Mega Man #38 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #38 Preview

Postby Tylinos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:58 pm

MEGA MAN #38
(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The epic Mega Man/Mega Man X crossover event continues in 'Dawn of X,' part 2! We travel one hundred years into Mega Man's future, where an ancient Wily weapon threatens all defenseless humans! It's up to X and Zero to combat the lumbering metal monstrosity! Meanwhile, Emerald Spears terrorist-on-the-run Xander Payne tumbles through time-and sees something that will change him forever! Featuring brand new cover art from Patrick 'Spaz' Spaziante and an extra special character-packed variant cover from Ben Bates!

Time traveling Xander Payne? ...I don't think anyone saw that coming.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... VR_1339668
http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... PA_1339667
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Re: Mega Man #38 Preview

Postby ShadowBat20 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Ooh, Xander? Awesome. Can't wait to see his reaction to the future.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Well then. I certainly didn't expect to see Xander popping up in this story. Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were. I'm guessing it's that thing X is going to town on on the cover, but I don't recognize it.

That Variant is nice too. It's nice to see so many characters in one place like that, although it kinda looks like poor Axl got the shaft by the logo. I wonder what the final image will look like.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Zulon Eredas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 pm

I see Spider on the cover...but he's cut off by the title.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby ShadowBat20 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Well then. I certainly didn't expect to see Xander popping up in this story. Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were. I'm guessing it's that thing X is going to town on on the cover, but I don't recognize it.

That Variant is nice too. It's nice to see so many characters in one place like that, although it kinda looks like poor Axl got the shaft by the logo. I wonder what the final image will look like.

It kind of reminds me of the Yellow Devil.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby ChaosJam » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:02 am

Really getting excited for this. The Variant cover reminds me of the character artwork Spaz did at the end of Sonic #25 with all the characters looking up at the reader.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:20 am

"Screw this crossover crap, I've had enough of that last time. Plus, I haven't even made my actual debut in the comic yet!"

*walks away with back turned*

What I think was going on in Bass's head on the variant cover. :P
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Sonicpolo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

SonicSoul wrote:"Screw this crossover crap, I've had enough of that last time. Plus, I haven't even made my actual debut in the comic yet!"

*walks away with back turned*

What I think was going on in Bass's head on the variant cover. :P

"Bass where are you going you're missing the cover shot" That's why Wily face is like that.

"NO! I'M NOT DOING THIS! They skipped 100 years to do this crossover but they won't go and introduce me already.

I went that's what happen in the cover as well.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:25 pm

I kinda understand where that'd be coming from--we're STILL not at MM3.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 pm

*flings everyone out of the way and commences the Gimme Hands*

Yeah, was NOT expecting Xander in the least. Well, hey, I approve. At least we don't toss continuity out the window by sending X or Rock to another time.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

DANG IT! I should've renewed my mega man subscription for this! ...Oh well, I'll ust get them from the comic store. I'm out of money right now anyway.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Emerald Spears terrorist-on-the-run Xander Payne tumbles through time

Well that certainly came out of left field. All I can picture is him going "I TOLD YOU! YOU IDIOTS DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME BUT I WAS RIGHT! AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD! HAHA!"
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am

Which would probably also tell people that he really is off his rocker and send him straight to the nearest asylum.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:28 pm

I wonder if Xander will become one of the characters in X somehow, whether a new one or one of the already official characters from the games.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:39 pm

ShadowBat20 wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:Well then. I certainly didn't expect to see Xander popping up in this story. Color me intrigued to see how that plays out. I wonder what exactly X and Zero are going up against. It's hard to think of something that was created by Wily 100 years ago being that threatening after so much time, unless it was in cold storage like they were. I'm guessing it's that thing X is going to town on on the cover, but I don't recognize it.

It kind of reminds me of the Yellow Devil.

I thought that too at first, but it's got two eyes.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!