Mega Man: A Look Back at 2013

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

How was 2013 for Mega Man?

New Master Weapon get! (Awesome)
36%
1-Up get! (Good)
27%
Small E-tank get! (So-so)
14%
Armor-piercing spikes get! (Bad)
No votes
Ra Moon blackout get! (Terrible)
18%
Confusion and uncertainty get! (Dunno)
5%

Total votes : 22

Mega Man: A Look Back at 2013

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 am

Did this for Sonic, so...

Not a very productive year for the games (again), but we do get a special guest in a familiar rumble game.

Discuss on!
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man: A Look Back at 2013

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:21 am

I think this was a great year for the comic. Moreso than the Sonic side, but that's for another topic.

-Seeing Xander make a quick return was alright. Though it's likely he and the Ruby Spears will return and break out of prison at some point just so they'll be reoccurring antagonists.

-The Valentine's Day themed issue was decent was well. Though I'm not one who usually gets into shipping characters as some do here, I liked the way it was handled as well as the mini-debate between Light and Stern.

-The much-anticipated fight between Mega Man and Break Man was worth the wait. A good way to make Break Man look strong and formidable without making the others look too weak.

-Worlds Collide....do I even need to say why I liked this again?

-Lastly...Blackout. Probably the best case of 'mood-whiplash' the comic has achieved so far. Taking what was a rather dark and bleak story from the Japanese-exclusive SRA into comic format seems rather tricky considering not only for how the comic handled previous game adaptations, but simply because, well...it was rather odd with certain plot-points. *glances over how it explained Roll's condition*

But as a result, it was a mildly enjoyable arc. Started off great, almost sort of dragged in the middle, but managed to pick itself back up by the finale. A fantastic way to end the year (unless you're Rock).

Kudos to Ian and the staff for continuing what makes me love this comic. Bring on the next year!
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Good year for the comic. Bad year for everything else.

Mega Man being included in the next Smash is the one glimmer of hope fans have been given in a long time, but aside from that he's still as dead as he has been for the last few years.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, the comic is still great, and I'm very much looking forward to playing as Megaman in Sm4sh (provided I ever get a Wii U). Almost everything else has been "you had one job, Capcom".
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm

-The Oneshots were all pretty awesome IMHO. Nice self contained stories showing Mega Man's world are always good.

-WORLDS COLLIDE OMG INSERT MY SONIC THREAD ALLCAPS HERE!!!!!!!!

-Curse of Ra Moon was just...holy crap. I mean it's the top of my list for best storyline of the series all together.

-Mega Man in Smash Bros 4 nuff said.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Mega Man has been chugging along. The comic is literally the only thing it has going for it right now, except maybe that board game, but that's not out yet.

And still no new (good) Mega Man games on the horizons. All we got in the game front was some rhythm game in Japan and a bunch of Japanese Xover updates. It was supposed to be Mega Man's 25th anniversary and we got two things, Jack and his friend, and Jack left town.

Still waiting on those Virtual Console games that they promised for this year.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Awesome for the Comics and Smash Bros.

Barely know of anything else aside from that. Which proves either I'm losing interest, or Capcom is just that bad.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:12 pm

The comic was awesome this year with the crossover and getting through the Super Adventure storyline that had been building up since issue #13. I'm ready for Mega Man 3, X, and whatever other surprises come the Blue Bomber's way.

On the game front, I'm imagining Mega looking at the lineup that Capcom has trotted out, only to do a Flair Flop. Luckily, it wasn't on a bed of spikes. Thanks for giving Mega one more game to get into.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Spin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

I'd have to give it a 1-UP Get. Still nothing on the Capcom front. Which is pretty much widely accepted at this point. But we did get Mega Man announced for the new Super Smash Bros, which was a mind blowing moment.

And all around the comics were great. I didn't care much for #21 and #31.

Whether #21 came from just not enjoying the plot or just having too much packed in a single issue, I don't know. #31 was just pointless filler and done in a way that wasn't all that entertaining. And am still disappointed about no Quick Man death in the Blackout arc.

But I'd give 2013, 8 screws out of 10.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby The Bored » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm

The comic has been great so far. In fact it's probably my favorite comic out there right now, but I don't read a lot of comics.

I'm rather disappointed that the games haven't had anything released. I managed to actually beat MM1, MM2, & MMX this year, but I wish there was something new to play. At least there's Mighty No.9 coming out...sometime. And Mega Man's going to be in the next Smash Bros. (Yay!).

I basically feel the same as everyone else in this topic
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Great Year for the Mega Man Comics.
But He needs a new (not 8-Bit) Game.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:02 pm

The good.

-Mega Man in the next Smash Bros. Yay!
-Archie giving Super Adventure Mega Man the closest thing to an American release it'll ever get.
-A New Spiritual Successor announced (Mighty No. 9. I still have hope for the game).
-Worlds Collide. Enough said.

The bad

-Still no new Mega Man games.

So, same as everyone else, good year for the comics, bad year for the games other than Smash Bros.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Return to For Everlasting Peace!