Will Archie ever cover the other megaman games?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Will Archie ever cover the other megaman games?

Postby colleenekat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 am

I would really like to see some of the other blue bombers saga's, like battle network, and ZX. It would be great to read, but there is already manga out for both of them. So I wonder if they will not cover the other story's, or at least make a side story for them. I know X is coming, but will they show others?
colleenekat
BumbleNewbie

Re: Will Archie ever cover the other megaman games?

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 am

It's Possible but it might take a while before they get to covering the the other Mega Man games,
or they could make a miniseries of the other smaller spin offs.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am

Any new game series would pretty much have to be treated as new comic series. The rights on a franchise with multiple different series gets a bit tricky, but as it stands they can only do Classic and X.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:34 pm

I'd like a Mega Man Zero comic the most. Though even if they adapt the drama CDs, I'm not sure there'd be enough material for anything other than a limited series, and I'm not sure if Archie would be open to do one.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Does Mega Man Legends 2 do what Mega Man Legends 1 did were the whole game takes place on the same island/area? I'm wondering because I think Legends should be the next comic series. I kind of see that series having the One Peice or Pokemon formula were characters move form island/settlement to island/settlement have an adventure maybe one shots or story arcs.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Does Mega Man Legends 2 do what Mega Man Legends 1 did were the whole game takes place on the same island/area? I'm wondering because I think Legends should be the next comic series. I kind of see that series having the One Peice or Pokemon formula were characters move form island/settlement to island/settlement have an adventure maybe one shots or story arcs.

1) Nope; Legends 2 takes place across several different islands in a region.

2) Legends would probably be a lot harder to do an ongoing comic on, as it was the most story-centric series of the franchise on its release, and it leaves very little relative wiggle-room. The Casketts meet the Bonnes in MML, so anything before that couldn't reasonably have them interact without either contradicting the games or having some serious contrivances, and Legends 2 ended on a cliffhanger with no resolution.

There is that one-year gap between the two games, though, and Capcom themselves have even exploited this for a game or two for mobile phones in Japan. But then it becomes a question of how much story can you reasonably place in the span of a year?

The only other thing-- and I'm not opposed to this, though it presents its own problems-- would be if Capcom allowed Ian/Archie to continue the story, resolve the cliffhanger, and go from there.

Of course, they could also just not do an ongoing, instead adapting the games and doing short mini-series here and there about the year in-between.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:02 pm

I seriously want an Batle Network & Starforce comic!

I mean, i would be perfect! Classic series connects to X, X connects to Zero, & Battle Network connects to Starforce(well they do, I've seen small hints of this)! I have no idea what connects to Legends or ZX.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 pm

comic321 wrote:I seriously want an Batle Network & Starforce comic!

I mean, i would be perfect! Classic series connects to X, X connects to Zero, & Battle Network connects to Starforce(well they do, I've seen small hints of this)! I have no idea what connects to Legends or ZX.

I believe it's this:

Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and finally Legends.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:
comic321 wrote:I seriously want an Batle Network & Starforce comic!

I believe it's this:

Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and finally Legends.

Yep.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:01 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:There is that one-year gap between the two games, though, and Capcom themselves have even exploited this for a game or two for mobile phones in Japan. But then it becomes a question of how much story can you reasonably place in the span of a year?

Ian and company did it with Sonic from issue 160 to 247 (and would have probably one farther than that if given the chance)
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:02 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:There is that one-year gap between the two games, though, and Capcom themselves have even exploited this for a game or two for mobile phones in Japan. But then it becomes a question of how much story can you reasonably place in the span of a year?

Ian and company did it with Sonic from issue 160 to 247 (and would have probably one farther than that if given the chance)

Don't forget that Zero and Battle Network are connected. It seems Cyberspace from Zero 3 is connected to the Battle Network Universe in a Digimon-styled alternate dimension thing.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:07 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:Don't forget that Zero and Battle Network are connected. It seems Cyberspace from Zero 3 is connected to the Battle Network Universe in a Digimon-styled alternate dimension thing.

I thought the whole BN/Zero connection was soley a gameplay related case, and nothing more (if my info is correct, Zero 3 came with a thing to use in one of the BN games. Have been wrong before, though).
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 am

SurrealBrain wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Don't forget that Zero and Battle Network are connected. It seems Cyberspace from Zero 3 is connected to the Battle Network Universe in a Digimon-styled alternate dimension thing.

I thought the whole BN/Zero connection was soley a gameplay related case, and nothing more (if my info is correct, Zero 3 came with a thing to use in one of the BN games. Have been wrong before, though).

I do believe Cyberspace was mentioned in the story of MMZ3, and Phantom seems to have been haunting it since he died in Zero 1

I just think that such a gameplay thing would make for a good storyline element, you know? It's there, why not use it to say that the internet is connected to Zero's Cyberspace?

I mean, Xover goes ahead and proves the dimensions are connected, after all.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Cyberspace =/= Connection to both series. The Classic-X-Zero-ZX-Legends continuity is COMPLETELY separate from the BN-Starforce series.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm

I always liked the thought that the two timelines/universes were somehow linked through that.

And there is apparently some connection, given Rockman Xover.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!