Update: CAPCOM doesn't even have funds to port USF4 to PS4

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Update: CAPCOM doesn't even have funds to port USF4 to P

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

I hope they do a new Darkstalkers. If I was add new characters, I would add ghost who goes into battle with a video camera to represent found footage movies. And a andoramble flash eating little unicorn to represent My Little Pony. :(hearty laughter):

And you know Capcom would add characters like Nemesis and Dante. Although I'd take Trenchie over Nemesis.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 pm

It being a new Darkstalkers would be nice.

I could imagine them doing a "Found Footage"-based Monster, but a MLP-based one, I doubt. They HAVE FiM in Japan, but they seem more confused about how much the West loves it than anything else.

I'd like to see Adult Anita finally realized and characters based on more obscure horror legends - make the fact that Dimitri and Dee being similar and Morrigan and Lilith being the same be PART of their uniqueness rather than a sign of laziness.

Er... but anyway, we don't know it's DarkStalkers for sure. It could be Rival Schools, Red Earth, Capcom Fighting All-Stars done right or a brand new IP.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 am

Given how they treated Darkstalkers, I doubt it's a new game. Granted, I'm all for something that proves that Capcom's learned their lesson (which, under their current management, is unlikely at best), but who knows?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Spin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:17 am

Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't do well enough for Capcom's liking. So it's probably not that.

Probably a crossover title of some kind. Be ironic if it's Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 2 for the Wii U.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 am

Wasn't Darkstalkers Resurrection just a collection port thingy? Anyway Darkstalkers seems to be the most requested fighting game for them to bring back in next gen form.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 am

ReifuTD wrote:Wasn't Darkstalkers Resurrection just a collection port thingy?

I believe so, but they said that if it didn't sell well enough, they wouldn't make a new Darkstalkers game. To my knowledge, it didn't sell well enough (not in Capcom's eyes, anyway).
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 am

I find it odd that Capcom is constantly commenting, "if it performs well, more of it will happen." I mean, I understand that that's generally how the industry works. But, that comment seems to come up regarding every new game release. It almost feels like an ultimatum.

Speaking of which, the same comment applied to Street Fighter x Mega Man. I wonder what ever became of that...
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 pm

There are people who want to make a new Ghosts 'N Goblins.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... s_blessing

their Kickstarter

This is making think about that Ducktale remaster. How well did that game sell? Since this Ghosts 'N Goblins would kind of be in the same nitch.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:I find it odd that Capcom is constantly commenting, "if it performs well, more of it will happen." I mean, I understand that that's generally how the industry works. But, that comment seems to come up regarding every new game release. It almost feels like an ultimatum.

Funny that they won't even give Legends that kind of a chance. The cynic in me says it's because they know it would.

Speaking of which, the same comment applied to Street Fighter x Mega Man. I wonder what ever became of that...

The big departure of several Capcom USA people earlier this year, probably.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 am

Legends 3 was not greenlit when it was canceled.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:09 am

lalalei2001 wrote:Legends 3 was not greenlit when it was canceled.

Indeed. Not even talking about that, though; I mean Legends re-releases, a Legends Collection, I mean even doing the same thing as Square Enix and bringing one of their many Japan-exclusive cell phone games to something like WiiWare or the Nintendo eShop. Quite literally anything with the MML brand.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 am

Oh!

I think rereleases would be cool, but I don't know if fans would bu them because of what happened with Legends 3.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:I find it odd that Capcom is constantly commenting, "if it performs well, more of it will happen." I mean, I understand that that's generally how the industry works. But, that comment seems to come up regarding every new game release. It almost feels like an ultimatum.

Funny that they won't even give Legends that kind of a chance. The cynic in me says it's because they know it would.

The Cynic in me can't help but snark that none of the Legends games sold THAT well - they sold decently but weren't the make-all break-all games that the fans are making them out to be... I seem to recall Legends 2 having disappointing sales, in fact.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 am

lalalei2001 wrote:Oh!

I think rereleases would be cool, but I don't know if fans would bu them because of what happened with Legends 3.

That is the question now, but I'm thinking more in the past tense, when Mega Man collections were more of a thing.

Ryu The Weredragon wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

The Cynic in me can't help but snark that none of the Legends games sold THAT well - they sold decently but weren't the make-all break-all games that the fans are making them out to be... I seem to recall Legends 2 having disappointing sales, in fact.

First game sold well, apparently-- at least, that's what Capcom said at the time. Seems that "at the time" and "now" have different criteria, though.

As for MML2... name me any PS1 game you could release right in the same week as the highly, highly anticipated PlayStation 2 launch and expect to do particularly well.

And last, but not least, supposing we just say they all sold poorly then, regardless of reason: So did Earthbound.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:And last, but not least, supposing we just say they all sold poorly then, regardless of reason: So did Earthbound.

Mother 2 didn't however. Which is why Mother 64 was put in production. But scrapped due to the failure of the Nintendo 64 add on and salvaged as Mother 3 years later. Earthbound however flopped in the West and was regarded as a lost cause. Taking numerous years, with the vocal fanbase and fans of Smash Bros demanding a rerelease.

Rockman DASH is popular. At least enough to get cell phone games and get rereleased on the PSP in Japan. Shame Capcom didn't bother to rerelease the games in the West before announcing the Mega Man Legends 3 campaign. Might have gained more Western supporter sign ups than we had.
Spin
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!