Mega Man #38 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #38 Preview

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:34 am

Zan wrote:
Kind of. I thought that might be the case, but... the way it's done, it's almost stylized. Like, to get that look from Zero's beating, he would have had to design that, and that just seemed odd to me.

Then again, I never knew they were supposed to be scars for the first several games, being purple and symmetrical and all. I thought he (and Bass, for that matter, given how angular and straight his are) had some equivalent to face/warpaint going on.

...heck, truth be told, if they retconned it to that tomorrow, you'd not hear a single complaint from me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Well, they're not really scars either. Being a machine, repairing those comes easy. What's more, each incarnation of his body has had them shaped and colored differently. Symbolic warpaint based on former damages, that seems to be the likeliest scenario.

That said, I've a certain fondness for Iwamoto's rendition. In that one, Sigma burned those marks into own skin upon announcing his rebellion. Impossible to jibe with MHX, but epic stuff nonetheless.

Agreed.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 am

Oil Man's lips are visible on that variant. I guess the trade off was using the American color scheme instead of the original Japanese one.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 am

Well, I think of it as an art thing. Facial scars can give the appearance of a rebel or a tough guy, makes them look imposing.

(hearty laughter) I asked Mom, "It's not a nice thing to have but if you get in trouble with the law it's easier to spot you if you're spotted!"
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:56 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Well, I think of it as an art thing. Facial scars can give the appearance of a rebel or a tough guy, makes them look imposing.

(hearty laughter) I asked Mom, "It's not a nice thing to have but if you get in trouble with the law it's easier to spot you if you're spotted!"

Yeah, it's just the style/design of the scars. They just seem so... manufactured.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zack_GLC » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:41 am

Spaz is too dope!
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:54 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:Well, I think of it as an art thing. Facial scars can give the appearance of a rebel or a tough guy, makes them look imposing.

Yeah, it's just the style/design of the scars. They just seem so... manufactured.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Yeah, I don't even know WHY they're considered scars in the MM Universe. They're kind of more like tattoos or war paint.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Thu May 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Editor Paul Kaminski posted a teaser from this issue:
Spoiler: show
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!