MM#31 Discussion/Spoilers

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

MM#31 Discussion/Spoilers

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

After long last it looks like people have gotten their hands on this one. HAVE AT THEE.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Re: MM#31 Discussion/Spoilers

Postby Striker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:After long last it looks like people have gotten their hands on this one. HAVE AT THEE.

*draws sword* Yar! Ye scalywags don't know what Ye be getting into!

Anyways I don't have it yet but I'm expecting it in the next few days. Can't wait!
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Read the issue on Comixology. Loved it! The artwork, the continuing story, the action...can't wait to see the ending! Great work, you guys!
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Ooga_Hooga » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Read it on Wednesday, I thought it was okay, I thought it flowed way too fast but whatever. I liked the little connection we saw between Blues and Rock during the battle.
Ooga_Hooga
BumbleFan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Diamond has finally updated their listing from the "there's no way that's possible" 12/25/13 to the much more reasonable 11/20/13. (Of course, it's available online now.)
http://www.kidscomics.com/Home/1/1/60/7 ... =STK620648
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 am

I didn't enjoy this issue for a number of reasons. Most of them are plot reasons. This arc is quite hit and miss, but I feel that it is filled with logical inconsistencies.

1. Break Man and the rest of the Robot Masters arrive late into the issue by just walking across the temple grounds. They catch up with Mega and Guts with no problems. What was the point of Mega and Guts using the tunnels if the others arrive just as fast? The entire tunnel sequence was aparently just filler for when the others arrive. Sure we get to see Snake Man and Needle Man in action, but we don't get to see any others besides Gemini Man. It just seems very arbitrary and it isn't very good plotting.

2. Ra Moon rebuilt the Generation Two Robot Master. He built them the same way as the Generation Three bots. Why aren't they under his control as well? There's really no reasons why they wouldn't be.

3. It is also random which technology is affected by Ra Moon's energies and which is not. I don't think it was thought out very well.

4. Gemini Man's holographic projection is a projection from his main body. How/why would the hologram have an individual sentience that Ra Moon couldn't control if this is the case.

5. As soon as Wily announced that Ra Thor was made of Ra Moon's technology (something I didn't pick up on last issue), I knew imemdiately what was going to happen. Is Wily a total idiot? Seriously.

This arc has really had highs and lows. The plotting has been rather poor, but the action has been enjoyable.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:36 am

Well, 4 is what happened in the game, at least.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 pm

I have never played Super Adventure Rockman, so I did not know that. Still, it doesn't make sense. If Ian is already loosely adapating Mega Man 3 and SAR I don't see why he couldn't eliminate the illogical aspects. But I guess that is just me.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Don't Gemeni Man's copies just wander around in Mega Man 3? That's what my brother said anyway.

I don't know what you're on about Astro I think this arc is awesome.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 pm

I just don't like Super Adventure Rockman. :\ Not fond of MMV (for the game boy) either.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I don't like Super Adventure Rockman either, but that's because the logical inconsistencies are FAR WORSE than how Ian wrote it. Which is why I absolutely love this arc. But I guess, to each their own. We all love to nitpick however.

To be honest, I liked Gemini Man's holographs not being affected. It really shows that his clones sort of have their own sentience, which would make for some hilarious scenes in the future with him arguing with his own clone. … Seriously, am I the only one who finds that hilarious?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Never played the game, though given that it was never released outside of Japan, I can't say it would be different even if I became a fan before the comics. I'm enjoying the comic version so far, though, so hey, I'm happy.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:20 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I don't know what you're on about Astro I think this arc is awesome.

Fair enough, although I am not surprised. I do not think we have ever agreed on anything, (hearty laughter).

LilacDownDeep wrote:We all love to nitpick however.

I disagree that pointing out major structural and plot errors is nitpicking. My fourth and fifth points (although, come on Wily, for real) could be seen as nitpicking probably. I honestly think this arc has quite a few high-level issues. I know the comic is intended for children. Any kids reading the arc are not going to care. So the arc is a success from that angle. It is exciting and has a lot of robots. Kids will love it and not even notice the plotting issues or logical inconsistencies. However, I am almost 30. As explained, I have never played SAR so I have nothing to compare it against. Perhaps this is solid gold compared to SAR, but I think a work should stand on its own.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:I don't know what you're on about Astro I think this arc is awesome.

Fair enough, although I am not surprised. I do not think we have ever agreed on anything, (hearty laughter).

That's part of the fun of being 2 different people with 2 very different view points. :(hearty laughter):
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Sonicpolo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Why is it that Flash Man have the best reaction faces?

"He looks Awful!"
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!