What if Mega Man characters were real?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: What if Mega Man characters were real?

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Growing up with Mega Man has made the entire concept kind of surreal.

Back when the series began, it was in the far-flung year of 200X-- anything was possible! Maybe this could indeed be our future?

Then came the point as we went through the actual aughts, and... well, it generally didn't match up very much.

Now that it's 2014, the dawn of Mega Man is now basically a thing of the past in every way but someone actually making it happen at some future date. It's... kind of sad, almost sobering in a way, to go from a world that represented a future of limitless possibilities to it now definitely being an alternate world of years past.

Granted, there's still Mega Man X in 21XX, and none of us are likely to see that day, but it being built upon everything from a time that's passed... it kind of changes things.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I hear you; a lot of series seem to be turning out that way.

Still, I can't say I'm too unhappy to not have gone through a major war between two factions of giant transforming robots and an attack by a planet-devouring version of said robots about 9 years ago.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Growing up with Mega Man has made the entire concept kind of surreal.

Back when the series began, it was in the far-flung year of 200X-- anything was possible! Maybe this could indeed be our future?

Then came the point as we went through the actual aughts, and... well, it generally didn't match up very much.

Now that it's 2014, the dawn of Mega Man is now basically a thing of the past in every way but someone actually making it happen at some future date. It's... kind of sad, almost sobering in a way, to go from a world that represented a future of limitless possibilities to it now definitely being an alternate world of years past.

Granted, there's still Mega Man X in 21XX, and none of us are likely to see that day, but it being built upon everything from a time that's passed... it kind of changes things.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I hear you; a lot of series seem to be turning out that way.

Still, I can't say I'm too unhappy to not have gone through a major war between two factions of giant transforming robots and an attack by a planet-devouring version of said robots about 9 years ago.

Come now, don't be ridiculous.

Unicron never came anywhere near Earth. ;P

Besides, now we're going through a major war between two factions of giant transforming robots and Michael Bay today.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Kellox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:13 am

and that is why you should never use a specific implied date on your comic or game.
Just do Year XXXX and you be safe.

If Mega Man characters were real we would have major problems with human rights organisations trying to find a middle ground if robots are actual alive with plenty of anti-robots organisations trying to ban Mega Man and the sort from using their powers and denying them various rights. Then there is the military who might want to use the robot for their advantage.

You know, just read Astroboy it kinda shows what would happen.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby SurrealBrain » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

I would have made it the year 3000, or even 2500. We'll all be dead by then anyways, better for it to be a mystery than to be wrong.

Yes I paraphrased it. Yes, I believe he had a good point.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!