The Timelines of Mega Man ZX

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Timelines of Mega Man ZX

Postby Spin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:52 pm

I personally don't like the gimmick of them both transforming with one biometal.

Now if they'd use Model X and Model Z to both become Mega Man ZX. That I could overlook a little. But I rather a comic plot puts them in a position of having to alternate as Mega Man ZX.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Spin wrote:I personally don't like the gimmick of them both transforming with one biometal.

Now if they'd use Model X and Model Z to both become Mega Man ZX. That I could overlook a little. But I rather a comic plot puts them in a position of having to alternate as Mega Man ZX.

who gets model Ω?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm

I agree with both Q and Tcat here. I think it's how Capcom intended it, but you can't really play two characters simultaniously very well.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm

I never really liked the whole Model X + Model Z = Model ZX when ZX is just pretty much Z with a buster. I understand WHY they did it, I just think it would make more sense if they kept the two separate if they ever decided to adapt a comic.

Heck, the whole idea makes me think of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. You can switch between two characters who have two different powers at any time (and one's male, the other female). Pretty much what they implemented later into X8 where you can switch out characters.

Plus, I LOVE the idea of a male/female tag team with a buster/sword combo like X and Zero were in the X series. I mean, Zero already has people thinking he's a girl... LET'S GO THE EXTRA MILE.

Like so:

But really, who am I kidding? I really just want a true Megaman Castlevania game ;P ZX did it "alright", but all it really made me want to do is play Castlevania where they did the map designs better. I imagine it would have been neat if the maverick models would have different effects on either character, too.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Furthermore, it was more shirking X's role. Yeah, sure, X was the requirement for the other Biometals to work, but that felt more like a storyline excuse, while Z was the one who you were controlling for most of the game. :/
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:25 pm

I, for one, had no issues about that~ I always liked playing as Zero more anyway. :B
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:15 am

Ryu The Weredragon wrote:I agree with both Q and Tcat here. I think it's how Capcom intended it, but you can't really play two characters simultaniously very well.

Pretty much this, much like X4 and Mega Man & Bass before them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:05 am

I do imagine they would have tried had they gone through with their original plan in MM2 of making Roll the player 2 character... But, let's not get into what-ifs.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:37 am

Ryu The Weredragon wrote:Furthermore, it was more shirking X's role. Yeah, sure, X was the requirement for the other Biometals to work, but that felt more like a storyline excuse, while Z was the one who you were controlling for most of the game. :/

That always bothered me. You start with Model X, and 2-3 missions in, you lose it permanently and obtain Model ZX. Fortunately, the game lets you keep Model X on a second playthrough, and that's exactly what I did. It felt like a true fusion of the MMX and MMZ games that way, and frankly, Model X is just more powerful than ZX.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm

And then the two of them can merge together to form Model ZX in the end to beat Serpent or something. No I mean their whole bodies. =D

I kid.

Still doesn't explain how Grey or Ashe get put in. I mean there are hints that one is around when the other obtains Model A, but Albert did make a bunch of Model W's so it may not be surprising he made another Model A…

Edits: Actually, the idea of the two of them SHARING Model A and adapting the story like that sounds better. They don't merge together, just one does when on mission.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:48 pm

The games are just... not set up well for straight adaptations. There has to be some tinkering with the concept to get it to work. That is, if you want to use BOTH heroes from each set of characters. If you just drop one of them, it's easy to make it work. See: ZX manga.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Oakie620 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Ryu The Weredragon wrote:I agree with both Q and Tcat here. I think it's how Capcom intended it, but you can't really play two characters simultaniously very well.

Pretty much this, much like X4 and Mega Man & Bass before them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

With many thanks to Zan Sidera for tracking it down, here is an official response from a ZX Advent Q&A by U-Capcom:

「ヴァン編とエール編」のゲームの中での関係は、『同じ世界の中での別のストーリー』。つまり、ジルウェエクスプレスにはヴァンもエールも存在していて、ヴァン編ではたまたまジルウェがヴァンを連れて行ったためにヴァンが主人公の話に、エール編ではその逆になったわけです。だから2人がいっしょにいても不自然ではないのです。

The "Vent part and Aile part" of the game's relation is "The same world's different story." In other words, Vent and Aile both exist at Girouette Express, in the Vent part, by chance Vent is brought along with Girouette and becomes the main character, whereas in Aile's part it's the opposite. Therefore, it is not entirely unnatural for both to exist together.

I'll add this information to my original post.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:20 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:
Ryu The Weredragon wrote:Furthermore, it was more shirking X's role. Yeah, sure, X was the requirement for the other Biometals to work, but that felt more like a storyline excuse, while Z was the one who you were controlling for most of the game. :/

That always bothered me. You start with Model X, and 2-3 missions in, you lose it permanently and obtain Model ZX. Fortunately, the game lets you keep Model X on a second playthrough, and that's exactly what I did. It felt like a true fusion of the MMX and MMZ games that way, and frankly, Model X is just more powerful than ZX.

It is, is it? So basically, adding Zero to the mix WEAKENS them. Interesting...
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Well, the buster for Model X has a superior charged shot compared to the ZX buster. And to me, long-range > melee. The game seemed significantly easier when I got to keep Model X.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Not to mention that Long range is what the Mega Man franchise was built off of. Which is kinda' why Zero would have been so jarring if he would have ended up being the "Mega Man of the Next Generation" like Inafune wanted.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!