Keiji Inafune presents Azure Striker Gunvolt

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Azure Striker Gunvolt

Postby Bean » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:49 am

If you're just going through the game to beat it, I think it's pretty simple so far. I've only lost Gunvolt three times, two of those being in that rising water part. It's when you're trying to get the highest rank that things get crazy. You basically have to do a no-hit run to get an S or S+.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:25 am

I wished they would have more then three enemies on screen at once given that you could use a gun that could tag quite a few targets. Thinking of the kind of bullets/guns I've seen in shooting games they could have gone crazier with the idea. up gradable guns would have been nice.

I did beat the game, saw that ending comming in the first five minutes of the game :(hearty laughter):
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 pm

So...since Mighty No.9 is getting a cartoon, does that mean this game might get its own Anime series?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Maybe.

So I beat the game earlier this afternoon, technically twice since you really have to in order to get the real ending of the game. And...I'm really kinda torn on how I feel about this game's story overall.

Spoiler: show
I heard that when the game was translated and brought over to the States, they cut out a LOT of supplementary dialogue in the game that gives some development to a lot of the characters, and I could believe it, with how barebones the story in the game is.

I mean, I understand that Joule and Lumen are important to Gunvolt, but the game, or at least our version, BARELY establishes a relationship between them at all. Sure you can talk to Joule, but she just says the same four or five lines over and over, and Lumen gets even less. It's the same with Gunvolt's relationship with the characters in Quill. Sure, we're TOLD that Gunvolt and Zeno are apparently the best of friends. But they interact so infrequently you can't get a grasp on it. And the game never even tells you what Gunvolt's relationship with Moniqua is like at all.

And then there's Asimov. I don't have a problem with his sudden heel turn at the end of the game once you've brought down Nova and the Sumeragi Corp. But we're not given enough time with his character for the betrayal to mean ANYTHING. Outside of the intro stage there's no real interaction between him and Gunvolt at all, the same problem with Gunvolt and Joule. So Gunvolt's feelings of loss and desperation at the end of the game feel kind of hollow. It feels like the 'plot', if you can call it that, is just a lot of TELLING instead of SHOWING.

The game itself was a lot of fun to play, but the story feels practically empty. Hopefully if this game ever gets a sequel, they won't cut out so much of the story when they translate it for us this time.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:45 am

Why would they cut out so much of the story? O.o
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:36 am

Money and time issues. This isn't like when they had Capcom supporting them in the past. Inti Creates is a relatively small company here. I wish there could be a patch for the lost text down the road, but that probably won't happen.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:20 am

Also the lack of English voice acting. Stuff comes up during gameplay, you'd have to stop constantly to read it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am

Bean wrote:Money and time issues. This isn't like when they had Capcom supporting them in the past. Inti Creates is a relatively small company here. I wish there could be a patch for the lost text down the road, but that probably won't happen.

well if the second game is going to cost about the same as the first I could see the coming out with a combo addition where you can buy a physical copy as one complete game for 30$. maybe they might add the missing bits then.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 am

I could see a patch to restore the content happening at some point. Maybe not immediately, but maybe some day.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Also the lack of English voice acting. Stuff comes up during gameplay, you'd have to stop constantly to read it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

which is a major problem in the Mighty No 9 demo.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Bean » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:08 am

Is it like Mega Man X5 where you literally stop for Mighty No. 9, or is it more that you can read it on the go? I ask because the former is one of my least favorite Mega Man games of all-time because they force you to stop instead of have fun constantly.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Also the lack of English voice acting. Stuff comes up during gameplay, you'd have to stop constantly to read it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

which is a major problem in the Mighty No 9 demo.

All the more reason to hope they make their voice acting goals, I suppose.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The KKM » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 am

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Since some people happen to not have a problem with subtitles, like, I don't know, much of Southern Europe, it's really maddening we're being shoved away from all this content because "but it's not dubbed". What are they thinking.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:38 pm

If subtitles happen in gameplay, though, that COULD be distracting form bullets or attacks that come from the bottom of the screen.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:27 am

lalalei2001 wrote:If subtitles happen in gameplay, though, that COULD be distracting form bullets or attacks that come from the bottom of the screen.

Indeed. As it is, your field combined with other stuff on screen can make some parts hard to follow.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!