Favorite Robot Master?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Favorite Robot Master?

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:11 am

Trying to avoid saying any popular or obvious ones, but mine would have to be Shade Man.

He's pretty much what you envision when you hear the words, vampire robot, but I like his design and the fact that he manages to have that 'gentlemanly' charm which is very reminiscent of Dracula. The way he bows as you enter his lair in MM7 seems so polite, but as soon as you see the sinister twinkle in his eye, you know you're still in for a fight.

It's admittedly hard to pick since not only there are a lot to choose from but to describe why I like each one without saying "I like his design" or "I like his personality" over and over.

A couple other ones that I've come to like are that I can at least talk a bit more about are:

-Snake Man. I've never really been scared of snakes as a kid, so it's not like I was ever freaked out by him. He just seems like an interesting, if creepily fun Robot Master to characterize should he get the chance to be fleshed-out in the comic.

-Elec Man. I've come to like his personality in the manga and comic. Especially in the 'Warrior's Day Off' story in which he tries to act all mature compared to everyone else and fails miserably since he's just as excited to go to the park. So funnily cute.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ooga_Hooga » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:04 pm

I know pretty little about most of the Robot Masters since I haven't played almost all the games and the ones i've tried I have failed miserably at.

My favourite is probably Quick Man cause I like how he's been written in the comics, and he brings back all this nostalgia from when I was little. Cause I had this Quick Man action figure.
Ooga_Hooga
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:14 am

A tricky one; character wise, I'd probably say Proto Man. Design wise, I'd have to go with Pharaoh Man. The Egyptian motif just never gets old.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby TheMajinV » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Well, in terms of the comics I'd have to go with Quick Man and Oil Man. I really enjoy how Quick Man has been made out to be a big rival for Mega Man; when your first appearance is beating the tar out of Little Boy Blue and his family, you know you've made an impact. Oil Man is the strange pick, but I really like his personality and I absolutlely LOVE voicing him. He's just fun to have around.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby Striker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:26 pm

TheMajinV wrote:Well, in terms of the comics I'd have to go with Quick Man and Oil Man. I really enjoy how Quick Man has been made out to be a big rival for Mega Man; when your first appearance is beating the tar out of Little Boy Blue and his family, you know you've made an impact. Oil Man is the strange pick, but I really like his personality and I absolutlely LOVE voicing him. He's just fun to have around.

Ill agree with this post. Quick Man and Oil Man are awesome. Oil Man more so than Quick Man though.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby behellmorph » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Does Quake Woman count?

Besides/Over wise it will be;
Oil Man, Flash Man and Metal Man so far.
behellmorph
BumbleCitizen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Not counting Rock, Roll, and Blues, I'd probably go with...aw man, this is a tough one. Hmm...well, out of the original Robot Masters, I'd say it's a tie between Fire Man and Oil Man (though I love pretty much all of them), Fire Man because of his neat design, incredibly awesome weapon, and great personality, and Oil Man because of the comics making him awesome. I can't decide at all when it comes to the second Robot Masters, they're all amazing in their own ways, mainly because of their characterizations in the comic. And when it comes to the third Robot Masters, I'd say it's probably Shadow Man, Snake Man, or Magnet Man (mainly due to his Megas' song). Can't really comment on the rest of the RM's, since I haven't played the games they're in/seen much of them though I did always like Pharaoh Man, Skull Man, Shade Man, and Freeze Man.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby KirbyChan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't know much about Mega Man outside of the comics so...

Elec Man, by far. It's hard to even describe why. I like that he tries to be the big bro of the group but can be just as childish sometimes. He likes to show off, is cocky and arrogant sometimes (like a certain blue hedgehog), but he knows when to tone it down.

Second favorite is Oil Man, because he's just too fun. He's the kind of guy that everyone can get along with (except Time Man, I guess). And him bickering with Time Man like an old married couple just sold it for me.
KirbyChan
BumbleCitizen

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 pm

This might be a little late, but I'd like to say that Pharaoh Man, Elec Man, Oil Man, Quick Man, Crash Man, and Skull Man. I haven't played all the games, but it's thanks to the comics that these characters shine for me (aside from the fact that they have cool designs). I don't even know who Skull Man is, but he looks awesome, so that's good enough for me. Bass is my favorite character in the series, but I'm not sure if he counts.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 am

Cut Man is a pretty sharp dude. Even though non-English speakers may have to cut him out of the picture.

Ice Man will spend every cent he's given on Valentine's Day for Roll. (He'll even get a pony.)

Crash Man? Two words. Hands.

And Shadow Man is pretty dang awesome.

—Bill Cipher, your favorite dream demon
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:04 am

I thought "post your favorite..." topics were banned. Did that change recently?

I like Sheep Man for how ridiculous he is. I also kinda like Needleman's design, since he's a bit out-there compared to the others in MM3.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I thought "post your favorite..." topics were banned. Did that change recently?

To be fair, I think the intent of that rule is more to prevent people bashing on artists, writers, etc. Since this is about characters (and characters who have existed outside Archie for over 20 years to boot), I don't think it's a problem.

It's a tough call for me. I'm partial to MM2 and MM3 RMs since my first game was MMII for GB. Metal Man is great if only for his weapon.

Gotta ultimately go with Quick Man though. I think of RMs and he's always one of if not the first ones to come to mind. I've always been a speed-freak and I like my characters fast (Sonic, Flash, etc.) and superspeed would be my power of choice should a miracle ever happen.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm

It's more to prevent a thread full of posts consisting of little more than, in this case, "____ Man" and people going on their merry little way.

If there's actual discussion going on, there tends to be more lenience. People were actually talking about why certain RMs were their favorites and discussing it before I got to it, so I decided to let it go. If it devolves into a string of names, though, then down it goes.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Can't remember if I posted in this thread, but either way. A lot of my favorite Robot Masters are usually just based on design alone.

- Fire Man, because both of this arms are flamethrowers, and I like his weird helmet design
- Metal Man, because I really like his power, and the gear on his helmet
- Crash Man, because his hands are FRIGGIN DRILLS
- Air Man, because I just love his unique look, and I'm always reminded of his lyrics in the Duane and Brand-O song
- Quick Man, moreso of his comic depiction than his design
- Magnet Man, because like Metal Man, I like the magnet on his helmet
- Spark Man, because of his unique look, and I like his spark hand... things
- Drill Man, again FRIGGIN DRILLS
- Pharaoh Man, just because I like his power, and he has that same cannon arm not too many RMs have
- Gravity Man, I like his chest/torso design
- Napalm Man, he's just big and beefy, and he has missile hands
- Flame Man, because I like fire-themed stuff, and he has that wire on his cannon connected to his oil tank
- Tomahawk Man, creative theme, his weapon is his arm
- Knight Man, weapon is his arm, might be my all-time favorite RM
- Yamato Man, unique theme, I like him and the 2 above as this cool culture based fighters
- Tengu Man, because MM8 was my first MM game, and his unique design
- Magma Man, fire-themed, he's like a cooler looking Needle Man
-Commando Man, just a big beefy walking tank
-Pirate Man, because he has a hook hand. WHY WOULD A ROBOT NEED THAT
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:40 am

BlackHawkOmega wrote:-Pirate Man, because he has a hook hand. WHY WOULD A ROBOT NEED THAT

In case he's needed for a Peter Pan stage performance to play as Captain Hook.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!