Mega Man #35: Spoilers/Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #35: Spoilers/Discussion

Postby Bean » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 am

The only sticking point for me in going from Mega Man X to Maverick Hunter X was that in the former, X was an ancient machine that was unable to stand up to Vile and needed to be saved by Zero. In Maverick Hunter X, he shows that he could beat Vile one-on-one pretty much from the beginning.

It's the whole powering up thing that made MMX neato, and I feel that's somewhat lost in the remake. I don't agree with the story being screwed up, and it's not like Dr. Cain wasn't quietly written out after X3 (or X4's instruction manual) anyway.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:49 am

True, but maybe they felt it was better in terms of game mechanics that way? The story still pretty much plays out the same way in that regard.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ShadowBat20 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:48 am

Damo wrote:Best comic on the stands?

Best comic on the stands.

Everything in the Amazon and everything between Tempo and Blues was just perfect. The only thing that could've made the issue better would've been some Wily, but you can't have everything.

This sums up my feelings on the issue exactly. I mean, I really enjoy Ian's work on the Sonic comics, they're great, but I honestly think Mega Man is his best work. Loved this issue.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Bean » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:12 am

This was a very well-written issue. It's kind of funny that I've found the best stories from this comic to have involved Proto Man in some form. He's not even a personal favorite of mine, but Proto-Type and that Blues/Tempo discussion in this were done just right.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Finally got this issue in the mail with SU#62

First the Blues and Tempo scene. It was well written and the artwork match the emotions.
The Shadow of Ra Moon Scene was good as well.
Mega Man X!!

even it's less action packed than I hoped, I found the story good and the artwork flawless. I like the set up to X joining the Maverick Hunters.

The Mega Man X4 flashback reference got me eXcited. (My favorite MMX game) I can't wait until we get a X book, instead, I'll wait for Dawn of X.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Acrosurge » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:03 pm

I feel like I'm missing out here, though unfortunately not on the late delivery. I paid for my subscription in February and still haven't received a single issue! Looking forward to some great artwork.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Hyper Fourze » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 am

Bean wrote:The only sticking point for me in going from Mega Man X to Maverick Hunter X was that in the former, X was an ancient machine that was unable to stand up to Vile and needed to be saved by Zero. In Maverick Hunter X, he shows that he could beat Vile one-on-one pretty much from the beginning.

It's the whole powering up thing that made MMX neato, and I feel that's somewhat lost in the remake. I don't agree with the story being screwed up, and it's not like Dr. Cain wasn't quietly written out after X3 (or X4's instruction manual) anyway.

The big thing about MHX is that X was inexperienced but had great potential. The same thing was expressed in MMX, albeit differently. At least that's how I see it.
Hyper Fourze
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Acrosurge wrote:I feel like I'm missing out here, though unfortunately not on the late delivery. I paid for my subscription in February and still haven't received a single issue! Looking forward to some great artwork.

order-help@archiecomics.com

...or it's order_help@archiecomics.com. Either way, contact them and ask about your subscription.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Acrosurge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 pm

My thanks to you, sir. I'm awaiting this issue with great anticipation!

This series is rapidly overtaking Hitoshi Ariga's Mega/Gigamix as my favorite paper medium representation of the Mega Man Mythos. I'm so looking forward to the second chapter in the X story. Also looking forward to reading the Ra Moon arc, though I'll have to wait for the TPB in May. Its so hard!
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:38 am

ShadowBat20 wrote:This sums up my feelings on the issue exactly. I mean, I really enjoy Ian's work on the Sonic comics, they're great, but I honestly think Mega Man is his best work. Loved this issue.

To be fair, he's been the only writer on this book. He hasn't had to work with another writer's non-canon additions like he did on Sonic.

Who knows...years from now when StH and SU have settled into the new normal, it may feel very much the same as MM does since he'll effectively be the only writer in the books' "history."

...but...I do really prefer MM to the Sonic books right now too! :(hearty laughter):
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Um...
I just wanted to add...
Pre-Reboot Tempo was adorbs.
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:04 pm

This issue was excellent. I really enjoy Break Man in this one, empty and angry. I definitely prefer this version to hoiw Ian protrayed his origin. Great stuff!

I like how Mega Man is getting some legitimate characterization too. Having him feel terror is a neat touch.

Kudos Ian, you knocked it out of the park with this one.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 am

ZonicZoneCop wrote:Um...
I just wanted to add...

Yeah, and despite Blues insistence that she was not repaired the same, it's feels very apparent to me that the experience had definitely changed her rather than anything anyone did or didn't do to her mechanically.

It's funny, because when we first see pre-accident Tempo, I thought she wasn't even completed. She seemed almost prototypical in that her personality was so ADHD, but then I realized we've never known Tempo prior to her accident so that's probably what she already was like. The trauma along with the situation of having her personality removed seems to have caused her to mature.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:53 am

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
ZonicZoneCop wrote:Um...
I just wanted to add...

Yeah, and despite Blues insistence that she was not repaired the same, it's feels very apparent to me that the experience had definitely changed her rather than anything anyone did or didn't do to her mechanically.

It's funny, because when we first see pre-accident Tempo, I thought she wasn't even completed. She seemed almost prototypical in that her personality was so ADHD, but then I realized we've never known Tempo prior to her accident so that's probably what she already was like. The trauma along with the situation of having her personality removed seems to have caused her to mature.

More like traumatized her. In Cold Crush she did have a moment of hyperactivity when she shown excitement towards their escape. But she's definitely learned to be way more careful, if my assumption that her own hyperactivity caused the accident...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm

It's a talky issue but I really enjoyed the two examples of how robot masters feel.  Mega Man's fear is refreshing COMING FROM HIM.  Bots with fear isn't new, with the likes of cowards like Astro Man (though not yet introduced).  Quake Woman is still pretty cold, considering how she used to be as a 'kid' (she was perky?!?  And silly?!?).  I would have had Blues' sibling revelation to be a bigger moment, have the panel with more impact before he teleported away.  His frustration at not getting the answer he wants made me want to hit him upside the head cuz he totally wasn't listening to Tempo.

Btw, there's got to be a limitation with the teleports or else any bot could just 'port into any location and do assassination work.

Roll hugged Pharoah Man!  She went to him for protection!  Pharoah Man exudes alpha male proton particles!  He's a confirmed stud, haha!

Btw, the issue just came out in my comic store this week but 36 is out online already?!? It feels like the folks buying hard copies are being put down somehow. We're a month late with the stories :(
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!