Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:34 pm

EvilEddie wrote:No. They're from the fifth, and final, classic series Game Boy game Mega Man V/Rockman World 5. They're evil robots from space unrelated to Ra Moon in the games.

Not to be confused with the other evil robots from space in Rockman Strategy though their canonality is dubious at best. Or Evil Robot from Mega Man 8.

to add the clostest connection Ra Moon and Stardiods had is in the Gigamix manga that have Stardoids working for a being called Dark Moon who looks like Ra Moon. I'm not sure what the Japanese version of Dark Moon was called. Anyway I'm counting this as a nod to the Manga.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:29 am

I thought Dark Moon was Dark Moon in Japan?

(I should look that up later...)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:30 am

Dark Moon is indeed Dark Moon in Japan (ダークムーン to be precise).

In the game Dark Moon was just a gray Devil with some extra stuff on his head. His design in Gigamix was however inspired by Ra Devil.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Max1996 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Does anyone have any pictures? And no, I don't mean the preview pages.
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:08 pm

If it's okay, here's the last two pages courtesy of CC14 from SSMB.
Spoiler: show
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

Now this was a fantastic issue. What a nice surprise after last month’s fumble.

-Ra Thor was a beast, although he didn’t really attack.

-The Robot Masters were genuine threats and were not taken out right away.

-Dr. Wily proved himself to not be completely incompetent. Providing Mega Man the knowledge he needed to win the battle was a nice touch.

-Linking Ra Moon to the Star Droids is a much welcomed spin. I am looking forward to seeing where that goes and how it links up to the Mega Man 3 story line.

-The dialogue was straight and to the point. No fumbling around this time.

Pretty much the only thing I did not like about the issue was that Shadow Man did not have any sort of resolution. Was he an old Star Droid that came to Earth with Ra Moon? Was he an ancient robot that wandered into Ra Moon’s temple and got shut down in the early stages of the EM field back when it was contained to the temple? We aren’t even given any hints as far as I can see. While ultimately I guess it isn’t important it would have been nice to see what his deal was.

I also wonder what happened to the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters. Were they destroyed when Ra Moon took away the EM field protection? Are they just fine now that the EM field is gone? The reason this is important is because it sets the stage on how Wily’s Robot Masters will be handled. Some Mega Man media has the Robot Masters permanently destroyed and gone for good. Other media has them survive and remain around (which begs the questions of why Wily doesn’t send them all at Mega Man at once). I would prefer the dead-is-dead approach, which the comic seems to be hinting at. So will the MM 2 Robot Masters remain around? Personally, I like the dead-is-dead approach. Out with the old and in with the new. But we shall have to see which way Ian goes.

As much as I liked this issue I am thankful this plotline is over with. It was messy, filled with plot holes (e.g. how could Dr. Light read the data that Proto Man provided him if all the computers are offline, how could the jet work, how would the radios work, etc), and badly paced. Ra Moon was an interesting and mostly non-Wily threat but I am glad we can move on to other things now. Is the next arc going to be the Emerald Spears VS Wily? I hope so!
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am

Astrobot7000 wrote:Pretty much the only thing I did not like about the issue was that Shadow Man did not have any sort of resolution. Was he an old Star Droid that came to Earth with Ra Moon? Was he an ancient robot that wandered into Ra Moon’s temple and got shut down in the early stages of the EM field back when it was contained to the temple? We aren’t even given any hints as far as I can see. While ultimately I guess it isn’t important it would have been nice to see what his deal was.

I'm more than certain that's going to be explained in a different story. Where it's relavent.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Dejimon11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:Pretty much the only thing I did not like about the issue was that Shadow Man did not have any sort of resolution. Was he an old Star Droid that came to Earth with Ra Moon? Was he an ancient robot that wandered into Ra Moon’s temple and got shut down in the early stages of the EM field back when it was contained to the temple? We aren’t even given any hints as far as I can see. While ultimately I guess it isn’t important it would have been nice to see what his deal was.

I'm more than certain that's going to be explained in a different story. Where it's relavent.

Issue 34 is going to have shadow man in it so might find out something
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:

I hope you are right. To play devil's advocate though, Shadow Man's history may have been relevant to Ra Moon if Ian swung it that way.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Well, he also has Mega Man 3 and the Stardroids to go through. This is the end of Ra Moon, but for Shadow Man it's only the first act. It is pretty strange that he had basically no presence this issue, considering how played up he was before... I just now noticed that. He's not really there at all.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Penguin God wrote:Well, he also has Mega Man 3 and the Stardroids to go through. This is the end of Ra Moon, but for Shadow Man it's only the first act. It is pretty strange that he had basically no presence this issue, considering how played up he was before... I just now noticed that. He's not really there at all.

He may get his own arc. That is if we're lucky. I think that would be pretty awesome.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Well, he also has Mega Man 3 and the Stardroids to go through. This is the end of Ra Moon, but for Shadow Man it's only the first act. It is pretty strange that he had basically no presence this issue, considering how played up he was before... I just now noticed that. He's not really there at all.

He may get his own arc. That is if we're lucky. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Well seeing as the arc after the epilouge is titled "Shadow of the Moon" I'd say it's pretty likely. Yeah believe it or not the issues with the Mega Man X back-Up's have other stories in them. :P
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby The Bored » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Is Shadow Man connected with Ra Moon and the Star Droids in the games?
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 pm

The Bored wrote:Is Shadow Man connected with Ra Moon and the Star Droids in the games?

No. He's not even an alien robot in the games; that info is only in the character guides.

He also has a giant robot frog in some games.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Well, the guides go with the games, so yes, Shadow Man is an alien robot in the games... there's just nothing blatantly depicting him as such.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!