Let's get a Mega Man X book

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Let's get a Mega Man X book

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 pm

So we all know that the fate of getting a Mega Man X book depends on how well the Mega Man comic does. With "Dawn of X" coming up, we need to show that we want an X book. So how is the best way of doing this? Should subscribers go and buy variant covers? will buying digital over print factor? How about trades? Would they be counted separately or all together? will they count at all? What can we do to show we want X?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Let's get a Mega Man X book

Postby RadRed89 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Being able to get the books on time again would be a good start...>_>
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:08 pm

I will support Mega Man X to the very end! Of course, getting the comics on time would certainly help the cause, as RadRed89 said.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby Spin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:26 am

Kidnap Ian off the side of the road after a car accident and force him to write X. Then make plans for an artist to illustrate.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:49 am

Spin wrote:Kidnap Ian off the side of the road after a car accident and force him to write X. Then make plans for an artist to illustrate.

Force him how? Put him in a VR world filled with orange Aussie raccoons?
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:06 am

I'm pretty sure there's no "forcing" involved in Ian wanting to write for an X comic. :P Just gotta get the heads of the bizz to give the final go ahead.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 am

Wait until after the crossover or SDCC. Then we might get something.
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Can't we just have a Mega Man Universe book? Just give X an occasional arc (for when Time Man does a voyeur thing in the Time Institute) then devote the other arcs to how the Robot Masters are having adventures during their time?

How about no arcs but one RM per issue? Then the story ties up in the end or an arc?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:44 am

BillNoSpoilers wrote:Wait until after the crossover or SDCC. Then we might get something.

If we wait that long, it may be too late. We have to show archie that people will buy an X book, so that means everyone needs to buy multiple copies, right?

if I got the money, I'm going to get the regular covers, the variant covers, and teh TPB
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Hm...I rather have a Battle Network or Star Force book, but since THAT'S not happening anytime soon(or ever)...
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby The Bored » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
BillNoSpoilers wrote:Wait until after the crossover or SDCC. Then we might get something.

If we wait that long, it may be too late. We have to show archie that people will buy an X book, so that means everyone needs to buy multiple copies, right?

if I got the money, I'm going to get the regular covers, the variant covers, and teh TPB

And why would it be too late?
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

^^^Because purchasing something in a timely fashion helps to prove that fans want it so badly that they'll pay now.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tcat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Couldn't we just wait for the paperbacks? I seem to remember hearing something that said they make more money in the long run and en-mass rather than comic books by themselves.

Either way I'm waiting for them... (hearty laughter). Books seem to last longer and not turn yellow as fast. >_> I'm not buying the same book twice just because a cover is different. :b
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:09 pm

well i just subscribed earlier today, only to find out there was a 30% off coupon on the archie store that goes bad after easter. Hopefully that extra bit of money I could have saved goes toward the creation of an X book.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Antiyonder » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Tcat wrote:Couldn't we just wait for the paperbacks? I seem to remember hearing something that said they make more money in the long run and en-mass rather than comic books by themselves.

But do they have enough support that would allow for the series to go on overall and would be a substitute for supporting it monthly?

Either way I'm waiting for them... (hearty laughter). Books seem to last longer and not turn yellow as fast. >_> I'm not buying the same book twice just because a cover is different. :b

Then just make sure to get every issue then.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!