Mega Man #34 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #34 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 am

I almost want to say maybe Blade Man was the "face" of MM10, but that's probably because I too, can barely remember any of them on the top of my head right now except for Strike Man or Commando Man.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am

For Ariga, Star Man was the face of Mega Man 5's bots (although they were almost always a group), Shade Man was absolutely 7's star, and Tengu Man was 8's big guy. Burner Man, Splash Woman and Blade Man are probably the most standout from their respective games, and would represent them over the others.

But even with favorites, putting it into a system like that's rough. Robot Masters don't all work the same!
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

The face of MM10 was clearly Sheep Man. No, seriously.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 am

SHEEP MAN FOR PRESIDENT!

Nah but it was Ariga's thing to make leaders and second in commands for every 'generation.'
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 am

I totally forgot about Sheep Man, but yes if it's anybody, it's him.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 am

I agree about Blade Man being probably the most likely from 10, but even then, none of them have a lot of plot or a great design to make them stand out. Sheep Man is probably the most iconic of the MM10 Robot Masters, but I think he'll end up comic relief for that game.

Star Man is definitely another candidate for Mega Man 5 just for design, but he doesn't necessarily have a backstory that's really interesting to build from. Stone Man isn't necessarily great with regards to backstory either, but his relationship with Guts Man at some point, it at least has potential for either foreshadowing or a story between them after the events of MM5.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 am

You don't need a lot of backstory to be a fan-favorite. After all, Quick Man's entire backstory was "is a Robot Master" and Pharaoh Man's is "is a Cossack Robot Master."
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 am

Like I said before, for a Robot Master to become a fan-favorite, it usually comes down to having:

A. A neat design.
B. A memorable stage.
C. Having a fun or decently challenging boss fight.
D. The weapon being good/usable.
E. Sometimes all of the above.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Penguin God wrote:You don't need a lot of backstory to be a fan-favorite. After all, Quick Man's entire backstory was "is a Robot Master" and Pharaoh Man's is "is a Cossack Robot Master."

Yeah, I'm talking less about fan-favorite vs. who will become the face of that group for the comic. I'm looking at it from the perspective of how you can integrate them in a manner that extends beyond the game arc itself. Something to make them more interesting and possibly lasting.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Really, why can't we incorporate storylines for all the Robot Masters? Like Magnet Man or Star Man having a crush on Roll, and of course there's the issue with the Cossack Bots and the Gen 6 group.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:47 pm

There's over 80 of them and honestly, not every Robot Master has star potential. There's nothing saying that more than one Robot Master from each game is going to stand out, of course, but in general some are going to get more attention and focus and that's alright. The idea of "one face per game" is just from Ariga's tradition and the fact that several games have one Robot Master who's clearly supposed to stand above the rest.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:SHEEP MAN FOR PRESIDENT!

Nah but it was Ariga's thing to make leaders and second in commands for every 'generation.'

Sort of; Quick Man was designed to be a powerful rival for Mega Man in MM2, which is why his portrait gets special treatment.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Sonicpolo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:32 am

After reading this issue, I find the Shadow Man Ra Moon relationship to be very vague. If Ra Moon is supposed to be his creator, why didn't he recognize him when he was rebuilt in issue 15. Quick Man believe that he was Loyal to Ra Moon in the Blackout arc. I could understand that he calls Ra Moon his master because of how it rebuilt him and all that jazz. But for him to be his actual creator? I find it hard to believe.

PS: I think it's just me but I find the lesser know Robot Masters to be more memorable than the poster boy Robot Masters in the games.Spring Man Crash Man anyone?
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby El Veinte » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 am

Tornado Man from 9 and Nitro Man from 10 feel like the rival type characters to me. Tornado Man was paired with Mega Man in the end credits, and and the two seem a bit more equal in size and strength than any of the other bosses. Nitro Man has a similar build, and he's also got that extra speed and skill (although I think Blade Man and Solar Man would also be pretty strong rival characters and foils in their own way). Plus both Tornado and Nitro's stage theme songs were used in their respective games' trailers, which sort of cemented them as significant in my mind before I even met them.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Given the fact that Mega Man 10 is basically a rage virus scenerio, I don't see any of the robots being leaders.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!