CBR has new images and details about #34.

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: CBR has new images and details about #34.

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:50 am

Derailing the subject, Snake Man looks absolutely amazing drawn like that. And nice to see Dr. Astil and Dr. Cossack are back in the limelight. c:>
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm

El Veinte wrote:Even when it's generalized about how many maverick incidents are the virus' fault, we know from the character bios and such that a lot of the bosses had their own reasons for participating. The virus doesn't seem to be fully weaponized until X2, so most of those first two rebellion members took part as result of their own choices and circumstances. Then X4, X8 and Command Mission were all pretty virus-free plots. So it's roughly equal parts. Granted, the world may never have gotten so bad if the virus wasn't around, and perhaps truly massive rebellions would require some large catalyst like the virus for them to take place at all, since the vast majority of reploids like the majority of human beings probably seek to be law abiding and decent within the confines of society and general morality. Still, it isn't as though the virus was the cause of all wrongdoing. I wouldn't mind seeing some side stories about everyday reploids stuck in hard moral situations, making bad choices for selfish or emotional reasons, or even something like a reploid black market. Reploid criminal organizations with characters like Cedar and Aluce who perhaps don't care about issues of human subservience vs reploid superiority or overturning society, they just want to be rich and powerful and don't care about dodging the law to do it.

Speaking of X-Men, that universe isn't without its own mind control incidents and body-altering viruses. There's room for both kinds of stories I think.

True, all true. I guess the root of the issue is that Capcom's method of telling the story feels very... confused and improvised, whether it actually is or not. Hopefully Ian will make it feel less so.

Of course, being able to start at the beginning with over 12 games' worth of foresight will probably help...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Cookie
BumbleNewbie

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Tahtorak will be thrilled, I'm sure.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tahtorak » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

Tahtorak will be thrilled, I'm sure.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby Zan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:16 pm

By the sound of things, he needn't be concerned; it sounds like X2 Zero is just there for the covers because people think he looks purtier/is more recognizable/better meshes with all his details 'n stuff.

Having read issue 34, I was very glad to see X1 Zero in the Short Circuits. That said, I'm looking forward to X's inauguration in the Maverick Hunters for some nice moments between him and the senior Hunters. I just wonder now if the artists will stick to X1 or MHX designs, and if Ian Flynn was aware of the regional differences in Cain's Journal (2 months > 2 years, June > July, Zero).

Next issue should make for a good read.

Then X4, X8 and Command Mission were all pretty virus-free plots.

While X4 does not acknowledge any Sigma Virus presence, it is chock-full of Sigma's machinations.

General states that Sigma blinded him to the truth. It may not be proof positive of Sigma Virus use, but to me this speaks volumes. The stranglehold Sigma put on General meant (at the very least) that if General deviated from the script, Sigma will correct his actions. No matter what free will (and pride) Repliforce thought they had, they were thoroughly manipulated by the Maverick leader.
Last edited by Zan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Welcome to BumbleKing Forums, Zan! :D
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Indeed, welcome! It's been a while!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Zan wrote:I just wonder now if the artists will stick to X1 or MHX designs, and if Ian Flynn was aware of the regional differences in Cain's Journal (2 months > 2 years, June > July, Zero).

Just because one of the lead writers who worked on Sonic's book for over a decade never touched the video game series, it doesn't mean the same holds true for MMX.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:16 pm

So, how many hours did you force Ian to sit down and play through the series? :P
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Zan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:30 am

Welcome to BumbleKing Forums, Zan! :D

Indeed, welcome! It's been a while!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Just because one of the lead writers who worked on Sonic's book for over a decade never touched the video game series, it doesn't mean the same holds true for MMX.

Oh, I don't doubt it. Ian Flynn has done a tremendous job with Classic thus far. It's just that the X-series is a very different beast of regional differences, obscure details and parallel timelines, all of which not part of the games themselves.
Zan
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!