IGN teases Mega Man X

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:As long as it isn't a time travel plot, I will be fine with it. Hopefully it will be multiple storylines across different eras, and while not explicitly meeting, they affect one another. Very much like the final arc of Bob and George, or the ending of Star Trek Next Generation.

This. That's what I'm hoping for.
User avatar
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:As far as I can remember, Dr. Light doesn't even introduce himself in the original continuity. He's like "There you are X, I placed these capsules for you."

and of course in MHX, X and Dr. Light knew each other pre-sealing but that's when Capcom retconned the reason for sealing him


Yeah, that was the weird thing I mentioned on MHX: X seems to clearly remember Dr. Light during his flashback in "Day of Sigma", but when he finds the first capsule, he acts unfamiliar and says "I think I know this guy..." or something to that effect. Of course, X's eyes did some weird things during those flashbacks, so whether he got to actually "see" Light much at all could be up for debate.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:As far as I can remember, Dr. Light doesn't even introduce himself in the original continuity. He's like "There you are X, I placed these capsules for you."

and of course in MHX, X and Dr. Light knew each other pre-sealing but that's when Capcom retconned the reason for sealing him


Yeah, that was the weird thing I mentioned on MHX: X seems to clearly remember Dr. Light during his flashback in "Day of Sigma", but when he finds the first capsule, he acts unfamiliar and says "I think I know this guy..." or something to that effect. Of course, X's eyes did some weird things during those flashbacks, so whether he got to actually "see" Light much at all could be up for debate.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Maybe it's like the memories of your very early life, where they did happen, but you don't remember it clearly. Or maybe in the end that movie, X forgot that flashback after being defeated by Sigma.
User avatar
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:42 am

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 pm

It's official. It's a real crossover between Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X.

http://www.destructoid.com/archie-offic ... 9841.phtml

May's gonna be a good month. :)
User avatar
RadRed89
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm not the most keen on seeing it this early, but at the same time, they could give us a surprisingly good story here.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby akessel92 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Uh wow two crossovers within an entire year! I am one lucky son of a gun.
akessel92
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am
Location: in my home made of trash gets drafty in the winter

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby The Bored » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:41 pm

RadRed89 wrote:It's official. It's a real crossover between Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X.

http://www.destructoid.com/archie-offic ... 9841.phtml

May's gonna be a good month. :)

EDIT: actually, this doesn't deserve this image. Why have the original Mega Man meet X? What can Rock do that X can't do better? X is so much more powerfull than Rock that he wouldn't need any help from Rock. It would be like Superman asking Aquaman for help with catching Captain Boomerang.
User avatar
The Bored
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 2482
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: Your nightmares

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm

the fans were very positive, but their first question was: “When will you do Mega Man X?”

Back when things were simpler and I was a starry-eyed youth. Really takes me back.

Edit: Excited for this, because it's going to be cool. But I still wish these events were their own thing instead of making us wait for Mega Man 3 again.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Sockie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 pm

RadRed89 wrote:It's official. It's a real crossover between Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X.

http://www.destructoid.com/archie-offic ... 9841.phtml

May's gonna be a good month. :)


I have my reservations, but we'll see. Would really like to know when exactly this takes place in the X timeline.
Sockie
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby RadRed89 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Well, I'd say maybe we could gleam some information from the two covers we've seen for Mega Man #37, but since they're both pretty different, there's no way to really know yet. I mean, one of the covers has Sigma standing alongside X and Dr. Cain, while the other one shows Sigma in a villainous position paralleling Dr. Wily's position on the cover. So it could be anywhere.

Also, I like how it's been stated that Archie has been getting constant requests for X, and now that we're finally getting X, some people are turning their noses up at it, just because we had Mega Man crossover with Sonic not long ago. What's wrong with telling a big story to get us started after the X back-ups? Sure X can stand on his own, there's no debating that, but when presented with the opportunity to tell a story like this, why turn it down? That's part of the reason to even have a Mega Man comic in the first place, to tell stories that we probably wouldn't see in the games for one reason or another.

I'm sure the Mega Man 3 story, when it arrives, will be fun. But it's a story we already know, even if Ian throws a cool twist into it like he did with the virus in Mega Man 2, we're still getting a story a lot of us have already experienced by playing the game it's going to be based on. So why rush? If Capcom is willing to let Archie go outside the box for stories we haven't seen before, why complain? We'll get there sooner or later. So just enjoy the ride, and look at all the cool places we might see on the way. 8)
Last edited by RadRed89 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RadRed89
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Tcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:24 pm

RadRed89 wrote:What's wrong with telling a big story to get us started after the X back-ups?

Because FANS.
And quite frankly the more I hear from the fans about their fanbase (this goes for Sonic too) the less I want to be a part of the collective and just go off alone and enjoy my fandom. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "____ isn't being done right and things aren't happening fast enough!" -_- I've waited three years for the X series to come about, the rest of the fanbase can sit there patiently or go play the games they want retold. Anything done in the X4 time period is still YEARS off, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. In the meantime I'm more excited to see some new content with my favourite characters.

And drawn by Spaz. *fangirl moment* Fwee!
User avatar
Tcat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 am
Location: East Tenuhsea

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Plus, once again, I'm sure we'll be on the MM3 arc before the end of the year.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby The Bored » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm as happy as can be to see a Mega Man X story. I just don't understand why it's a crossover, but I'll see how it plays out.
User avatar
The Bored
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 2482
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: Your nightmares

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby The KKM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 am

Tcat wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:What's wrong with telling a big story to get us started after the X back-ups?

Because FANS.
And quite frankly the more I hear from the fans about their fanbase (this goes for Sonic too) the less I want to be a part of the collective and just go off alone and enjoy my fandom. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "____ isn't being done right and things aren't happening fast enough!" -_- I've waited three years for the X series to come about, the rest of the fanbase can sit there patiently or go play the games they want retold. Anything done in the X4 time period is still YEARS off, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. In the meantime I'm more excited to see some new content with my favourite characters.

And drawn by Spaz. *fangirl moment* Fwee!


You know, I don't think anyone is saying "bug off X" (well I am since I'm feeling quite peeved that apparently no-one paid attention to the comic until the magical precious X appeared), most are complaining "what, ANOTHER event? And a crossover between X and Mega Man to boot? Couldn't we just have an X comic?"
User avatar
The KKM
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Portugal

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:26 am

It's quite obvious that fans have been asking for an X COMIC since day one, not to have X hijack the classic series comic.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron