Keiji Inafune still wants to make Mega Man Legends 3

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune still wants to make Mega Man Legends 3

Postby The Bored » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

Stop being so vitriolic about it.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 am

The Bored wrote:Stop being so vitriolic about it.

Why is it when someone has a negative opinion of something that's negative, it's labeled as vitriolic? I'm tired of not being able to have my opinions around here because people are like "ooh stop being negative!"

Am I supposed to like the fact that they bullied a woman to near suicide?
am I supposed to appreciate that they make a man work so much that he passes out?
Am I supposed to thank them for turning their classic franchises into generic and bland action crap?
Am I supposed to feel sorry that they brought this all on themselves?

Am I supposed to not mention any of this and pretend it never happened so that we don't have to talk about anything that isn't happy all the time?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:32 am

It's not your opinions that bother me (IMO) it's the way you bring it up. A lot of what you say could be worded in a far more neutral tone of voice compared to using 'terrible business practices' or 'BANKRUPTCY' without ironing out the facts from the opinions. Capcom isn't bankrupt yet, but they are losing money judging from the sales and stocks, so yeah.

Of course we're all going to be rather critical of Capcom's decisions and their state in today's standards, but it takes skill to differentiate the 'meeh bad bad bad' to the 'business practice issues.' Which is, as you know, rather obvious to see which hardcore angry fan differs from another group of hardcore angry fan.

Also you do bring it up a lot and in various unrelated topics so yeah.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:It's not your opinions that bother me (IMO) it's the way you bring it up. A lot of what you say could be worded in a far more neutral tone of voice compared to using 'terrible business practices' or 'BANKRUPTCY' without ironing out the facts from the opinions. Capcom isn't bankrupt yet, but they are losing money judging from the sales and stocks, so yeah.

Of course we're all going to be rather critical of Capcom's decisions and their state in today's standards, but it takes skill to differentiate the 'meeh bad bad bad' to the 'business practice issues.' Which is, as you know, rather obvious to see which hardcore angry fan differs from another group of hardcore angry fan.

Also you do bring it up a lot and in various unrelated topics so yeah.
Indeed, Capcom has done some things that were, quite frankly, wrong, but you bring it up all the dang time. As said in the post above, you go to such an extreme.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

For me it's like people who bash Saban Brands for being Incompetent just because they don't personally like the new Power Rangers seasons they've produced.

It makes fans come off as jerks if literally everything they say is something about how terrible a company is. Yes companies make awful desisions a lot but there's no need to be so mean spirited when talking about then.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Also you do bring it up a lot and in various unrelated topics so yeah.

Months ago, maybe. I haven't talked about capcom at all until it was brought up in this thread. I started by criticizing Inafune for leaving before he had the game finished, (and also a little hint about his involvement in the creation of Donte).
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Razorsaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 pm

The thing is, the things you're pointing out are pervasive in regards to the industry. Read up on what testers have to endure, as well as lower level devs, and general business practices. If you're SERIOUS about this needing to be called out (and that IS a worthwhile pursuit), you should apply it across the board. But in this case, it comes off as singling out Capcom because it affects the series you like more.
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Razorsaw wrote: you should apply it across the board. But in this case, it comes off as singling out Capcom because it affects the series you like more.

Well, I would talk about how crappy EA is, but this thread, and this board, has nothing to do with EA.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!