Favorite Robot Master?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Favorite Robot Master?

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Anyone have a favorite Robot Master? Did you like them thanks to the comic or you just admire them when you first fought against them in the games?

Mine's Crash Man (Can tell by the avatar) mainly because of issue 10
Spoiler: show

and Issue 19's Short Circuits

Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Re: Favorite Robot Master?

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Flash Man all the way. "So much hair..."
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Top Man. Which I know is weird as he's one of the most widely hated Robot Masters in the fandom. But I like the top theme when compared to some of the other MM3 Robot Masters. He's easily overlooked in that game due to his crappy Weapon Get and having a design not as cool as the other Robot Masters. It makes it all the more better when you need his power to beat the game.

I also like his design. What with the round eyes, top shaped head, and the wheels on his heels. And his attack pattern with the charging, spinning and throwing his head.

I personally see the guy as a lovable loser, not that I know which direction Ian is going to take with Top Man.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Top Man was a ladies' man in the cartoon.

Also my favorite Robot Master is Quake Woman Shadow Man Shadow Man Shadow Man Ninja ninja ninja. He's the reason I looked so much into ninjutsu. But I don't really HAVE a favorite RM cause there's a lot I really like. Shadow Man just happens to be the one I RP and characterize the most along with Quake Woman.

Others are Galaxy Man, Crystal Woman Man, Star Man, lots of Star Man...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm

I'd have to say it a tie between Clown Man and Sheep Man. I like Clown Man because like the clown theme and his strechable arms are ridiculous. Well Sheep Man's design and theme seems random at first he's actually a reference to a book about robots called "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" witch the movie "Blade Runner" is based off of. Designing a character off of something like that would be I'd so do and that's why I like Sheep Man.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:56 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Top Man was a ladies' man in the cartoon.

Also my favorite Robot Master is Quake Woman Shadow Man Shadow Man Shadow Man Ninja ninja ninja. He's the reason I looked so much into ninjutsu. But I don't really HAVE a favorite RM cause there's a lot I really like. Shadow Man just happens to be the one I RP and characterize the most along with Quake Woman.

Others are Galaxy Man, Crystal Woman Man, Star Man, lots of Star Man...

I just watch the episode you were talking about.
I gotta agree Top Man is a ladies' man. I now feel like a Roll X Top Man shipper.

"You can call me Toppy"
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:33 am

Roll, cause she's cute and kicks butt, especially in the cartoon.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:49 am

Mine would be Turbo Man, closely followed by Nitro Man. As for "Did I like them thanks to the comic or just admire them when I first fought against them in the games?", I'll let you take a wild guess there.

Those two basically overlap two of my favorite franchises, Transformers and Mega Man. And yes, I'm also a big fan of GyroMan.EXE.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:06 am

My favorite is tied between Burner Man and Quick Man. These guys kick so much metal butt. In terms of theme, I like Magent Man's level music a lot.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Acrosurge » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Oh man. There are so many awesome Robot Masters, picking a favorite is difficult. Probably either Quick Man or Freeze Man, both of whom I loved for their design and abilities before the comics came out.

Freeze Man. His powers are quick and deadly (IMO, the most effective fighter of the Ice themed Robot Masters, besides Chill Man on Hard Difficulty), and he breaks the 4th wall when you hit him with his own weapon. And he taunts you at the start of the battle until you make a move. So... cool.

Quick Man? Not much to be said. He's the fastest Robot Master ever built and a real challenge on Mega Man 2's true difficulty setting without exploiting the Flash Stopper weakness.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Fire Man, being the first guy I beat, ever. I liked him even more when his Powered Up characterization showed that he was all about justice. His voice is Yosimite Sam's though.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Nintenfreak » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:25 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Mine would be Turbo Man, closely followed by Nitro Man. As for "Did I like them thanks to the comic or just admire them when I first fought against them in the games?", I'll let you take a wild guess there.

Those two basically overlap two of my favorite franchises, Transformers and Mega Man. And yes, I'm also a big fan of GyroMan.EXE.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Its TURBO TIME!

Uh my favorite? Splash Woman, because she's got a seductive glint in her eyes?
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Nintenfreak wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Mine would be Turbo Man, closely followed by Nitro Man. As for "Did I like them thanks to the comic or just admire them when I first fought against them in the games?", I'll let you take a wild guess there.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Its TURBO TIME!

Turbo Time?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Nintenfreak » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:34 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Nintenfreak wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Its TURBO TIME!

Turbo Time?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

No, Jingle All the Way. www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qk-i2E1IjY
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:54 am

I wanted to say mine might still be better, but then he started going in reverse.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!