Obscure Mega Man X stories

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Obscure Mega Man X stories

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:58 pm

I could definitely see them bringing in most of X's team early, though... I'm talking Alia, Signas, Douglas, Lifesaver, maybe even Pallette and Layer... And, really, they should. We're supposed to believe that X and Zero are elite members of this "Maverick Hunter" group, but we don't actually see a single member from this group until X5.

And several of the Maverick boss characters need to have roles BEFORE they go Maverick, similar to Chill Penguin and Storm Eagle in the "Day of Sigma" OVA. Also, need to bring in Iris earlier so her death is more significant, maybe as a "navigator trainee."
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Signas is pretty much the only one who can't be brought in too much earlier (at least not as Commander.) His election to leader was a direct result of X4.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Ah! You are correct. I did not realize. So... Dr. Cain was the commander pre-X5. Which begs another question (which I think has already been brought up)... Will Archie kill Dr. Cain off like "Day of Sigma" did, or keep him alive until he disappears into obscurity like the games did? (Unless Flynn can make Dr. Cain super interesting, I'm OK with his early demise.)
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:Ah! You are correct. I did not realize. So... Dr. Cain was the commander pre-X5. Which begs another question (which I think has already been brought up)... Will Archie kill Dr. Cain off like "Day of Sigma" did, or keep him alive until he disappears into obscurity like the games did? (Unless Flynn can make Dr. Cain super interesting, I'm OK with his early demise.)

There's a lot of potential for Dr. Cain

He's a father figure for X who doesn't understand anything at all about the guy (like Pa Kent and Super Man)
He betrayed humanity by trying to do something good, and has to work to pick up the pieces.
Heck after Sigma revolts in X1, the only leadership the hunters seem to have is an old man who probably has to deal with all the pressure of dealing with his renegade creations, like being God but with replace omnipotence with incompetence. I'm surprised he survived until X5.

Also some food for thought: It looks like Signas was in "Day of Sigma" but that might have just been an easter egg. There's some dude talking to sigma in the background after the first attack, salutes him, and leaves. Looks like Signas.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:03 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:I could definitely see them bringing in most of X's team early, though... I'm talking Alia, Signas, Douglas, Lifesaver, maybe even Pallette and Layer... And, really, they should. We're supposed to believe that X and Zero are elite members of this "Maverick Hunter" group, but we don't actually see a single member from this group until X5.

Agreed, though we did get to see Cain, GBD, Mac, Double, Iris, the GoBots, and the Nutcracker Suite before X5.

But yeah, if there's any time in between, that's good for adding characters. Douglas and Lifesaver would probably be the earliest, while Alia would probably come later and replace/accompany the pink-haired Navigator from MHX. Signas, though, he'd have to have some other role until after X4, given his background story. (And I see that last part has already been addressed... bleh.)

And several of the Maverick boss characters need to have roles BEFORE they go Maverick, similar to Chill Penguin and Storm Eagle in the "Day of Sigma" OVA. Also, need to bring in Iris earlier so her death is more significant, maybe as a "navigator trainee."

Indeed. Agreed on all this. I just think the CM ones specifically would be too soon, save for maybe some very carefully-considered exceptions, like Redips (who could be appropriately developed).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:34 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Agreed, though we did get to see Cain, GBD, Mac, Double, Iris, the GoBots, and the Nutcracker Suite before X5.

Forgot about Mac. And I wasn't sure if Double and Iris counted as Maverick Hunters or if they were just sort of hanging out with the Maverick Hunters. But, uhm... Who the heck are the GoBots and the Nutcracker Suite?
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Also some food for thought: It looks like Signas was in "Day of Sigma" but that might have just been an easter egg. There's some dude talking to sigma in the background after the first attack, salutes him, and leaves. Looks like Signas.

Eh, I think he was just supposed to be a slightly higher ranking "mass produced" reploid. The two navigator designs also seem to use similar design elements as other, more defined characters, not to mention the random reploids in X6 were essentially variations of Mac, Middy and Iris. Cinnamon, Cumin, Jasmine and Saffron also have the semi-recolour thing going on.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm

I could easily envision that being a "younger" Signas, before he assumes the role of commander.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Sure, that's possible. I'm just saying it's not a straight up cameo.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Didn't mean to imply I thought it was a cameo. I agree that it's probably not the same guy. Just saying that I wouldn't consider it farfetched to rework that NPC into Signas for an adaptation.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Agreed, though we did get to see Cain, GBD, Mac, Double, Iris, the GoBots, and the Nutcracker Suite before X5.

Forgot about Mac. And I wasn't sure if Double and Iris counted as Maverick Hunters or if they were just sort of hanging out with the Maverick Hunters. But, uhm... Who the heck are the GoBots and the Nutcracker Suite?

GoBots

Nutcracker Suite

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:58 am

There certainly is a variety when it comes to the Maverick hunters. I wonder though, it'll probably take longer to get to Mega Man X2 than its taking Mega Man to get to MEga Man 3 if Ian introduces everything with an appropriate amount of time.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am

@LBD_Nytetrayn:
I see. Uhm... maybe I should have clarified and said that we don't really see a single significant member until X5. =P
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Most of the Maverick hunters seem to be pretty dern useless before the X5 crew comes around.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Pretty much. Thought it was interesting that as soon as Inafune turned to other things, we started seeing more of an organization for the Hunters.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!