Classic and X Bosses - Personal Tales?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Classic and X Bosses - Personal Tales?

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 pm

El Veinte wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I liked how the Fifth Series worked at an amusement park and did other odd jobs to help fund Wily's work in the Megamix manga.

That was amusing, and random and nonsensical. With Crystalman originally purposed for crystals manufacturing for money, him choosing a low-paying job at an amusement park seems a huge waste of talent. Some of the other robots, even more so. Maybe there aren't a lot of job opportunities out there for reformed robots, but there's got to be something better than that. Fire your headhunter, bros. Get on LinkedIn or something.

Getting back onto the more familiar subject for me, I found that made little sense, and I hope it'll be better in the comics, because it DID seem like a huge waste of talent. It's why in my headcanon Crystal Man (or Crystal Woman, in my case, not gonna keep explaining my weird headcanons sometimes) owned his/her own jewelry shop and took on commissions.

I mean Etsy exists. Might as well put it to use. xD
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:37 am

Not in 1992, it didn't. ;P

Unless you mean for Ian to do that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby El Veinte » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:49 am

ReifuTD wrote:I seem to remeber something like that happening in the first Ghost in the Shell movie. Basicllay the childern where AI programs wondering the internet. Honestly I believe if you want to make a unique robot with human intelligence you have to 1) Make a robot grow physically as the mind grows. Or 2) Grow the mind in a virtual reality and put the mind in a real body when they are ready. I think the second way helps weed out undisable programs.

Makes sense, and would certainly correspond with the growth cycles of most life forms, though I'm tempted to make a joke about what a harsh environment the internet would be to grow up in. A virtual environment could well be what X and Zero encountered while sealed up in their capsules, though generally in this series it seems that these robots just turn on and go. It struck me as odd in Day of Sigma during X's development when X could see, speak and understand while just a torso and head, be he didn't know his own name or his creator. Perhaps some things are saved as matters of conscious self-discovery.... or perhaps every robot builder does it a bit differently.

Getting back onto the more familiar subject for me, I found that made little sense, and I hope it'll be better in the comics, because it DID seem like a huge waste of talent. It's why in my headcanon Crystal Man (or Crystal Woman, in my case, not gonna keep explaining my weird headcanons sometimes) owned his/her own jewelry shop and took on commissions.

I mean Etsy exists. Might as well put it to use. xD

I like it. How about calling it Metsy, an online marketplace where robots who make things can make a living for themselves by selling and trading their manufactured goods and services?
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby YamiNetto » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 pm

El Veinte wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:It struck me as odd in Day of Sigma during X's development when X could see, speak and understand while just a torso and head, be he didn't know his own name or his creator. Perhaps some things are saved as matters of conscious self-discovery.... or perhaps every robot builder does it a bit differently.

That is probably on of the best concepts in robotics and psychology/etc. in general. Pre-programmed ability aside, for a robot or Reploid to learn and adopt individual egos and personae is a major aspect of being human and should be explored in some depth in the comics.

Perhaps this could be explored with canon characters, like animal Reploids whose personality don't reflect their animal base. Armored Armadillo was described as gruff and gritty, whereas armadillos aren't aggressive in nature, as an example. Flame Stag was arrogant and hotheaded in the X2 manga, whereas deer are serene and innocent critters.

Maybe there's more to individuality in Reploids and robots than we originally anticipated.
YamiNetto
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!