Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby DBlack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 am

Just a note; the digital version of #36 is available on Comixology. It's quite frankly amazing. I really like the characterization of Wily in this one...and it's great to see...

Spoiler: show
Gamma getting introduced in such a fashion, and the plot for Mega Man 3's adaptation ready to go for when the Dawn of X series is done.

Great job!
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Re: Mega Man #36

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:51 am

*nodnod* Yes, though next time wait for the admins to put up a discussion for MM 36. *wink*

Comic looks good so fa-...

Wait. Hold on a minute...

IS THAT PHOENIX WRIGHT?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby DBlack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

Ha, sorry, just got excited.

And I wondered that, too. :)
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Anyways, here goes the Short Circuits:
Short Circuits - Mega Man #36

On a different note, I also caught the Ace Attorney reference. Even though I have never played that series :P
Ace Attorney nod in Mega Man #36
(spoilered for size)
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Sword man's sword? Neat,

Cool if Sword Man's sword ends up being space tech, would give wily a good reason to steal it other then him stealing random old sword.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Re: Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 pm

there can't possibly be anything preventing mega Man 3 from happening after Dawn of X. Rush is injured, so he won't have all of his abilities until later. Doc robot is constructed, and the RMs have attacked and stolen the energy elements.

IT's

FINALLY

HAPPENING!

I am so happy!
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 am

Sunwalker wrote:Anyways, here goes the Short Circuits:
Short Circuits - Mega Man #36

Best...Short...Circuit...ever!

*remembers Mega Man #6* Er...second best?

*remembers Mega Man #31* Third best!

*revises all three strips* Okay, this one is the best. With Muscle Wily.

That makes me realize something. Dr. Light needs to work out. *imagines muscular Dr. Light*

*long pause* Okay...bad idea...what a terrifying image...
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 am

An interesting thing to note to my fellow time-trackers. Looks like Mega Man's "Birthday" in issue 23 wasn't when he first became Mega man, because if it was, they wouldn't have celebrated it until after the Robot Masters here attacked, because Robot Masters were unveiled a year before Mega Man 36.

It must have been when he was first activated as Rock.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ClareSilver47 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:An interesting thing to note to my fellow time-trackers. Looks like Mega Man's "Birthday" in issue 23 wasn't when he first became Mega man, because if it was, they wouldn't have celebrated it until after the Robot Masters here attacked, because Robot Masters were unveiled a year before Mega Man 36.

It must have been when he was first activated as Rock.

Wasn't that... mentioned?

I'll have to re-check that issue O_o

Though I can't wait to read this issue :)
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:00 pm

So I got the issue today. Like, the literal issue in print.

36 was a blast! Powree's artwork is really solid throughout, especially his Wily. Dialogue wise, Wily continues to shine more than anything else in this comic. Whenever he's on panel, you know Ian just has endless excuses to have fun dialogue. Since he dominates the issue more than anything else, no one else gets any major moments unfortunately. Light is Light to a tee and Rock and Roll both have teeny bits of normal characterization. I wish the Wily bots had more individuality to them, but now really isn't the time for that anyway.

Plot wise, a very well made character journey here. Wily's struggle with being good or bad is very interesting to read and there's genuine character depth with him here I don't think I've seen up to now. But it flows so naturally that I can hardly call it out of nowhere. If I had to nitpick, I wish the ending didn't seem so obvious that he's decided to go bad again, I'd like to see that struggle go further, at least for a little while.

Interested to see what happens next. The crossover starts next month, which I'm still very uncertain about (the X back ups have been interesting, but not nearly informative enough I feel), and based on Mav's reaction, these events lead directly into Mega Man 3? Wonder how these stories are going to work. Regardless, looking forward to next time!
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 am

GentlemanX wrote:and based on Mav's reaction, these events lead directly into Mega Man 3? Wonder how these stories are going to work. Regardless, looking forward to next time!

The story of Mega Man 3 amounts to something like "Attention Mega Man! 8 robot masters in charge of mining expeditions for energy elements have gone rogue! You need to go and stop them!" Then once you beat all the Robot Masters, Wily himself steals Gamma. (of course you have no idea what Gamma is, even when you fight the dern thing, because 8 bit games skimped out on story a lot).

But yeah, that and the fact that rush is broken suggests that Mega Man will be stuck with rush coil (the only rush move available in the beginning of MM3) until he beats a few of the RMS.

So for Dawn of X, I'm thinking we're going to jump ahead to the future once again.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Wily's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, just by this comic alone (and of course the crossover with his lover former friend Eggman). I mean, I never thought that anybody would be able to just pour in that much development in our kooky villain, but WOW.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get more RM characterization once we pass the crossover. <3 Though Snake Man and Hard Man's quip was hilarious...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Well, Sonic #259 is a week late, but it looks like this issue got to me on time, so that's cool. Hopefully Archie is starting to fix whatever problems they've had the last few months.

Alright. First off. YEAH ACE ATTORNEY CAMEOS! Oh man, that was just a delight. Even if they weren't named, and their designs were changed slightly, seeing Phoenix Wright and the Judge pop up was great. I just wish we'd gotten an Edgeworth-esque character to complete the set. But I guess with everything else going on in this issue there wasn't enough space. Ah well. Maybe next time.

The rest of the issue was pretty great as well. It was mainly just set-up for Mega Man 3, but it was well done set-up. Wily's scenes were the highlight of this issue. I'm glad he was actually shown to be a little conflicted over whether to go through with his latest villainous plan or not. It's too bad we know he's always gonna come down on the side of villainy, since he probably could do a lot of good for the world if he wasn't so concerned with stroking his ego.

With the ending of this issue, it looks like we'll definitely be jumping straight into Mega Man 3 once Dawn of X is over. I'm ready for that. I've enjoyed all of the stories we've had since Mega Man 2 happened, but it feels like it's been long enough for the next main game story.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:53 am

Ah, good. Looks like the subscribers' version is starting to get back on schedule after that recent delay as I got mine yesterday, too. All in all, it's a good setup for Mega Man 3 in about five months. I like how Wily's actually conflicted about things for a little bit until he lets his usual self take over. It would have been interesting to see him try and fight over that conflict for a few issues, but at the same time, I think a good majority of people would have been upset had we had to wait until the end of the fourth year for this arc. Oh well, bring it on after The Dawn of X!
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:46 am

The Question is: will Dawn of X take place in the future (after Worlds Collide), or will Wily's creation wreak havoc while Wily is trying to show he's turned a new leaf?

I'm hoping for the later. If we do another time-skip, its just going to show us that Xander Payne is going to survive until after Mega Man 10, which would stifle the writers' creativity on that character.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!