MM#40

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

MM#40

Postby SonicSoul » Thu May 22, 2014 12:29 pm

So I came across the two covers and synopsis for #40 on another forum, but unfortunately couldn't find the source since the poster declined to provide one.

W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The PULSE-POUNDING CONCLUSION to the latest crossover MEGA-event from Archie comics is here! "DAWN OF X" Part Four: The time-traveling adventure reaches its explosive finale as the mystery of Mega Man’s confrontation with the rogue Wily robot is revealed! X and the Maverick Hunters have their final showdown with the mechanical monsters! And Xander Payne’s fate comes to a startling conclusion! Don’t miss this crossover between iconic eras, with a SHOCKER-ENDING that will blow your mind! Featuring all-new cover art from Mega-artist supreme PATRICK "SPAZ" SPAZIANTE and a time-spanning variant cover by Colin Lawler!

Definitely going to be another interesting finale. Rather curious about this 'fate' that awaits Xander. Half of me hopes he won't be gone for good, but on the other hand, there has to be some big consequence for him to travel through time so abruptly.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Re: MM#40

Postby Sonicpolo » Thu May 22, 2014 12:52 pm

For some reason the Variant reminds me of Samurai Jack. Also Spaz is very invested in the Mega Man Covers than he has with Sonic lately.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Spin » Thu May 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Can't say I'm not hoping for Xander's death. He'll probably just forget everything he witnessed in the X timeline.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu May 22, 2014 4:12 pm

I gotta say, It's hard to believe It's almost Issue 50 of MM. It didn't seem that long ago since we started the Ra Moon saga at Issue 28
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Thu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm

The high resolution covers are here:
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/archi ... 00-148805/
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby diamonddeath » Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:I gotta say, It's hard to believe It's almost Issue 50 of MM. It didn't seem that long ago since we started the Ra Moon saga at Issue 28

I actually am enjoying the slow pacing in terms of what games are being covered. You can really feel things building up to a climax for where Mega Man and Proto Man face off in Mega Man 3. Ian is doing an amazing job with this comic. At least someone is doing something with Mega Man. I'm looking at you, Capcom haha. But seriously, I'm really excited about upcoming material. My only concern is wondering where Ian will take things once we surpass Mega Man 10, eve though that won't be for a long long time. I have faith that some really interesting new material will be made to further connect Mega Man to Mega Man X, though, and Ian has shown some amazing creativity with both Mega Man and Sonic that I have total faith in the future of this series under his pen. Here's to you you magnificent man! :D
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:42 pm

I got this issue in the mail today along with SU# 67. Pretty good wrap up to the current story and set up for what's next. I'll save more thoughts for later in the main topic, except for oooooooone little detail.

Spoiler: show
I'm now almost certain that we're getting another crossover with Sonic, thanks to some wall scribbles from Xander Payne.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby SilverMudkip7 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:17 pm

RadRed89 wrote:I got this issue in the mail today along with SU# 67. Pretty good wrap up to the current story and set up for what's next. I'll save more thoughts for later in the main topic, except for oooooooone little detail.

I'm now almost certain that we're getting another crossover with Sonic, thanks to some wall scribbles from Xander Payne.

Apparently, there was a surprise cameo at the end of the arc, so could you please tell us who the cameo was of?
SilverMudkip7
BumbleFan

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:00 pm

It's Sonic. Xander is carving his face into a wall alongside Mega Man's and a bunch of other symbols, like X or the symbol for infinity. I guess you could just say it's a reference to Worlds Collide, since Xander saw it in the time stream, but it feels like actually using Sonic's face wouldn't be allowed to appear unless they were specifically heading towards something again.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby SilverMudkip7 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 pm

RadRed89 wrote:
It's Sonic. Xander is carving his face into a wall alongside Mega Man's and a bunch of other symbols, like X or the symbol for infinity. I guess you could just say it's a reference to Worlds Collide, since Xander saw it in the time stream, but it feels like actually using Sonic's face wouldn't be allowed to appear unless they were specifically heading towards something again.

Interesting, but it seems a bit soon for another crossover... Although, maybe this one will take place in the comic's continuity, rather than the games world.
SilverMudkip7
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 pm

SilverMudkip7 wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:

Interesting, but it seems a bit soon for another crossover... Although, maybe this one will take place in the comic's continuity, rather than the games world.

I'm actually amazed at how much it looks like Sonic. Other times he's been hidden here the scribble is very obviously Sonic. I'm no doing another Crossover so soon would be a great idea honestly.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Any chance you could take a picture of the Sonic sketch?
Last edited by Ryannumber1gamer on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Maybe that website was RIGHT! :o
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Pretty good issue, though, I must admit, I am glad that the story arc is over. I'm ready for Mega Man 3.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:
Any chance you could take a picture of the Sonic sketch?

Unfortunately, no, but trust me, it's definitely Sonic. This isn't like a couple of issues ago, where Sonic was just a blue blur that you couldn't make out any details of. This is actually Sonic's face.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!