Keiji Inafune presents Azure Striker Gunvolt

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Azure Striker Gunvolt

Postby colleenekat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I've been hearing Europe will get it, but it will take longer due to localization.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I think it is because of translating the language. It dose take lots of time.
colleenekat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Bean » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 am

Finally time for this one to be hitting North American shores, presumably around 1PM EST. I'll be picking up an eShop card later today and enjoy playing it over the weekend. I love that while there are similarities to titles past, Gunvolt looks like it will go off in its own direction. Hope you all enjoy it!
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

theres suppose to be some kind of download code to get might gunvolt free with buying this but I haven't seen it.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

After Gunvolt finished downloading, it presented a receipt and it had a button I just hit and it immediately started downloading Mighty Gunvolt.

There should be a way to go and look at the receipts of the games you've purchased and get the code off it or even download from there like I did.

UPDATE: Go all the way to the left to "Settings / Other", down to Account Activity, then find "Azure Striker GUNVOLT" and click "View Receipt" and the code will be very close to the bottom of that receipt. No convenient button if you didn't use it initially though. :(
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:30 pm

so I came into this not knowing anything except a basic premise and the fact that its inticreates, and I have to say its intersting.

Tagging enemies and then hitting them with electricity is interesting, and makes me think that maybe Mighty No 9's dash mechanic isn't going to be AS annoying as I thought, specially if enemies are placed so you can dash through multiple ones on the screen or something.

But what made me scratch my head was that when I died, I came back to life with a big power up. It seems to cheapen death, though I noticed that despite having infinite energy, I still had a health bar, so maybe if you die while powered up, you'll actually die.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby HeinousActsZX » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:But what made me scratch my head was that when I died, I came back to life with a big power up. It seems to cheapen death, though I noticed that despite having infinite energy, I still had a health bar, so maybe if you die while powered up, you'll actually die.

Yeah, that bugged me. I actually killed myself again so I'd lose the power; it was making things way too easy.
I have to say, I haven't played all that much of it yet, but I'm not super impressed so far.
It looks nice, and the feeling of dispatching enemies with the electricity is satisfying, but it's so easy, almost effortless, to blaze through the stages.
My favorite Mega Man series is the ZX series, and the lack of fair challenge that game had is sorely missed.
I'm enjoying the story, but so far I'm finding Gunvolt to be a sub-par imitation of a better Mega Man game.
I hope the same isn't true of Mighty No. 9.
Last edited by HeinousActsZX on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
But what made me scratch my head was that when I died, I came back to life with a big power up. It seems to cheapen death, though I noticed that despite having infinite energy, I still had a health bar, so maybe if you die while powered up, you'll actually die.

Was that death under water? because that was the only place where that happened to me, I thought I triggered a power up or somthing? I kind of suspect you are meant to die there, I can't see most people making it through there first time around and it's the first stag most people would select.

All the boss battles are fun, I noticed none of them have the basic elament themes you know like fire, water, earth, wind powers that seem to show up over and over in Mega Man games.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:55 am

Hate the underwater part...

From the TMMN review, Prevasion "rewards players for not using Gunvolt's electricity powers by making him invulnerable to most attacks while not using the Flashfield. Figuring out the best use of each system becomes essential later in the game and gives the game a certain depth."

And if memory serves, the recovery thing occurs at random, provided you talked to Joule before entering the stage. Details are here.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:20 pm

thats good to know, and that just shows you how well placed that stage I was talking about is, the first thing everyone doese is try out the select menu to save, That only time I rembered to talked with Joule, then the next thing I did was select the first stage.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby RadRed89 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 pm

I gotta say, this game is a lot of fun. But it is WAY too easy. As far as I can tell Joule's revival song happens every time you die, and once you have that going you're literally unstoppable. Even the boss fights are no challenge at all when that Anthem is on.

Mighty Gunvolt is pretty fun too. But geez is the localization horrible.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby HeinousActsZX » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:55 pm

RadRed89 wrote:But geez is the localization horrible.

I'm fairly sure that was intentional, to keep with the old school style graphics.
HeinousActsZX
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 pm

HeinousActsZX wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:But geez is the localization horrible.

I'm fairly sure that was intentional, to keep with the old school style graphics.

Old school graphics? They are using pixels it's not like it looks like a nes or snes game. Lots of games still use this style animation that does mean it's old school.

As for the localization, there really isn't enough speach in this game to worth paying english actors just bad guys screaming attacks.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Terrible localization?

Now I REALLY need this game!

I seriously have plans to get this. Just wish it came out sooner.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
HeinousActsZX wrote:Old school graphics? They are using pixels it's not like it looks like a nes or snes game. Lots of games still use this style animation that does mean it's old school.

As for the localization, there really isn't enough speach in this game to worth paying english actors just bad guys screaming attacks.

You're confusing Mighty Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Bean » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:49 am

If you're just going through the game to beat it, I think it's pretty simple so far. I've only lost Gunvolt three times, two of those being in that rising water part. It's when you're trying to get the highest rank that things get crazy. You basically have to do a no-hit run to get an S or S+.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!