Mega Man #34 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #34 Preview

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Something else I noticed

hen, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X!

Inafune's been on record to say that his name is just X, and Mega Man is the title of the series. For instance in Mega Man Zero, the character is just "Zero"

EDIT: or right, it's never been consistent. MMX2 calls him Mega Man x and Maverck Hunter X calls him Mega Man X

I guess "Mega Man" is his Surname and X is his familiar name?

I allways thought that Mega Man was a nickname because he looks like Mega Man. So people as a joke would come up to him and say "hey Mega Man". As far as I understand no one knows he was built by Light. Later in ZX the word Mega Man take on a greater meaning.

It's pretty vague, but I assumed reploids had no idea who the robot masters or Dr. Light were
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:00 pm

I always believed that Mega Man was well known. Just-- his exploits have been blown out of proportion (It HAS been a hundred years). He's treated as some sort of perfect figure who never made mistakes or anything, and living up to Rock's example - who X KNOWS is his brother because he may have actually remembered him, since we know X was conscious when Light was working on him - was part of what drove X to pacifism, the fact that unlike Rock, he couldn't save everyone.

This vision of Mega Man would eventually be corrupted into the "Legendary Hero" - and there'd probably be some disconnect between that vision and the actual vision seen with the Rush Roadster and Red Striker toys.

As for the whole "Mega Man X" thing, "Mega Man X" is his model, "X" is his name.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby The Bored » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

sonicray wrote:Does that mean Archie is going to give Mega Man X his own comic book series next year?

Next year would be hard. Maybe in the next two years or so hopefully.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:05 pm

The schematics also label him as "Rockman/Mega Man X" in the first game's intro.

Between that and MHX, Inafune's statement is pretty much where I said "@#$% it" with trying to rationalize anything in that forsaken series.

(I still love MMX to death, don't get me wrong, it just abuses every part of me that likes things such as "consistency" or "logic". No matter what I do, no matter what Ian does, no matter what anyone does, you are going to be wrong in some way.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The Bored » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:59 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:The schematics also label him as "Rockman/Mega Man X" in the first game's intro.

Between that and MHX, Inafune's statement is pretty much where I said "@#$% it" with trying to rationalize anything in that forsaken series.

(I still love MMX to death, don't get me wrong, it just abuses every part of me that likes things such as "consistency" or "logic". No matter what I do, no matter what Ian does, no matter what anyone does, you are going to be wrong in some way.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That's part of its...charm(?)
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 am

That's part of why I don't really listen to Inafune had to say when it comes to anything outside of the Classic Series.

The only Word of God of his I accept as Canon having to do with the X series is that Zero was not responsible for the disappearances of the Classic Cast, and in fact, hadn't met most of them.

Edit: As a side note, less story related WoG such as the thing about Vent having been created first and intended as the main character is a bit more solid for me, but that's neither here nor there.
Last edited by Ryu The Weredragon on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:38 am

The Bored wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:The schematics also label him as "Rockman/Mega Man X" in the first game's intro.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That's part of its...charm(?)

Sure, let's go with that.

Sometimes I miss the days when we had nothing but the games and manuals to go on, and just made the rest up ourselves.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Sonicpolo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:17 am

I'm more eXcited for the MMX comic adaption now.

I think that they're going to make an Super Smash Bros Comic Crossover due to Mega Man being in there. I know it's unlikely but I rooting for it.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby Zack_GLC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:13 am

I doubt it. There wasnt so much as a reference in the comics when sonic got put in brawl.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Excelhedge » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I hopeing Zero is shown in the crossover series as well. I just want some interaction with Zero and Willy PLEASE!!!
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Mega Man X4 and X5 have some Zero and Wily interaction, sort of. Wily was "??" in X5, and in X4 he's seen in flashback.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 am

Excelhedge wrote:I hopeing Zero is shown in the crossover series as well.

Most definitely. You can't do X without Zero. In fact, at Archie's NYCC panel, Archie showed artwork of Zero done in much the same vain as #34's variant cover. So, we'll probably have a Zero variant for #35...
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:35 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:
Excelhedge wrote:I hopeing Zero is shown in the crossover series as well.

Most definitely. You can't do X without Zero. In fact, at Archie's NYCC panel, Archie showed artwork of Zero done in much the same vain as #34's variant cover. So, we'll probably have a Zero variant for #35...

Wait, Archie showed Zero artwork and no one reported on that? I would think that would explode throughout the internet.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfa6AkJF5hA
At the 11:04 mark. Now that I rewatch it, they actually say it's for #35. So, there's your next variant.

Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:01 pm

What exactly am I looking at?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!