Sonic/Mega Man X FCBD 2014

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic/Mega Man X FCBD 2014

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:31 am

Tylinos wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:Wait, that's Tristan on the cover? Why does the solicit say Ben Bates?

Listing Ben could just be a mistake, like someone calling Tracy "Tristan".

EDIT: Oh, wait. You meant Tristan Jones. I forgot that was his first name and thought you were talking about the Sonic cover. Ignore that, then. Though that's still weird: Why'd they list Ben when he didn't do either cover?

It's just a mistake. Since Ben did both covers for the previous FCBD's flipbook, that could be where the oversight came in. If you look at the solicit on FCBD's website, it lists the correct artists: T. Rex (Tristan Jones) for Mega Man, and Tracy Yardley! for Sonic.
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/ ... =STK632582

murta98 wrote:Just a little nitpick. If the Sonic Comic is supposed to tell a story of the past ( like, in the Genesis Era), why does Tails & Amy are in they're recent design, in the background?

I have a feeling it's going to tell the origins of the rebooted Archieverse that was created from the Super Genesis Wave. Basically, the universe was rewritten, and readers are jumping into it very late into its history. This story will tell us everything that happened that we never got to see. So... that means the original designs of Tails and Amy could have been retconned. Pure speculation, but that's my take on it.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:07 am

megamanmonthly wrote:I have a feeling it's going to tell the origins of the rebooted Archieverse that was created from the Super Genesis Wave. Basically, the universe was rewritten, and readers are jumping into it very late into its history. This story will tell us everything that happened that we never got to see. So... that means the original designs of Tails and Amy could have been retconned. Pure speculation, but that's my take on it.

Strange, considering SEGA was A OK with using Classic Sonic ever since Generations came out. Do they think we the readers and players forgot about Classic Sonic since Lost World came out?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:22 am

...He's in his Genesis design. He has the Classic Body with Green Eyes just like he does in the Genesis Storyline. I know people here hated it for some reason but jeez I figured since you were all examining the cover enough to notice "ZOMG TAILS AND AMY ARE MODERN DESIGNS" you'd have noticed a little detail like Sonic being short, fat, and having shorter quills.

I'm sorry is that came off angry I wasn't intending it too I'm just surprised that nobody picked up on that. Anyway Mega Man X.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:26 pm

I noticed it, but I assumed it was Tracy's art style, not a throw-back. Sonic is sometimes depicted with shorter quills in the Archieverse despite the redesign extending them significantly.

Examples:
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archi ... _Issue_236
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archi ... _Issue_242

But it could also just be a "younger" Sonic... Not specifically "Classic" Sonic, but a shorter version with shorter quills. That would make sense if this is an origin story.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sonicpolo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm

I think that it's more of a Younger Sonic in the cover; but it's probably based on his Sonic Adventure design. I speculate that this cover is based during the times during the dream cast games adventures that's why we see Amy and Tails in the current designs. This could make sense because of the legal situations with Penders and etc. During the adventures games could be the focus point for where the Sonic Origins stories take place. That's what I believe could be the reason. I'll just wait to read to actually judge the cover and all that jazz.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ooga_Hooga » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 pm

I think this whole Sonic Origins story is bitter sweet, I've wanted it yet, I've had it in my head that The Genesis Arc was how everything started off for the freedom fighters. In this new universe.
Ooga_Hooga
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!