CBR has new images and details about #34.

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

CBR has new images and details about #34.

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 pm

I don't have time to get a proper update on the site, so I'm sharing it with all y'all Bumblers here.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=50499
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Re: CBR has new images and details about #34.

Postby Tylinos » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:31 pm

And kind of related, Paul Kaminski put up some of the art from #34 on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Paul_Kaminski/statu ... 01/photo/1

Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 pm

So...hyped...right...now...
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Tcat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:59 pm

I can't find a fitting image for my reaction, so here's the closest thing I could find:

Aside from that I got nothing. I can't wait for this. X3 I'm more excited for this than I ever have been for the regular series. I just hope it becomes a monthly thing.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:22 pm

It's so weird to see Dr. Cain drawn realistically.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 am

I always thought Dr. Cain would have been younger when he discovered X.

Are we going for the "life support" version of Dr. Cain from Day of Σ? That version is silly, so I hope he won't be like that, unless they could find a way to make it better. Totally hyped, though.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 am

Anyone think the Reploid X and Cain are working on in that one panel could be Vile?
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:I always thought Dr. Cain would have been younger when he discovered X.

Are we going for the "life support" version of Dr. Cain from Day of Σ? That version is silly, so I hope he won't be like that, unless they could find a way to make it better. Totally hyped, though.

Dr. Cain stopped being important to the series very quickly. I always enjoyed the fact that Day of Σ killed him off, honestly... Just because it gave closure to the character. Plus, I see a lot of potential in the comic for Dr. Cain's death (who essentially serves as X's adoptive father) strengthening X and his desire to fight.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Mega Man Monthly wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:I always thought Dr. Cain would have been younger when he discovered X.

Dr. Cain stopped being important to the series very quickly. I always enjoyed the fact that Day of Σ killed him off, honestly... Just because it gave closure to the character. Plus, I see a lot of potential in the comic for Dr. Cain's death (who essentially serves as X's adoptive father) strengthening X and his desire to fight.

But he doesn't really NEED that.

The fact that his existence created a world where his friends turned against each other and started a war and he's the only one left who can stop them should be motivation enough.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Dr. Cain did fix Zero in X2, so there's that.

I liked him because he was the only living human we ever saw in the X series.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping Ian does more with Dr. Cain then the games did. He's mentioned in the backstory for the first game, appears in the Lab scenes in X2 (right? It's been awhile), and I'm pretty sure he appears in X3 if you lose a life as Zero when you try to play as him, then he disappears with no real explanation. Although I think I remember hearing once that X4 takes place decades after X3, so I guess that would explain where he went.

Considering he's basically the guy who created Reploids in the first place, you would think he'd have been more important than he was in the overall X series. So I'm hoping he's around a lot if X gets his own regular series, at least up to X3, where he can be written out if he has to be.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 pm

How much to passes between X1 and X8? Because I'n sure Enought time passes that Cain would have been long dead my X8.

I'd rather see Dr. Cain die from old age then killed in a repliod attack. From what I understand reploids and humans can both be murdered. But only humans to die of old age. Something deep could be taken from that by a reploid like X.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:04 pm

If they can't pick one, they could try and figure out a way to split the difference.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:07 pm

ReifuTD wrote:How much to passes between X1 and X8? Because I'n sure Enought time passes that Cain would have been long dead my X8.

I'd rather see Dr. Cain die from old age then killed in a repliod attack. From what I understand reploids and humans can both be murdered. But only humans to die of old age. Something deep could be taken from that by a reploid like X.

I'm not sure if a firm timeline for the X series was ever made. But expanding on what I said in my last post, I think I remember it being said that X1-X3 all take place within a relatively short time from each other, with the exact time between X1 and X2 stated at the beginning of X2, then from X4-X8 the time is never really given, but I'm almost positive I heard X4 and onwards is decades after the first three X games. But that could just be hearsay.

Mega Man X: Command Mission is a century removed from the rest of the X games though, taking place in the year 22XX while every other X game happens in the year 21XX.

So yeah, odds are somewhere in all that time, Dr. Cain passes away from old age unless he died in some other fashion. But like a lot of other stuff, it's a detail Capcom never really filled in on, unless you count Maverick Hunter, which isn't canon I guess.[quote="ReifuTD"]How much to passes between X1 and X8? Because I'n sure Enought time passes that Cain would have been long dead my X8.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian PK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Tcat wrote:I can't wait for this. X3

No, X1's first. :wink:

And this looks sooo good...
I wonder how long "The X Factor" will be, though. Standard 10 pages, or longer?
I'd hope for 24 pages of "Shadow of the Moon", and 16 of "The X Factor", but that's probably not happening.
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!