Keiji Inafune still wants to make Mega Man Legends 3

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune still wants to make Mega Man Legends 3

Postby Razorsaw » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:40 pm

again, what makes you think it's exclusive to Japan, or even Capcom?
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Razorsaw wrote:again, what makes you think it's exclusive to Japan, or even Capcom?

Does it have to be in order for them to be a terrible company that ruined dozens of great game franchises?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Nope.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Razorsaw » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:09 am

I'm saying that if you ascribed the same standards all across the board you'd find a lot of companies that have done the same, and then what are you left with? Inafune's hands aren't exactly clean either.

You put out one fire, what are you left with? Nothing really changing and a skewed sense of priorities.
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Spin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Razorsaw wrote:You put out one fire, what are you left with?

Burnt pizza.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Razorsaw wrote:I'm saying that if you ascribed the same standards all across the board you'd find a lot of companies that have done the same, and then what are you left with? Inafune's hands aren't exactly clean either.

Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Razorsaw wrote:again, what makes you think it's exclusive to Japan, or even Capcom?

Does it have to be in order for them to be a terrible company that ruined dozens of great game franchises?

Wow...you are so not bitter. Like theres so little bitterness in this post. Bitterness? What Bitterness?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby El Veinte » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 am

My memory is fuzzy, but I thought the kind of thing that Inafune was denouncing as he left Capcom was the lack of incentive for Japanese developers, as in "I get paid the same whether this game is game of the year or a total bomb, so why should I put in any extra effort?" That sort of play it safe sequels, salaryman mentality. I don't think he was saying developers needed to be treated as slaves to get good work out of them. From the MN9 forums it sounds like breaks are still mandatory for the team.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby Razorsaw » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:37 pm

El Veinte wrote:My memory is fuzzy, but I thought the kind of thing that Inafune was denouncing as he left Capcom was the lack of incentive for Japanese developers, as in "I get paid the same whether this game is game of the year or a total bomb, so why should I put in any extra effort?" That sort of play it safe sequels, salaryman mentality. I don't think he was saying developers needed to be treated as slaves to get good work out of them. From the MN9 forums it sounds like breaks are still mandatory for the team.

he says that about WESTERN developers, and that they're motivated to stand out because they're treated so badly, and that doing well means that they'll be promoted up the food chain.

Which is the exact opposite of what actually happens.
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:53 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

Wow...you are so not bitter. Like theres so little bitterness in this post. Bitterness? What Bitterness?

Bitter? Perhaps. Truthful? Of course.

Or did you forget Capcom was facing Bankruptcy not too long ago because of their bad business practices costing them millions of sales?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Razorsaw » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:12 pm

No one ever said they were filing for bankruptcy and that they were even considering it. Someone posted a very small and limited account of their financial situation.

It wasn't GOOD, but it wasn't bankruptcy. It's also something several other gaming-related companies have faced in the past several years. Sony's stock is junk status, what about them?
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:13 pm

For the sake of context, here is the translation of the interview that Keiji Inafune gave right after he left Capcom (the one he talked about western developers):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=1

Considering it was translated from Japanese to English, it should be taken with a grain of salt since something might have been lost in translation.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Razorsaw wrote: Sony's stock is junk status, what about them?

They aren't related to Mega Man Legends 3.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Razorsaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:51 am

Needless to say, it's an example of how you can't take a flying leap from "financial issues" to "BANKRUPTCY"
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:48 am

Razorsaw wrote:Needless to say, it's an example of how you can't take a flying leap from "financial issues" to "BANKRUPTCY"

Bankruptcy may be a little extreme, but their financial issues stem from their terrible business practices.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!