Mega Man #37 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #37 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Oakie620 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:18 pm

I just saw the preview. The Dawn of X arc looks very promising, although there is one particular detail bothering me: the goons from Emerald Spears look awfully small. X's official height is 160cm (1.6m, which is roughly 5'2'') and Zero isn't far off, which sets them well below the average adult male height in most of the world. I can't help but find this rather jarring, especially because their iconic armors make the goons look even smaller. I'm hoping this won't be a recurring issue.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu May 29, 2014 2:41 am

Oakie620 wrote:I just saw the preview. The Dawn of X arc looks very promising, although there is one particular detail bothering me: the goons from Emerald Spears look awfully small. X's official height is 160cm (1.6m, which is roughly 5'2'') and Zero isn't far off, which sets them well below the average adult male height in most of the world. I can't help but find this rather jarring, especially because their iconic armors make the goons look even smaller. I'm hoping this won't be a recurring issue.

I've a hunch that it won't be in the long run.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Acrosurge » Thu May 29, 2014 7:10 am

Oakie620 wrote:I just saw the preview. The Dawn of X arc looks very promising, although there is one particular detail bothering me: the goons from Emerald Spears look awfully small. X's official height is 160cm (1.6m, which is roughly 5'2'') and Zero isn't far off, which sets them well below the average adult male height in most of the world. I can't help but find this rather jarring, especially because their iconic armors make the goons look even smaller. I'm hoping this won't be a recurring issue.
I think this was addressed elsewhere, but even X's other official height (stated to be 165 cm in the Mega Man 25th Anniversary; Zero's height was stated to be 175 cm) doesn't account for the discrepancy.

While it was nice seeing my favorite Mega Man "towering" over humans, I'm sure he'll be returned to his relatively diminutive size soon. The team at Archie has thus far done a good job, in my opinion, of making the details of the comic as official as can be expected. I noted with pleasure that in the Sonic/Mega Man crossover, Mega Man appeared to be taller than Sonic, which is true of their official heights.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu May 29, 2014 4:45 pm

I like to think people are just really stunted in growth in the future. =D
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby TheMajinV » Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 pm

EvilEddie wrote:
Sonic Wind wrote:I wonder if all the other Cossack Numbers will make an appearance before we finally get to the MM4 Adaption?

Unlikely since Ring Man was specifically made to destroy Mega Man. And Skull Man being made specifically for combat doesn't fit too well either unless Cossack had military contracts too at one point.

Actually, I believe that Ring Man was designed to be a police robot first and foremost. His Ring Boomerangs were created as a non-lethal means of subduing human criminals. Skull Man, however, was built purely for combat purposes.

The issue itself was a very good introduction to the arc; I particularly like the heated exchanges between Cossack and Wily (possibly setting up a motive for the MM4 storyline) and how they're at each others throats for most of the issue. Zero's dialogue was also a nice change of pace, and it was quite refreshing to see him crack a few jokes; I guess Flynn's setting him up to have characteristics apart from being the bad@#$ of the X series.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby EvilEddie » Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm

TheMajinV wrote:Actually, I believe that Ring Man was designed to be a police robot first and foremost. His Ring Boomerangs were created as a non-lethal means of subduing human criminals. Skull Man, however, was built purely for combat purposes.

That's only in Hitoshi Ariga's works. Game canon wise Ring Man was created to destroy Mega Man and Skull Man was just a general combat robot as previously stated.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby The Bored » Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm

I'd always thought Skull man worked in a funeral home or morgue or maybe as a gravedigger.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

BEST. SHORT. CIRCUITS. EVER.

Mega Man #37 - Short Circuits.jpg

This one cracked me up :(hearty laughter):.

I am liking Dr. Cain's character, who unfortunately never got much of a presence in the games.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby TheMajinV » Fri May 30, 2014 5:03 pm

EvilEddie wrote:
TheMajinV wrote:Actually, I believe that Ring Man was designed to be a police robot first and foremost. His Ring Boomerangs were created as a non-lethal means of subduing human criminals. Skull Man, however, was built purely for combat purposes.

That's only in Hitoshi Ariga's works. Game canon wise Ring Man was created to destroy Mega Man and Skull Man was just a general combat robot as previously stated.

Looks like you are indeed right; I thought the Ariga version was inspired by the game canon, but I guess not.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby Penguin God » Fri May 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Ariga's got some fun ideas, but a whole lot of them aren't actually canon to the series at all. It's somewhat fun going through and seeing how many changes he makes.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Damo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Sunwalker wrote:BEST. SHORT. CIRCUITS. EVER.

Mega Man #37 - Short Circuits.jpg

This one cracked me up :(hearty laughter):.

I am liking Dr. Cain's character, who unfortunately never got much of a presence in the games.

Oh noooooooooooo........ the puuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn...
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Sat May 31, 2014 9:59 am

EvilEddie wrote:

So I guess Ring Man was designed after Dr. Wily kidnapped Kalinka? I don't see why else Dr. Cossack would design a Robot Master built for destroying Mega Man.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat May 31, 2014 11:12 am

Skull Man actually was designed for war and combat. I'm guessing much like how the Sniper Joes were part of a government grant. So yeah he was built by Cossack, but whether or not it was before or during the games I dunno. All I know is that Ring Man was definitely built to defeat Mega Man.

Even though his stage was more of a pain than Ring Man himself.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat May 31, 2014 11:18 am

Wily kidnapped Kalinka, and when Cossack got mad, Wily told him "if you loved her so much, you should have put a ring on it."

So he made Ring Man to try to retrieve her with his Ring Boomerang.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Axel T Rat » Sat May 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Let's see how this one goes.

+The usual MM3/MM4 foreshadowing
+X and ZERO
+Seeing more of the X verse in general
+The 8-bit menu displays

=Wily Walker seems to be new entirely unless its supposed to be Wily Machine 3
=Not entirely sure, but thinking the mesa area might be the same terrain as Hard Man's stage

-Only so much elements from each timeline crossing over so far
-The issue all around seems to be more about setting stuff up than anything

So~ while I do like seeing more of the X stuff, this story's kinda average
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!