Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 am

Folks are getting the finale to "Blackout: Curse of Ra Moon," so up goes the thread.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby kimplix » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:51 am

I'm hoping to get the issue sometime this week. Gotta keep up with comic's these day's y' know c:
kimplix
BumbleFan

Postby Max1996 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:54 am

Preview pages, anyone?
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 am

Preview pages aren't out yet. It's a good issue, definitely a step up from last one. Ra Thor doesn't do much but he's absolutely a monster in defense, and Ra Moon does come off as a very sadistic ancient being. Mega Man's sacrifice is well written, but I think the visuals don't quite show off the weight of the situation or the blast. It's very quick (probably could have used some space from last issue's nothing-happening) but overall satisfying. The little teaser at the end really is a fun spoiler, and it's good to see Wily so genuinely distressed over the fate of even his enemies.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Kind of a neat revelation to make a connection between Ra Moon and the Stardroids besides them being just 'alien robots.' Getting vengeance on Ra Moon's demise gives the Stardroids's motive to come to Earth a bit more sensible.

Though regarding the eventual Wily/Light team-up on making Gamma and the Stardroids being saved after the MM3 arc, (possible fan spoiler)

Spoiler: show
Keep Gamma around so he could be a great ally for Mega Man to combat the Stardroids. Think it would be a nice way to make him more useful despite the fact that he just sort of dropped from existence as the series progressed. Just ditching him after his reprogramming would be kind of a waste after any build-up he'd have gotten beforehand. Having him fight alongside the heroes against bigger threats like the Stardroids would tap some greater potential than the games (n)ever did.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Spin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 pm

A heck of a lot better than #31 which I couldn't be bothered to comment on, it was just that unnecessary.

This time however, Mega Man is in the thick of it fighting Ra Thor while not dishing out much damage. Love how Mega Man copies weapon data from MM2/MM3 robots mid-fighting. It takes all his Special Weapons Energy to finally take Ra Thor down. Ra Moon introduces Ra Devil, which Mega Man tries to blast in his eye with no effect. Wily reasons Ra Moon is feeding his power into the Ra Devil directly and is in a slightly weakened condition. Mega Man is in the position of having no choice but to use both his arm cannons destroying Ra Moon and himself. A few days later, Roll is back to normal and Wily winds up on Dr Light's doorstep with Mega Man in critical condition.

The ending scene with the remains of Ra Moon and the glimpse of Sunstar reminds me of Red Dawn.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby ClareSilver47 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 pm

anything to know about with the RMs?

I'm curious if some were destroyed or not
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 pm

They weren't destroyed, but halfway through the issue Ra Moon gets rid of the immunity for MM2's bots. At the end of the battle his control over the MM3 Masters is broken.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby ClareSilver47 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Much appreciated, seeing as I won't be going to the comic book store for quite some time because of circumstances
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby Bean » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm

I was surprised to see that the Stardroids were linked to Ra Moon at the very end, but I liked it all the same. I'm still guessing it's going to be awhile before we see them in here and will instead eventually move on to the MM3 adaptation sometime next year. Kind of hoping that in the meantime that there are more original stories to mix in before that since those won me over ever since they were first done starting with Spiritus Ex Machina at the start of year two.

Anyway, it was a nicely drawn issue with a fight sequence that again felt kind of rushed, but not to the point where I was just disappointed with it like I was in at the end of the Mega Man 2 storyline. Good work.
Last edited by Bean on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tahtorak » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Max1996 wrote:Preview pages, anyone?

Here ya go: http://www.destructoid.com/the-curse-of ... 6891.phtml
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 pm

This is my most favorite Mega Man arc of all time and it's technically not even over yet. I loved how high the stakes were I loved the tone and even though I'm in the minority I love all of Mike Cavallaro's art. I think his penciles were awesome and while a little stiff at times still some of the best art on the book just under Ryan Jampole.

Not too surprised the Staroids are connected to Ra Moon. Don't they use something similar too him as a weapon in the Manga? Not sure if it's in Mega Man V.

At most the biggest nitpick I have is how does Rock have two Busters? I mean Dr. Light only made one so where did that other one come from.

Either way loved it completely can't wait too see where we go from here.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:07 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:This is my most favorite Mega Man arc of all time and it's technically not even over yet. I loved how high the stakes were I loved the tone and even though I'm in the minority I love all of Mike Cavallaro's art. I think his penciles were awesome and while a little stiff at times still some of the best art on the book just under Ryan Jampole.

Not too surprised the Staroids are connected to Ra Moon. Don't they use something similar too him as a weapon in the Manga? Not sure if it's in Mega Man V.

At most the biggest nitpick I have is how does Rock have two Busters? I mean Dr. Light only made one so where did that other one come from.

They had Dark Moon. Which basically absorbed negative energy until it released Sunstar.

And as far as MM's arm cannons go, they're interchangeable. He's always been able to shoot from either his left or right arms. It's just an overload if he uses them at once.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby The Bored » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:09 pm

SonicSoul wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:This is my most favorite Mega Man arc of all time and it's technically not even over yet. I loved how high the stakes were I loved the tone and even though I'm in the minority I love all of Mike Cavallaro's art. I think his penciles were awesome and while a little stiff at times still some of the best art on the book just under Ryan Jampole.

They had Dark Moon. Which basically absorbed negative energy until it released Sunstar.

And as far as MM's arm cannons go, they're interchangeable. He's always been able to shoot from either his left or right arms. It's just an overload if he uses them at once.

Plus he used a bunch of his weapons from the RMs which drained him of a great amount of his energy.

This was a pretty solid issue though I had a little trouble following some of the action that was happening. I'm not sure which game the Star Droids are from but they sound interesting. Are they connected with Ra Moon in the games?
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 pm

No. They're from the fifth, and final, classic series Game Boy game Mega Man V/Rockman World 5. They're evil robots from space unrelated to Ra Moon in the games.

Not to be confused with the other evil robots from space in Rockman Strategy though their canonality is dubious at best. Or Evil Robot from Mega Man 8.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!