Mega Man #33 Discussion/Spoilers

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #33 Discussion/Spoilers

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:41 pm

LiamKawa wrote:
Mega Man Monthly wrote:
LiamKawa wrote:
BillNoSpoilers wrote:Mega Mrs?

When did Roll get married?

The happy union of Roll Light and Ryan Jampole was held at Titanium Park a few weekends ago. It was a really great ceremony. Although I did feel bad for Aero. She really wanted to catch that bouquet, but she just couldn't quite reach it.

Now this is official canon for the first thing that happens in the 100 years between MM10 and MMX. :P
It ends at MM10? What about this I saw on Wikipedia?

To date, the Classic series has not reached a definite conclusion, although later entries in the series have hinted at possible connections to the X series (such as the "Roboenza" of Mega Man 10 possibly being a precursor to the Maverick Virus and Wily's schematic of a robot resembling Zero in the ending of Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters). But due to the Classic series' light-hearted and nostalgic nature, it may never reach a definite conclusion.

So we may never see Rock get infected by the Maverick Virus and turn psyco. Yay!
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 pm

I like how this little story arc is acting as a segue between Ra Moon and (obviously) Mega Man 3.

I'm still growing anxious thinking about how the Mega Man 3 story is going to be handled, but I think the crew has a much better handle on how to tell a game adaptation since "The Return of Dr. Wily". If anything, this buildup is giving me hope.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 am

BillNoSpoilers wrote:
LiamKawa wrote:
Mega Man Monthly wrote:
LiamKawa wrote:
BillNoSpoilers wrote:Mega Mrs?

When did Roll get married?

The happy union of Roll Light and Ryan Jampole was held at Titanium Park a few weekends ago. It was a really great ceremony. Although I did feel bad for Aero. She really wanted to catch that bouquet, but she just couldn't quite reach it.

Now this is official canon for the first thing that happens in the 100 years between MM10 and MMX. :P
It ends at MM10? What about this I saw on Wikipedia?

To date, the Classic series has not reached a definite conclusion, although later entries in the series have hinted at possible connections to the X series (such as the "Roboenza" of Mega Man 10 possibly being a precursor to the Maverick Virus and Wily's schematic of a robot resembling Zero in the ending of Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters). But due to the Classic series' light-hearted and nostalgic nature, it may never reach a definite conclusion.

So we may never see Rock get infected by the Maverick Virus and turn psyco. Yay!

... haha, I wrote that blurb on Wikipedia.

What I think LiamKawa was referring to was the general gap between the Classic and X series. MM10 is usually used to represent the "end" of the Classic series because it's the latest point in the canon that we've reached. (That, and Capcom hasn't continued the story in any way since MM10's release.)

PC the Hedgehog wrote:I like how this little story arc is acting as a segue between Ra Moon and (obviously) Mega Man 3.

I'm still growing anxious thinking about how the Mega Man 3 story is going to be handled, but I think the crew has a much better handle on how to tell a game adaptation since "The Return of Dr. Wily". If anything, this buildup is giving me hope.

I'm hoping Flynn implements the little-known fact that all of MM3's stages take place on different planets. It seems like a neat way to tie into the Stardroids story arc, and it makes sense considering we saw one of them at the end of #32...
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby El Veinte » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:07 am

Because of Captain N I'll always probably like Mega Girl better (is using "Girl" instead of "Woman" considered sexist?). In Japan it's probably more common to say "Gal" than Girl, Mega Gal also has a nice ring to it IMO.

Mega Man Monthly wrote:I'm hoping Flynn implements the little-known fact that all of MM3's stages take place on different planets. It seems like a neat way to tie into the Stardroids story arc, and it makes sense considering we saw one of them at the end of #32...

That would be neat, but (refresh my memory here) didn't issue 20 show Rock already having defeating Gamma but claiming never to have been in space before? Not sure how they're going to handle Gemini Man stage's very alien landscape without the space element, but maybe Rock doesn't consider being beamed directly to an alien planet being in space.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 am

El Veinte wrote:
Mega Man Monthly wrote:I'm hoping Flynn implements the little-known fact that all of MM3's stages take place on different planets. It seems like a neat way to tie into the Stardroids story arc, and it makes sense considering we saw one of them at the end of #32...

That would be neat, but (refresh my memory here) didn't issue 20 show Rock already having defeating Gamma but claiming never to have been in space before? Not sure how they're going to handle Gemini Man stage's very alien landscape without the space element, but maybe Rock doesn't consider being beamed directly to an alien planet being in space.

Good catch! I forgot about that. You are indeed correct. In #20, Mega Man encounters Gamma (MM3 arc) and then jumps to the space station where he faces Quint (MM2GB arc), and he says, "I don't remember ever going to space. Why am I in space?" After that, he jumps to the MM4 arc and then to the MM5GB arc, making it also unlikely there'd be a lead-in from MM3 (alien planets) to MM5GB (Stardroids) since there are two other games to cover in between.

I guess there's always the possibility that Mega Man's time jumping in #20 wasn't chronological. He started out skipping to the past (Ra Moon), but then started going to the future. But maybe the points in the future he visited were not visited in order. Or maybe #20 was just for fun to celebrate the 25th anniversary and will be deviated from a bit. Only time will tell... (pun totally intended)...
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sonicpolo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Mega Man Monthly wrote:
El Veinte wrote:

Good catch! I forgot about that. You are indeed correct. In #20, Mega Man encounters Gamma (MM3 arc) and then jumps to the space station where he faces Quint (MM2GB arc), and he says, "I don't remember ever going to space. Why am I in space?" After that, he jumps to the MM4 arc and then to the MM5GB arc, making it also unlikely there'd be a lead-in from MM3 (alien planets) to MM5GB (Stardroids) since there are two other games to cover in between.

I guess there's always the possibility that Mega Man's time jumping in #20 wasn't chronological. He started out skipping to the past (Ra Moon), but then started going to the future. But maybe the points in the future he visited were not visited in order. Or maybe #20 was just for fun to celebrate the 25th anniversary and will be deviated from a bit. Only time will tell... (pun totally intended)...

Maybe issue #20 is like how STH does game adaptations in another place another time.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:55 pm

It appears that it was chronological in the fact that it started with a past event (Ra Moon), and kept going forward from there.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Jazzy76 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm

I still haven't got my issue yet, should i contact Archie or just wait?
Jazzy76
BumbleKnight

Postby Tylinos » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 pm

jazzy76 wrote:I still haven't got my issue yet, should i contact Archie or just wait?

If you're subbed to both Mega Man and Sonic and you get Sonic 257 before this issue, then I'd say definitely contact them since by that point it's probably lost in the mail.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 am

jazzy76 wrote:I still haven't got my issue yet, should i contact Archie or just wait?

The street date was 01/15/2014, so yeah, you're very overdue for it. I'd give them a call.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby El Veinte » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:08 am

Sonicpolo23 wrote:Maybe issue #20 is like how STH does game adaptations in another place another time.

Hah, you know, I think I'd prefer it if it were.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!