Bridging the gap. The Classic to X interim. What do we know?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Bridging the gap. The Classic to X interim. What do we k

Postby Zan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 pm

One tiny, little, peculiar detail I just learned:
Batton Bones are prominent throughout "Challenger from the Future." These X-series mechaniloids completely replaced the Batton (Bubble Bat). Only a rare 30-year old Batton can be found in X1, Armored Armadillo's stage. This obscure Bandai-made game implies a time of co-existance for the two, right in the middle of the series interim.

Btw, I may write up an elaborate section on the Sigma Virus some time later.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Zan wrote:One tiny, little, peculiar detail I just learned:
Batton Bones are prominent throughout "Challenger from the Future." These X-series mechaniloids completely replaced the Batton (Bubble Bat). Only a rare 30-year old Batton can be found in X1, Armored Armadillo's stage. This obscure Bandai-made game implies a time of co-existance for the two, right in the middle of the series interim.

Btw, I may write up an elaborate section on the Sigma Virus some time later.

Capcom's only real mandate so far is "No Challenger from the Future" which could mean its basically non-canon
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Zan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 am

Capcom's only real mandate so far is "No Challenger from the Future" which could mean its basically non-canon

That's the comic, we're talking games here. Of those, the ZX-series was particularly fond of referencing Challenger from the Future. Either way, it's just fun trivia with relevance to the series interim.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Zan wrote:

That's the comic, we're talking games here. Of those, the ZX-series was particularly fond of referencing Challenger from the Future. Either way, it's just fun trivia with relevance to the series interim.

yes that's interesting... someone should get into that...
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 am

Zan wrote:

Was it? I don't even remember, but then I'm less familiar with Challenger than I am most of the franchise.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am

IIRC, there's one tidbit that can be interpreted as either a Sword Man or a Compass Man reference.

The most prominent Challenger From The Future cameo is a comic belonging to Ray (Image). This comic tells "the tale of an unlikely hero, a walking stove". The images depict Konro Man doing battle with Mega Man. One of these two is Ray's favorite super hero.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Zan wrote:IIRC, there's one tidbit that can be interpreted as either a Sword Man or a Compass Man reference.

The most prominent Challenger From The Future cameo is a comic belonging to Ray (Image). This comic tells "the tale of an unlikely hero, a walking stove". The images depict Konro Man doing battle with Mega Man. One of these two is Ray's favorite super hero.

Ah, okay. I vaguely remember that part... man, feels like it's been so long.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!