet another mindless, unoriginal counterpart to a thread. Basically, opinions you have that everyone seems to disagree with.

First of all, I actually thought Mega Man X6 was a good game. Sure, it had an awkward translation, but I didn't think it was much harder than the others I had played, and it had a good soundtrack.

I also think Mega Man X7 was okay, though it's definitely not a masterpiece. I didn't mind Axl too much, either, though they could have picked a better voice actor for him (and they did, later).

What are yours?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Re: Unpopular Mega Man Opinions

Postby Bean » Mon May 26, 2014 10:52 am

Mega Man 8 is in my top ten all-time games for the Blue Bomber thanks to all the applications the weapons had, the artwork, and the soundtrack. I just wish I could turn off voices in that one.

On a lesser note as I know a few people agree with this, I prefer the Mega Man 3/4/10 style to 2/9. The former just feel more refined to their previous entries. Also, 9 has way too many "Gotcha!" moments for me to ever really put it near the top of my list whereas 10 doesn't do that much outside of Commando Man's stage and Wily 2.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon May 26, 2014 11:42 am

Mega Man 8 is my favorite Mega Man game, ever.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tcat » Mon May 26, 2014 1:11 pm

I don't like X1 - 3...well, no, not that I DON'T like them, I just don't like them AS MUCH as X4 and don't hold them at such high praise as most people.

I really enjoyed X6 (In fact it was the first X game I managed to beat).

X7 was the reason I bought a PS2. I also skipped class one day to finish it. I don't think it's as bad as people think.

I really don't care about the whole "Crapcom" fiasco. :p No cares what. so. ever.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Acrosurge » Mon May 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Quick Man is in fact faster than Sonic the Hedgehog (w/o Sonic's powerups, mind you). Judging by how completely Quick Man dominated Mega Man in their first several encounters (and how Mega Man was able to stalemate Sonic in the crossover), I think Quick should have been a severe threat to Sonic, rather than a comedic speed bump.

I understand the necessity of Quick being severely nerfed in the crossover. It would be very irresponsible to show up the Hedgehog in his own 250th issue.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Spin » Mon May 26, 2014 2:24 pm

See nothing wrong with Mega Man/Roll as a pairing.

More stuff should be done with Eddie.

Wish Mega Man X would have kept Zero dead. Or at least waited until X3 before reviving him and not make it a focus point.

X should have been the bad guy in Mega Man Zero.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon May 26, 2014 2:57 pm

I don't like the Ariga Manga THAT much and I think it's normally overhyped. I also don't like Blues/Proto Man THAT much as a character. I just think he's a bit overrated.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I think that Maverick Hunter FPS looked really interesting and could have been a neat alter timeline storywise
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon May 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Provided you know exactly which move to make when, X6 can be a decent game.

Or if you use the Ultimate Armor as a buffer early on.

Of course, the problem is that Mega Man is supposed to offer more freedom than that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tcat » Mon May 26, 2014 7:19 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Or if you use the Ultimate Armor as a buffer early on.

I actually never knew about any of the armors until I got to the last boss. I restarted the game with the code and beat it xD;
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Sonicpolo » Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 am

I think Inafune's original plan for Zero to be the main character for Mega Man X is better than the latter.

I support the pairing of TopManXRoll

Axl is one of my favorite Mega Man characters, along with Zero, Crash Man, and Tempo

Return of Dr.Wily is one of my favorite Comic arcs.

Mega Man 2 receive too much hype. I'd prefer Mega Man 6
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Acrosurge » Tue May 27, 2014 7:44 am

Shadow Man is not my favorite Robot Master from Mega Man 3.

I rather enjoy Mega Man II for the Gameboy, including some of its music.

I like Top Spin, Charge Kick, and Break Dash. I try to find every opportunity to use those weapons.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue May 27, 2014 11:02 am

-I don't really care for the games all that much. I suck at video games in general but these games are almost sadistically hard. I'll take the Comics any day.

-I actually don't mind that the comics have shorter fights with the Robot Masters. The story's are so good I tend to forget that the pont is suppose to be "Search Stage, Fight Robot Master, Rinse, Repeat."

-Not sure how Unpopular this is but I love all the OC's. They're all just such interesting characters and I feel they add a lot to the world.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:-I don't really care for the games all that much. I suck at video games in general but these games are almost sadistically hard.

That is Wily Castle from MM 9 in a nutshell. Who the heck was sadistic enough to make a set of levels like this? Especially that bullcrap on Stage 3 where you have to shoot when in the gravity tubes to avoid the spikes. Not only is there enemies who can push you into the spikes, there are those annoying pink robots that ambush you and force you into spikes by grabbing Mega Man and flying him into them.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah, Quake Woman/Tempo's a pretty neat addition as are the cops and Emerald Spears... but I don't think those are unpopular of opinions!

Going back, here are two more even though they were mentioned. I like Axl. His VA in X7, like many characters, made him come off as pathetic. When X8 came around with a better group of VAs, he seemed like a good addition to the series. The other is that I did not like Zero stealing the spotlight from X post-X4. Yeah, he was already doing it prior to that, but I didn't mind X4 being about him so much. It's when it just kept being the Zero show that I began to get annoyed. Again, X8 stopped that.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!