Bridging the gap. The Classic to X interim. What do we know?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Bridging the gap. The Classic to X interim. What do we k

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:05 pm

sounds good to me.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Zan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

The thing is, the fact that Shadow arrived could also be what causes Mega Man to forgo his powers and eventually revert to Rock...which then allows him to be captured and converted to Quint. It really does look like a predestination paradox, but it is conveniently fixed by the fact that the future knowledge of becoming Quint is overshadowed by Rock's wish to not become too powerful.

I can see it going both ways. If one seeks closure, go with predestination. If not, change the future.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 am

It would make got great plot and development, after all. Especially in a time travel plot it's essentially the basis of all plots.

But the future refused to change!
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 am

Maybe something comical happened to Mega Man.

Spoiler: show
Like, he got hit by a tree branch and gained amnesia, wondered to the Arctic, fell in a lake, and got frozen in a glacier or something.

And some Diggers tried to break the glacier thousands of years later. Or something.
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:14 am

Galva Man?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Galva Man?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Spoiler: show
You're either talking about philosophical issues, cities in Illinois, Iowa, or Kansas, or an association for Vaishnavist homosexual people. What do you mean?
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby El Veinte » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 pm

From Transformers, Galvatron was frozen in a glacier in the arctic and got thawed out years later. Megatron did a similar thing in the first Bayformers movie.

When it comes to time-travel and Mega Man games, I think the biggest challenge to the timeline following a self-consistency principle comes from Wily's interest in using it to alter time to his advantage. He wants to change the past or redirect the future and he doesn't seem concerned with paradoxes that would stem from it. He's not worried that any of his plans are destined to end in failure or that he has to become the older version of himself he had met. If he's right then self-consistency won't apply and causality doesn't need to be preserved. In that case he probably succeeded in changing fate as soon as he traveled back from the future with Quint and future knowledge in tow. A multiverse approach to time travel preserves Quint's future, Shadow's future, X's future and all the others down the line each in their own dimensional space.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 am

El Veinte wrote:From Transformers, Galvatron was frozen in a glacier in the arctic and got thawed out years later. Megatron did a similar thing in the first Bayformers movie.

Thank you for that! You get a cookie*!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

* Cookie may not be real.
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 pm

So, has anyone seen this yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c274VOirffQ It's kind of along the lines of what we've been discussing here.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Zan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:40 am

It's kind of along the lines of what we've been discussing here.

That video makes a few factual errors and omissions along the way.

-Zero's "psychopathic" personality is (for the most part) an undesired effect of Zero's advanced programming. The Virus instead serves to regain control over an Irregular Zero, not turn him evil. Initial infection turned him into Irregular Hunter Zero and subsequent infection awakens his true self. Notice Awakened Zero is a much more composed individual than Irregular Zero.

-The Z-saber is not a part of Wily's original design (The Power Fighters). It's an addition by Serges. That said, it feels odd to address Serges being Wily, but omit Isoc who qualifies for much the same reasons.

-The "Maverick Virus" has no name until it's dubbed "Sigma Virus" by Dr. Doppler. "Zero Virus" is an X5-exclusive term used to refer to the combination of the Sigma Virus and the Colony Virus, that appeared on Earth after the destruction of Eurasia.

-Wily came into contact with another alien energy (of Duo's kind) six months after R8. This alien energy has equal potential to become Justice Energy or Evil Energy, depending on its nurture. Because of its allegiance altering attributes, this alien energy may be more pivotal to the development of the virus than the related Evil Energy.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Acrosurge » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:21 am

Zan wrote:This alien energy has equal potential to become Justice Energy or Evil Energy, depending on its nurture. Because of its allegiance altering attributes, this alien energy may be more pivotal to the development of the virus than the related Evil Energy.
Fascinating. This bit fits into Zero's history much better than the Evil Energy hypothesis. Do we have a hard source for this alien energy's potential to become either Justice or Evil Energy? I recall the alien energy that Light wound up with in Power Fighters, but I don't remember anything about its potential to alter.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Acrosurge » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Brilliant! My thanks to you, sir. The Reploid Research Lavatory is full of such interesting tidbits.

I have to say, again, I like the idea that Zero's energy might be based on this alien energy with such massive potential power for good or evil based on the heart that uses it. The question is, did Wily obtain this energy for himself, or did he replicate it himself? The latter seems more likely, given the project he alludes to in Bass's Power Fighters ending.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:14 pm

I just watched the video, and with the number of hits it's getting, I'm torn on whether or not I should try to post something about it on TMMN with the debunking elements above.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 pm

The question is, did Wily obtain this energy for himself, or did he replicate it himself?

Wily obtained it in The Power Fighters, but then Duo reclaimed it. So it kind of suffers the same fate as the Evil Energy. What ever the "Evil Energy>Sigma Virus" theory says would also apply to the "Alien Energy> Sigma Virus" theory.

I just watched the video, and with the number of hits it's getting, I'm torn on whether or not I should try to post something about it on TMMN with the debunking elements above.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

In an amusing coincidence, I've also had to address the topic here:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man/go ... n-theories
Zan
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!