Mega Man #35 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #35 Preview

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm

It's gotten to the point where the physical release doesn't come out until the month after it's supposedly going to be out. And slowly the downloadable release will be going into next month as well.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting really frustrated by this. My subscription on Mega Man is about to run out, and right now I can't even see the point in renewing it, if I have to wait this long for a issue. Somebody needs to fix this problem, cause it's getting way past tiring.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 pm

I certainly don't have the issue yet, but the digital version only came out a week ago. I mean, if it's late it's late, but is this really that inconvenient ? (realizes he just came off getting 258 before 257 and doesn't have a vested interest in discussing any of the comics right now) ...maybe I'm a bad example.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:43 pm

GentlemanX wrote:I mean, if it's late it's late, but is this really that inconvenient ? (realizes he just came off getting 258 before 257 and doesn't have a vested interest in discussing any of the comics right now) ...maybe I'm a bad example.

Yeah, once in a while, even twice can be chalked down to unfortunate slip ups, but I think a third time is overkill.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 pm

So it's been about two weeks now. Is it safe to say it's alright to contact Archie to send another copy my way? Cause this is just ridiculous. I really don't like to complain, but I've been about as patient as I can be over this.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

I wound up getting #34 in the mail in the first week of March. I think it's just the way things are going now.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, despite how slow the issues seem to be going through the mail lately, a few people in the topic about this on the Sonic forum have said their replacement copies get to them pretty quickly, so hopefully now that I've emailed them I'll see this issue soon, one way or another.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby El Veinte » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 am

I've had to email once in the past about missing a book, and they shipped it super fast in a cardboard backed bubble envelope. It was the best condition I'd ever gotten any issue in!

But I still haven't received a physical copy of #35. Have any other subscribers gotten it yet?

I can identify with the frustration being expressed, it's not a very efficient selling model when even youtube has an issue up weeks before subscribers actually get to hold their copies that they paid for. I'm a subscriber to support the series, but with as late as these issues come recently I don't see that there's much incentive for non-collectors to bother with a subscription at all. Digital distribution forms are, as ever, faster cheaper and more efficient.

Is there a way to use my subscription to get to see the comics digitally through Archie, or do they want you to pay separately to access a digital account through an app?
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby Sonicpolo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 am

El Veinte wrote:I've had to email once in the past about missing a book, and they shipped it super fast in a cardboard backed bubble envelope. It was the best condition I'd ever gotten any issue in!

But I still haven't received a physical copy of #35. Have any other subscribers gotten it yet?

I can identify with the frustration being expressed, it's not a very efficient selling model when even youtube has an issue up weeks before subscribers actually get to hold their copies that they paid for. I'm a subscriber to support the series, but with as late as these issues come recently I don't see that there's much incentive for non-collectors to bother with a subscription at all. Digital distribution forms are, as ever, faster cheaper and more efficient.

Is there a way to use my subscription to get to see the comics digitally through Archie, or do they want you to pay separately to access a digital account through an app?

I haven't got it yet, so it's safe to say subscribers haven't got the physical copy yet. (Haven't been this frustrated over late issues since issue #30)

I don't think there's a way to use a subscription to see the digital copy of issues. I know Marvel does it with the Codes they have for smartphones.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Dub » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:53 pm

We got the book in 5 minutes prior to me making this message (end of the day delivery...which I admit is an oddity). Dunno what the postal delay was (I'm not privy to that sort of thing) but it should be coming soon. Hope that helps.
Dub
BumbleCreative

Postby Bean » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Yeah, I wound up getting my issue in the mail earlier today. I guess we're just a month behind now and leave it at that.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Antiyonder » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Still no comic, and the guy at the comic store is aware of the fact, but stated that his invoice said it was in. So he's going to be checking into it.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Acrosurge » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:35 am

Haven't got my issue #35 yet, but I received an email in response to my query that the issue is "currently shipping to all customers and will arrive shortly." Customer Service suggested I email them again if the issue isn't received by the 14th of this month.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 am

I got mine a couple days ago, but only got around to reading it this morning. Yeah, it's annoying if it runs late or is lost entirely, but since I'm nowhere near a comic shop, I'm okay with it since I really don't have another choice.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Acrosurge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 am

I had the issue by Saturday (April 12). I thought about procuring this title at my local comic shop because I do like supporting them, but they are 30 minutes away and I feel a little silly obtaining a box with them for just one monthly. Maybe once X, Zero, Vent/Aile, and Trigger get their own ongoing series...
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!