Mega Man #38 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #38 Preview

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Time traveling confirmed?

Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 pm

The Bored wrote:
ShadowBat20 wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:Well then. I certainly didn't expect to see Xander popping up in this story. Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were. I'm guessing it's that thing X is going to town on on the cover, but I don't recognize it.

That Variant is nice too. It's nice to see so many characters in one place like that, although it kinda looks like poor Axl got the shaft by the logo. I wonder what the final image will look like.

It kind of reminds me of the Yellow Devil.

I thought that too at first, but it's got two eyes.

True. But I just keep getting a Yellow Devil vibe from it. Maybe it's some sort of redesign? I dunno.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Time traveling confirmed?

I can't help but agree with the image.

I wasn't asking for it either, but if it's done well, I won't complain. But time will tell if it's done well or not, and there's the possibility it won't be, so I'm prepared whatever the case may be.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby CaleTheCat » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Time traveling confirmed?

I can't help but agree with the image.

I wasn't asking for it either, but if it's done well, I won't complain. But time will tell if it's done well or not, and there's the possibility it won't be, so I'm prepared whatever the case may be.

Oh, witty you. :wink: :P
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Sonicpolo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:04 pm

No matter what happens. Dawn of X reminds me so much of that Mega Man Cartoon Episode.

I hope Cigma doesn't have that evil robe on him during the arc since I think this arc is supposed to pre-MMX
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Antiyonder » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:50 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were.

True. Afterall, Wily could never construct something or I should say someone like Zero. :wink:
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Zan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:10 pm

I hope Cigma doesn't have that evil robe on him during the arc since I think this arc is supposed to pre-MMX

He's already been confirmed to have robe and eye scars after the battle with Zero. Only the spikes came with his rebellion.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 am

ShadowBat20 wrote:
The Bored wrote:
ShadowBat20 wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:Well then. I certainly didn't expect to see Xander popping up in this story. Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were. I'm guessing it's that thing X is going to town on on the cover, but I don't recognize it.

That Variant is nice too. It's nice to see so many characters in one place like that, although it kinda looks like poor Axl got the shaft by the logo. I wonder what the final image will look like.

It kind of reminds me of the Yellow Devil.

I thought that too at first, but it's got two eyes.

True. But I just keep getting a Yellow Devil vibe from it. Maybe it's some sort of redesign? I dunno.

Two devil cores!

Zan wrote:

He's already been confirmed to have robe and eye scars after the battle with Zero. Only the spikes came with his rebellion.

The Zero thing from X4 never made as much sense as the MHX version, or else half his head should be purple. =P

I always felt better with MHX, because then Zero could rip Sigma's face off, they'd fix it, and X would scar it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 am

The Zero thing from X4 never made as much sense as the MHX version, or else half his head should be purple. =P

I always felt better with MHX, because then Zero could rip Sigma's face off, they'd fix it, and X would scar it.

To me, it makes the most sense that Sigma would repair those damages. He'd only keep those scars for symbolic reasons. Thereby if X and Zero both delivered similar blows to Sigma ego, it fits all the more.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Man the amount of scrutiny Archie's already getting from this is troubling.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Man the amount of scrutiny Archie's already getting from this is troubling.

Don't worry, as soon as they decide against an X comic because of the scrutiny, people will scrutinize thedecision for a LACK of an X comic. Aaaah, you can never make people happy.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Danged if you do, danged if you don't.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Man the amount of scrutiny Archie's already getting from this is troubling.

What, just here, or elsewhere? Because if you're basing that off of here, this is a ridiculously small amount of the Mega Man fanbase. And if you mean other places in the internet, well, I see Archie get bashed almost all over the place just for Sonic, but it does just fine.

Don't let the haters trick you. There's almost always a lot more people that are either fans or indifferent than people who dislike stuff like this, it's just that those people who dislike it, are much more vocal, giving it the illusion of there being a lot more of them that there actually are.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:15 am

Zan wrote:

To me, it makes the most sense that Sigma would repair those damages. He'd only keep those scars for symbolic reasons. Thereby if X and Zero both delivered similar blows to Sigma ego, it fits all the more.

Kind of. I thought that might be the case, but... the way it's done, it's almost stylized. Like, to get that look from Zero's beating, he would have had to design that, and that just seemed odd to me.

Then again, I never knew they were supposed to be scars for the first several games, being purple and symmetrical and all. I thought he (and Bass, for that matter, given how angular and straight his are) had some equivalent to face/warpaint going on.

...heck, truth be told, if they retconned it to that tomorrow, you'd not hear a single complaint from me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 am

Kind of. I thought that might be the case, but... the way it's done, it's almost stylized. Like, to get that look from Zero's beating, he would have had to design that, and that just seemed odd to me.

Then again, I never knew they were supposed to be scars for the first several games, being purple and symmetrical and all. I thought he (and Bass, for that matter, given how angular and straight his are) had some equivalent to face/warpaint going on.

...heck, truth be told, if they retconned it to that tomorrow, you'd not hear a single complaint from me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Well, they're not really scars either. Being a machine, repairing those comes easy. What's more, each incarnation of his body has had them shaped and colored differently. Symbolic warpaint based on former damages, that seems to be the likeliest scenario.

That said, I've a certain fondness for Iwamoto's rendition. In that one, Sigma burned those marks into own skin upon announcing his rebellion. Impossible to jibe with MHX, but epic stuff nonetheless.
Zan
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!