Can robots even love?! (Mega Man shipping thread)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Can robots even love?! (Mega Man shipping thread)

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Woo hoo shipping! All of my paracanon and headcanon aside regarding if robots can love, anatomy stuff, and elsewise, I'll just list my ships and explain why I like them. I'll also mention if they are from RP's. Also I'll avoid mentioning all the OC/Canons I have, so different continuities will have preferential ships and whatnot which I'll also explain. Also I will just mention more romantic deeper level ships than the ones I would ship more platonically.

Quick Man/Plum - Quick Man had a crush on Plum in the manga, and on top of that they are both speedsters. I find it fitting. =D

Quick Man/Elec Man - I blame one of my good friends on this one. Kind of wish it was in any of the RP's I've been in but Quick Man kept hooking up with Splash Woman.

Tornado Man/Gyro Man - Propellor scums of the air ready to fight against Jupiter! SKREEE!

Gemini Man/Gemini Man - Gemmy loves himself more than anything else in the whole wide world. Doesn't matter WHAT canon, I firmly believe that than the silly weakness pairing everybody puts him in.

Tempo/Blues - Yeah I ship it too. Tempo had her personality altered and Blues has his fear of being reprogrammed and that fault in his system. I could see those two having a heart to heart (er, core to core) and bonding over their issues and helping each other recover from it.

Dr. Light/Dr. LaLinde - I'd always contemplated giving Dr. Light some significant other cause he's alone all the time. Looks like Archie beat me to it so I ship it. |D

Crystal (Woman)/Ring Man - Crys is female in my headcanon and most of my RP's I RP her with. I'm not quite sure how they wound up hooked up, but they hit it off great in the RP's I've been in before our Ring Man sort of lost interest. (RP specific)

Shadow Man/Plum - Way back in the old days they hooked up. That RP is long gone so I can't give any good examples, but they were fairly cute interacting. (RP specific)

Now for Crack Pairings

Dr. Wily has this weird obsession with Guts Man... always using his design...
All Snake Man wants to do is give Toad Man bearhugs and maybe eat him...
CRORQ and Ra Moon
Magnet Man and Compass Man. Or Magnet Man and Roll. Or Magnet Man and Metal Man. Or all three of them. Obviously Metal Man, Roll, and Compass Man DO NOT WANT.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby ShadowBat20 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Hmm, there's not many characters I ship in Mega Man. I like Doctor Light and Lalinde. And I've always kind of liked Blues and Tempo together, even though I honestly can't see Blues being in any kind of relationship. Oh, and I enjoy Ice Man's and Magnet Man's crushes on Roll. That's about it.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Isn't Kalinka suppose to have a crush on Blues? Speaking of I assume that Blue's is suppose to be physically older then Rock? I wonder if he's chiziled?

See for yourself.

Anyway, I'm also a fan of X and Alia, but I don't think Capcom quite sees it that way.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

X x Nana. Cuter than X x Alia in my opinion.

X x Marino. An amusing alternate choice with Marino as the dominant one.

Zero x havingtokillallhisloveinterests. I like my Zero suffering.

Mega Man Volnutt x All the females. That's just how he rolls.

Lan x Iris. After five games of Battle Network, I just got sick of Lan x Mayl.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby The Bored » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Spin wrote:XMega Man Volnutt x All the females. That's just how he rolls.

I don't know if that was intentional, but if so then you are my hero.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:20 am

SurrealBrain wrote:
Tcat wrote:I preferred it the other way around...Forte crushing on Roll, meself. Guess I should have pointed that out before. I see Roll wanting nothing to do with him aside from trying to get him off Wily's team.

That's how I see it too.

I can sort of see it that way. I just never really thought Forte would be the one who'd have a crush on anyone, given his personality.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh yeah, I might as well throw this out here: My sister ships Roll and Kid Icarus' Pit.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I used to imagine Bass and Roll being a possibility, but his personality back then...

These days, if he got with Roll, it strikes me that he'd do so in a way that reminds me of Mike from Shortpacked!/Dumbing of Age.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Sonicpolo23 wrote:Light and Lalinde

Crash Man and Hands:(hearty laughter):

Blues and Tempo

Oil Man and Splash Woman

Roll and Ice Man

.....aaaaaannnnnnnd while we're getting closer to the Mega Man X story

Zero and Iris

X and Alia

Zero and Ciel (Zero series)

Bonus Round: LEGENDS!

Mega Man Volnutt and Roll Caskett

...... I'm done now. *whew!*

While we're talking about Robot Masters longing for something...

Flash Man x Hair! :twisted:

But in all seriousness, I like Blues and Tempo as a couple as well. Sadly, there's a distinct shortage of female Robot Masters for the purpose of a thread like this...
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

So after seeing how Roll grabbed a hold of him out of fright in Mega Man 35 (I think that's the right issue...):

RollxPharaoh Man-I think they could make a cute couple.

Also, a couple that now probably will never be:

Rhythm and Blues.EXE-this one comes from the Mega Man NT Warrior manga. Apparently there were plans to introduce a love interest for NetNavi Proto Man, but they never got around to it.

Well, that's it for now-though I am really starting to wish that more comic exclusive Robot Masters-preferably female-would be introduced so that this sort of discussion could get more interesting.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Ken Bassiroth » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Blues/Tempo-Easily doable from what Lilac mentioned and still possible after that issue he practically admitted the reason he can't forgive Light. "HE REPLACED ME!" (Granted I wouldn't mind seeing her develop a better relationship with Rock or even some minor respect for Bass)
Blues/Kalinka-Technically he is the one who saved her from MM4 while Rock was fighting her dad.
Bass/Roll - because done millions of times before.
Zero/Iris-...Because oh my god they're a great match during the X era. Still don't believe me? Project X Zone gave a great account of just how they'd react if she came back temporarily. And I freaking cried my eyes out.
Zero/Ciel-Because MMZ Series and they were that awesome.
X/Aila-definitely there
Lan/Maylu-Canon and adorableness
Geo/Sonia-Epic
RockmanVolnutt/RollCasket-Cause fun.
And freaking ship every ZX character for lulz
Ken Bassiroth
BumbleNewbie

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:13 am

So I'm curious-I've never played any of the Mega Man X games, so what little I know comes from wikia sources and such. Are X and Alia really portrayed as being romantically interested, or is it essentially a fan pairing?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:47 am

As far as I'm aware, it's just a fan-pairing thing. Though this is coming from someone who hasn't played the games either, but there never seemed to be a time where X found himself crushing over or even showed attraction towards anyone whether they'd be human or Reploid.

Now Zero on the other hand...
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:34 am

It's a fan pairing. There have been some "hints" here and there, but that's just people reading into things as much as anything. Certainly nothing as strong as Iris and Zero.

(I favor the coupling, incidentally.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Nintenfreak » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Oil Man x Roll
Oil Man x Plum
Oil Man x Kalinka
Oil Man x Splash Woman
Oil Man x All the Ladies.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!