Texas: The home of Mega Man?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Texas: The home of Mega Man?

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:40 am

El Veinte wrote:
Mega Man Monthly wrote:Titanium Park and City Square indeed resemble Central Park and Times Square. But, we also have to keep in mind that there's a beach very close to Mega City (#19), something that would put a kink in the "New York" theory.

Not sure I follow. Long Beach? Bay Area? Coney Island is less than half an hour from NYC. New York has plenty of beaches.

Not gonna lie. I just learned something today. Carry on.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian PK » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:53 pm

...I just looked up Nova Aventuras de Megaman... :shock: :shock:

Why is Roll naked?
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tsurugi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Aside from the writers of that comic, nobody knows...
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:12 pm

I don't know what was going through the team's head during the making of that...thing, but the end results don't even resemble what I'd call good storytelling.

Back on topic, I think they live in Texas, if only because of Mega Man 8's map and all. Of course, the developers could have chosen not to pay attention to where they were putting that spot, so maybe they just wanted it out of the way to make the actual levels?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:00 pm

As resident native Texan here I can confirm you can enjoy a trip at the beach in November and there'd still be sudden storms, but the waters in upper Texas gulf are NOT as blue as they look in the comics and seems like the best place for Splash Woman and Oil Man to keep their work area especially with the oil rigs around the Matagorda Bay or the Houston ship channel. It seems more likely for sudden storms liek the one in #19 to be more like nor'easters though, but weather aside...

Tokio, Texas is a very small town and it seems odd for Dr. Light to live so far from the coast. If any place I would pin Archie in regards to the closest thing to game canon there is it would be something like some place an hour away from San Antonio or Houston (Seriously one hour drives in Texas is nothing), though considering this is an Alternate!Texas we don't have to worry too much about it looking oddly like New York City.

My guess would be in this Alt!Texas Bexar or Harris County were expanded into a huge metropolis, which in the next 20 years considering the stage at which those cities are being expanded I would NOT be surprised. Noting the niceness of how it is drawn it seems designed more like Dallas though...

EDITS: I'd also like to point out that in Dallas there IS snow and ice compared to further down south. Not ALL of Texas snow doesn't stick, just up in the panhandle where there is a greater risk of snow and ice in the winter. That's why I pulled out Dallas in the city list.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby sonicray » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

I thought since Mega Man was created in the land of the rising sun, it would make more sense it's in Japan, and it is a very technology like culture.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby Striker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:As resident native Texan here I can confirm you can enjoy a trip at the beach in November and there'd still be sudden storms, but the waters in upper Texas gulf are NOT as blue as they look in the comics and seems like the best place for Splash Woman and Oil Man to keep their work area especially with the oil rigs around the Matagorda Bay or the Houston ship channel. It seems more likely for sudden storms liek the one in #19 to be more like nor'easters though, but weather aside...

Tokio, Texas is a very small town and it seems odd for Dr. Light to live so far from the coast. If any place I would pin Archie in regards to the closest thing to game canon there is it would be something like some place an hour away from San Antonio or Houston (Seriously one hour drives in Texas is nothing), though considering this is an Alternate!Texas we don't have to worry too much about it looking oddly like New York City.

My guess would be in this Alt!Texas Bexar or Harris County were expanded into a huge metropolis, which in the next 20 years considering the stage at which those cities are being expanded I would NOT be surprised. Noting the niceness of how it is drawn it seems designed more like Dallas though...

EDITS: I'd also like to point out that in Dallas there IS snow and ice compared to further down south. Not ALL of Texas snow doesn't stick, just up in the panhandle where there is a greater risk of snow and ice in the winter. That's why I pulled out Dallas in the city list.

As the other native Texan I can agree with this 100%.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:59 pm

I really hate that glitch...where is that post...?

Anyway, since I'm posting, I might as well say something about the topic at hand...but what hasn't been said already...?

I'm thinking it takes place in Michigan. There are cities there. Of course, I live there, so...of course, I haven't been to all parts of the state...

EDIT: Yes, I contradicted an earlier post of mine.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby The Bored » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:21 am

sonicray wrote:I thought since Mega Man was created in the land of the rising sun, it would make more sense it's in Japan, and it is a very technology like culture.

That's where the Megamix manga takes place. It actually makes sense considering how much work with robotics has been done there.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:00 pm

sonicray wrote:I thought since Mega Man was created in the land of the rising sun, it would make more sense it's in Japan, and it is a very technology like culture.

Well the games point Dr. Light's lab as in the middle of the USA, so there's that.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Land of the Rising Sun? Thought that was in New Orleans.

Wait that's a house. Never mind.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Land of the Rising Sun? Thought that was in New Orleans.

Wait that's a house. Never mind.

There's Florida the sunshine state,
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Julayla » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:07 pm

I don't know if Texas is where Megaman's home is located. I always thought it was in an advanced Japan somewhere. Or at least Washington.
Julayla
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!