Mega Man Vol. 8: Redemption

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man Vol. 8: Redemption

Postby SonicSoul » Sun May 11, 2014 3:05 pm

I don't think variant covers have been or ever will be used for graphic novels as covers. It's also not like the cover has to convey what the actual content is.

Plus, the variant's not that great, but that's just me.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 pm

While I admit that it isn't the best drawn of the covers, It still seems to be the one that overall fits the best with the tone and title of the issues which is Wily being redeemed for his actions, Mega Man feeling he must redeem himself for his fear of Ra Moon, Blues questing Tempo on why she forgave her maker for reprogramming her personality and if Blues feels if he can ever redeem and face Roll and the others again. I feel the best three options would have been issue 36's variant, issue 34 which is the one being used or Issue 35 which shows Rock making a final destructive punch against Ra Moon, showing Rock overcoming his fear of Ra Moon once and for all.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

#35 admittedly would've been a better pick, but I think #34 was a good choice since the bold determined look on Mega Man's face embodies to not only prove Wily's innocence/willingness to forgive but to also overcome his fear and acceptance of his near-death experience.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sun May 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, Issue 34 is a good pick as well But the main problem is that unless you didn't read the Ra Moon saga you likely won't have a clue that Ra Moon is dead. Unless this includes Unplugged which includes a few pictures of Ra Moon's defeat but some people may feel disappointed that the big main bad of the entire saga is already destroyed when 34 and 35's covers make it look like Rock's going for round 2. With Issue 36's variant or even Issue 33's, it has a bit of suspense. With 33, people will wonder, what happened to Mega Man? He looks like he's near destroyed while Issue 36's says ''What is going to happen with Wily? Will he finally be put away or be given freedom?'' Issue 34 and 35's can also work well because for 34 you wonder ''Why is Mega Man so determined about?'' while with 35, The cover would look really cool with the black at the top and bottom with Mega Man and Redemption because in the middle would be Mega Man smashing Ra Moon once and for all while there is a blue and white background behind them.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu May 15, 2014 11:00 am

Pharoah Man's on the cover so I'm totally cool with that, hehe
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Sat May 17, 2014 11:57 am

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Pharoah Man's on the cover so I'm totally cool with that, hehe

Nuff said right there.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!