Update: CAPCOM doesn't even have funds to port USF4 to PS4

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Update: CAPCOM doesn't even have funds to port USF4 to PS4

Postby The KKM » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 am

Now. I don't know what the difference between "Operating income", "ordinary income", and "net income" is; but fact is, that's a fall of 73%, 48%, and 37% respectively and roughly. And as we know from earlier news, they don't have much on bank to fall upon either.

... I don't have much more to say, really. Was just astounded by the numbers and kinda hoping someone'll be able to explain the kinds of income for further perspective.
Last edited by The KKM on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Re: CAPCOM posts their annual financial review- no cash

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 am

At this point, Capcom needs new management if there's any hope of survival.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

Economic jargon makes my eyes glaze over, but going off Wikipedia's definitions, here's how I can best understand it:

Operating Income - The annual revenue for the company, minus operating expenses, before taxes.

Ordinary Income - The income made from the sales of products and what we would understand as traditionally earned wages, tips, etc. (at least by US standard)

Net Income - The final, bottom line of money made to money lost during a financial period.

So, if I'm interpreting this right (and that's a big "if"), the 48% drop contributes to the 73% drop which leads to a bottom line of 37% drop. Maybe. It don't sound good, regardless.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Gee, maybe if they didn't treat their fans like crap and ruin their franchises, this wouldn't happen?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Agreed Maverick. All I can say is they had this coming. Makes me sad though, as it may effect the comic's future.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 pm

yeah pretty much hopefully this is a sign and they will get better i dont want the comics to end
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:41 am

Even if the comics do end (and I wish they don't) Smash Bros is an excellent swan song for the Blue Bomber. If capcom goes under and Smash is the last Video time we'll see Mega Man, I'll be content.

We have Mighty No. 9 to continue his legacy, after all. Heck Nintendo could buy the rights to the bomber. Yeah the comics will probably die, but he'll live on.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 am

Does Capcom have the same policy as Nintendo that if the home company ever goes under the properties are going down with the ship? I mean, following the overwhelming success of Mighty Number 9's kickstarter and his upcoming appearance in Smash, you'd think someone else would want to buy the rights to franchise should anything happen to Capcom. Even Inafune maybe. Not to mention all of Capcom's other popular ips and library of games.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh nuts, Nintendo will kill off their franchise if they die?

That's terrible. Though I suppose that won't stop people from making fangames based off of Super Nintendo Mario games.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 pm

It's not that different from an author not making sequels to a novel when they die. They care about their franchises as more than just paychecks, so they don't want to just hand them off to someone else even in the most dire of circumstances.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:03 pm

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/10/i ... apcom.html

This could be the break Capcom needs.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:24 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:http://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/10/inafune-says-hes-open-to-capcom.html

This could be the break Capcom needs.

And before people start treating the mere possibility as though it's scientific fact that it'll happen, this is just hypothetical and may not even come to be.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:52 pm

GentlemanX wrote:Does Capcom have the same policy as Nintendo that if the home company ever goes under the properties are going down with the ship? I mean, following the overwhelming success of Mighty Number 9's kickstarter and his upcoming appearance in Smash, you'd think someone else would want to buy the rights to franchise should anything happen to Capcom. Even Inafune maybe. Not to mention all of Capcom's other popular ips and library of games.

For what it's worth, Capcom doesn't seem too conflicted about parting with their properties under the right circumstances. See Red Dead Revolver, a spiritual successor to Gun.Smoke that was sold to Rockstar, who went on to make a sequel in Red Dead Redemption.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:39 pm

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/10/i ... apcom.html

After reading Inafking's comments about how he'd be willing to let Capcom publish Mighty No. 9 if they made a good enough offer (which would not be a bad thing by any means)... I started thinking... If comcept and Capcom get on good terms and work together, I could see Capcom outsourcing a Mega Man game to comcept to develop. And... I can't think of anything BAD about that scenario either...

• Mighty No. 9 being published by Capcom doesn't mean MN9 become's Capcom's property or anything. comcept does everything, comcept owns the IP, and all Capcom does is front the bill for publishing and advertising the game. Plus, Capcom is a recognizable name... comcept is still unknown. It could really help MN9's performance just by having Capcom's name on it. (And if you're not sure how exactly a game is affected by being published by someone that isn't the company that developed it... remember that Mega Man 6 was published by Nintendo in the US, and Mega Man doesn't magically belong to Nintendo because of it.)

• We all want comcept to buy Mega Man, but that's just not going to happen. And Inafking isn't going back to Capcom. But we want Inafking to develop Mega Man games again. If Capcom outsources Mega Man to comcept... then comcept and Inafking get to develop a new Mega Man game without any of that unrealistic "comcept buying the IP" non-sense.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:31 am

Penguin God wrote:They care about their franchises as more than just paychecks.

So you're saying that Capcom will sell their properties off with 100% certainty, then?

all Capcom does is front the bill for publishing and advertising the game

So you mean they'll release it in limited quantities and not even announce a release date, let alone advertise it anywhere, then claim lack of fan interest when it doesn't sell well?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!