IGN teases Mega Man X

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Not sure if it's part of the backup or not, but I'll post it anyways

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/mega-man-x-teaser
User avatar
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Zulon Eredas wrote:Not sure if it's part of the backup or not, but I'll post it anyways

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/mega-man-x-teaser

Well if Archie thinks that February and March is "Spring" then yes

But I have confidence that they understand that February and March is still Winter.

So I'm intrigued. Ian said he wasn't interested in filling in the blanks of the two eras, but this teaser seems to indicate that.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Ooga_Hooga » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 pm

march can be considered spring because half the month is spring but february is winter.
User avatar
Ooga_Hooga
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Canada

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 pm

I think that this is the crossover that the backups' solicits teased about:

(image spoilered for size)
Spoiler: show
Image

You can see Sigma and Dr. Cain in the image, so I assume that the either story happens before the Day of Sigma or it is some sort of alternate future. Plus I am very interested in seeing some of the events of Classic and X covered somewhere, even though it most likely is not canon to the games.

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Zulon Eredas wrote:Not sure if it's part of the backup or not, but I'll post it anyways

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/mega-man-x-teaser

Well if Archie thinks that February and March is "Spring" then yes

February and March are when the issues with the X's backups are going to be released. But it is possible that this story is going to be released after these backups.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:11 pm

That picture makes me so excited. So excited I can only think of one thing to do.

Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
RadRed89
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Our princess is in another castle!

No, I'm not crazy. The page is down and that's their error message. I'm not some rambling lunatic who spouts off whatever comes to minPICKLES!...mind...
User avatar
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Hidden Palace

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Considering #36's solicit states that it is the "eve" of the "crossover event" and the FCBD (May) special is serving as a "primer" for the "crossover event," I think it's safe to assume that this is happening in #37 (May's issue) and beyond. #37 would be the first issue of a new TPB, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this will be a four-issue arc.

All speculation, of course... but I think it's pretty sound.
User avatar
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:Our princess is in another castle!

No, I'm not crazy. The page is down and that's their error message. I'm not some rambling lunatic who spouts off whatever comes to minPICKLES!...mind...

The teaser was the image that I posted on my previous post. The image is working fine, even though IGN is down. But just to be safe, I am uploading it here in case it goes down too:
Megaman-X-Promo-Image-Final-Art-blank-version-2.jpg
(click for bigger size)
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Another crossover event huh?

Let me upload this picture of fans waiting for the Mega Man 3 arc

Image
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:15 pm

anyone else gettin' a dreamwave vibe?
User avatar
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Tcat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Sigma: *spooky finger wiggle* "I AM GOING TO STAND HERE BEING OMINOUS AND TOTALLY NOT A BOSS :| "

Zulon Eredas wrote:anyone else gettin' a dreamwave vibe?

No?

To elaborate:
A. I seriously doubt Ian is that cliche'd (please PLEASE don't do the time travel plot ;-; ).
B. "Two Eras" means two different time periods. Likely whatever happens in present day in the Classic comic will have direct results in the future. (Light stands in his lab talking about how he wishes he could be around to talk to X when he wakes up - cut 100 years later of X standing there talking to Light's A.I. capsule).
C. Rock's helmet is clearly ancient and old.
D. I'm more or less getting a reverse feeling of MxYL. ....Megaman 100 Years Before? (hearty laughter)
User avatar
Tcat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 am
Location: East Tenuhsea

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby SurrealBrain » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Another crossover event huh?

Let me upload this picture of fans waiting for the Mega Man 3 arc

Image

I'm sure we'll get it before the end of the year. Man, the stress has really gotten to you, hasn't it? I swear you're just looking for an excuse to be cynical.

Anyway, I'd like to see how this turns out.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Another crossover event huh?

Let me upload this picture of fans waiting for the Mega Man 3 arc

Image

I'm sure we'll get it before the end of the year. Man, the stress has really gotten to you, hasn't it? I swear you're just looking for an excuse to be cynical.

Anyway, I'd like to see how this turns out.

I was joking. :(
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby SurrealBrain » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Sorry for not getting the joke.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: IGN teases Mega Man X

Postby Dejimon11 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Another crossover event huh?

Let me upload this picture of fans waiting for the Mega Man 3 arc

Image

I'm sure we'll get it before the end of the year. Man, the stress has really gotten to you, hasn't it? I swear you're just looking for an excuse to be cynical.

Anyway, I'd like to see how this turns out.

I was joking. :(



Even if you were joking it is true
User avatar
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: USA

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron