Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby hypershadw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Sigma was the first Reploid by definition. X and Zero are not reploids. They were created off their own designs and schematics. Zero's design was most likely influenced by X's blueprints but was mainly created from Bassnium and is a completely different robot from X and both are completely different from reploids.
hypershadw
BumbleNewbie

Postby ClareSilver47 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:15 pm

hypershadw wrote:Sigma was the first Reploid by definition. X and Zero are not reploids. They were created off their own designs and schematics. Zero's design was most likely influenced by X's blueprints but was mainly created from Bassnium and is a completely different robot from X and both are completely different from reploids.

You know, X confuses me. Is he a robot or human being in a robotic body???
It's just like Who Watches the Watchmen? or Why are we Here? or Is There a God? Or is God a g-*leaves due to ignorance*
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:
comic321 wrote:So...can someone explain the premise or story behind Mega Man X to me please? I know just as much about this than I know about the Classic series...which isn't alot. A decent amount of info, but not the whole shabang :oops:

Mega Man X takes place a century after the Classic series. X, the equivalent of Mega Man, along with his friend Zero, are special robots called Reploids that have free-will and aren't ruled by any sort of coding like Classic series robots were. Both make it their duty to hunt down and destroy Reploids who go rogue and became 'Mavericks' because they threaten society and humanity. The leader of the Mavericks is none other than Sigma, a former Maverick Hunter who turned bad and is pretty much the X equivalent of Wily in that he's the main antagonist who always comes back and is usually the true villain whenever there's a different villain at first.

Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

Zero...may be the first reploid, but he is not of that era either. He was created by Dr. Wily either from schematics of X, he created something similar himself, or Zero was actually upgraded after he was stopped.

That makes me wonder how come they never flat out say that Wily created zero instead of these obvious hints.

Speculation: Who's to say that this story they have planned will just cover the main mega man comics and X story will be a mini series like young Salem taking over Sabrina and Mobius 25 years later taking over the sonic books for a short time
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby hypershadw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm

ClareSilver47 wrote:
hypershadw wrote:Sigma was the first Reploid by definition. X and Zero are not reploids. They were created off their own designs and schematics. Zero's design was most likely influenced by X's blueprints but was mainly created from Bassnium and is a completely different robot from X and both are completely different from reploids.

You know, X confuses me. Is he a robot or human being in a robotic body???
It's just like Who Watches the Watchmen? or Why are we Here? or Is There a God? Or is God a g-*leaves due to ignorance*

He is certainly a robot, but with a completely human personality. Highly advanced AI.
hypershadw
BumbleNewbie

Postby Morgil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 pm

You know, just a few years back, when the main MM comic first started, i really didn't care too much about the X series or a comic based on it. I had only ever played the first two games, after all. However, since then i had managed to play X1-X5 via the GCN X Collection (just one more to go). Now that i am more familiar with the series, i think this announcement of X finally appearing in comic form to be much more titillating.

Speaking of which, one of these days i should get back to it and finally play through X6. I also got the DS's Zero Collection and plan on playing through it after finishing X6, since i heard the first Zero game follows on X6's ending somehow (please don't spoil how). I also do not own nor wish to play X7 or X8, cuz i heard they weren't very good and were made against the wishes of the guy who made the first six games.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby hypershadw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Morgil wrote:You know, just a few years back, when the main MM comic first started, i really didn't care too much about the X series or a comic based on it. I had only ever played the first two games, after all. However, since then i had managed to play X1-X5 via the GCN X Collection (just one more to go). Now that i am more familiar with the series, i think this announcement of X finally appearing in comic form to be much more titillating.

Speaking of which, one of these days i should get back to it and finally play through X6. I also got the DS's Zero Collection and plan on playing through it after finishing X6, since i heard the first Zero game follows on X6's ending somehow (please don't spoil how). I also do not own nor wish to play X7 or X8, cuz i heard they weren't very good and were made against the wishes of the guy who made the first six games.

Actually X6 was made against Inafune's wishes. X5 was meant to be the end of the X franchise. He had to change the Zero series after he found out that X6 came out. X7 and X8 he did have input on though.
hypershadw
BumbleNewbie

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

X6 is regarded as the worst X game, while X7 is slightly better and X8 is pretty good. There's also an RPG taking place after X8, Command Mission.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Actually there tends to be a lot of back and forth fighting arguing which is the worse in the community.

Generally people say X7 for being such a collection of badly executed ideas and terrible voice acting (it says something about your games VA cast when the guy who did Barry Burton in the original Resident Evil gives one of the better performances).

But you'll have a few people who really hate X5 for having mandatory Alia. And other people that for some reason like the questionable level design in X6 and find it challenging.

Like I said though it varies and even then you'll occasionally get a contraian that says X3 just to be different.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Tcat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Bah, opinions. X6 is my second favourite of the numbered series behind X4. So much in fact I kept my copy of X6 after I traded the others in for the X collection. Mostly just because they dropped the voice acting, but also because I 100%'d it. X7 was alright, I don't understand what got people so upset about it...but then again I only played with the Japanese voices after having been used to them in X6 so I've never actually heard the voice acting from X7. I skipped one of my university classes to beat the game the day I bought X7 with my PS2.

If anything I'm interested in seeing more from the 'expanded universe' of the X series. You really don't see anything from civilians outside of the Maverick Wars. Command Mission is really the first time you get to see support characters involved WITH the story rather than just Douglas or Lifesaver being there to hand out upgrades. ... Eee and we'll see Signas do stuff too. *happy dances* Hopefully if the backups work out well enough we'll get a full fledged series.

Seriously, I'm fangasming over here XD
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:05 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Anyway, I'd love to see some non-game development. The games were sadly lacking in really showing us the world as anything more than a battleground all but completely devoid of the very humans you were fighting to protect.

To that end, I'm hoping we see the Emerald Spears appear in this era.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I'd like to see more into X psychology inot what lead him to become a Maverk Hunter. I mean basically he's first repeloid. The prince of his people. He could have done nothing and be pretty much set for life.

My head cannon
Spoiler: show
Zero was the reason X joined the Maverk Hunters. When Zero was found he was brought to Dr. Cain. X living with Dr. Cain sees Zero and his awed by meeting another Robot/Reploid that like him. Sigma recruits Zero to the Maverk Hunters. X fallows Zero's foots steps and join the Maverk Hunters.

I dunno; any fame X ever seemed to get came from his prowess as a Maverick Hunter. Beyond that, it seemed like he was lucky if anyone even knew who he was.

Strange, I know, but that's what it is.

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:
hypershadw wrote:I really hope Maverick Hunter X will not be the main canon that will be used for this....

Well, considering we got so many elements from Powered Up...

Well, I would imagine that they'd use MHX where they can at least explain the elements that contradict the later games. I know it's implied that Dr. Cain was killed in that one, but it was never outright shown. I think explaining how he survived would make at least a decent small part of an original story.

An old man on life support being shown caught in the blast radius of a missile attack doesn't countradict the much healthier Dr. Cain from 2 and 3?

Of course not! X2/3 Cain was clearly a mutant.

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:Betcha Flynn will involve Quint here, from the Rock of Ages storyline. Quint reminds me of Zonic btw. I want to see Time Man used properly too.

The story is self-contained; it won't crossover with the main Mega Man storyline. It's just sharing pages in a book with it right now. Not ruling out the possibility of a crossover down the line, but I doubt they would muddle the storylines of both by introducing X through time travel (like Dreamwave was trying to).

So sadly no "Doctor Light! Thank God I've found you! Only YOU can save the Future!!"

Wazzzzzzpinator had plans... =(

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

Zero...may be the first reploid, but he is not of that era either. He was created by Dr. Wily either from schematics of X, he created something similar himself, or Zero was actually upgraded after he was stopped.

Oh god, why did you have to taint these forums with this? Gyeh, where's my acid?! =(

lalalei2001 wrote:Reploids were called Repliroids in the cartoon, which is more etymologically accurate.

That's from the Japanese version. They called Sigma "Cigma," too, and Dr. Cain was about a gajillion years younger, too.

X isn't technically a Reploid, but his design was mass produced by Dr. Cain, and the robots that followed were called Reploids. Sigma was the strongest one of them all at the time, but it's implied that Dr. Light did such a good job that when Cain tried to recreate it, he couldn't completely and left crucial things missing that left the Reploids open to viruses--X himself is immune to any virus.

Hmm, not quite "immune." While it doesn't affect him the way it does other Reploids, it can still harm him.

Also, i find it a bit confusing as to how the virus actually works, but that's something that probably won't be answered for sure.

Don't even try to understand it, just smile and nod your head.

ReifuTD wrote:To add the whole Maverk stuff, X and Zero have called evil or bad humans Maverks.

Pretty sure no one has ever called anyone a Maverk at any point in human history. "Maverick," on the other hand...

Dejimon11 wrote:That makes me wonder how come they never flat out say that Wily created zero instead of these obvious hints.

Because it's clearly more fun to let fans speculate upon something with no defined answer.

Spoiler: show
I wish I was joking. Snarky, sure, but not joking.

Morgil wrote:Speaking of which, one of these days i should get back to it and finally play through X6. I also got the DS's Zero Collection and plan on playing through it after finishing X6, since i heard the first Zero game follows on X6's ending somehow (please don't spoil how). I also do not own nor wish to play X7 or X8, cuz i heard they weren't very good and were made against the wishes of the guy who made the first six games.

ProTip: Use the Ultimate Armor code for X6. Or a guide. No one will think any less of you for it, the game is just that terribly broken unless you either know how to approach everything, or use what is basically a very subtle patch.

The last part is bologna, truth be told. X6 is the one that was made behind Inafune's back, after he wanted X5 to tie things off for MMZero. So if you're going that route, best quit now.

That said, he was more or less okay with X7 and 8 as far as I know, though he had little involvement. I think he suggested the new character that became Axl.

X7... it's not a high point of the franchise. Better than some games out there, but definitely one of the lower-quality MM games, and I don't just mean X. X8 is a fun and challenging arcade-meets-Mega Man X-styled game, whose only real downside are the ridiculous vehicle stages, Gigabolt Man-o-War's in particular.

I honestly love the rest of it, though: The best voice acting the series had seen to date, the return of Vile, all three Hunters playable from the start, tons of unique weapons for X, Zero, and Axl; three unlockable female characters, mix-and-match armor parts for X, a new art style (YMMV), a surprise (sort of) twist at the end, and a ton of fresh and unique ideas spread across most of the levels.

Vehicle stages aside, it's probably the most fresh and innovative game in the series, at least since X4. I love it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:20 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:They have?

The only human I know of in the entire X series is Dr. Cain, and he disappears after X3.

There's also Dr. Light, but he's already dead...

They called humans Maverks in Project X Zone.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 pm

hypershadw wrote:Sigma was the first Reploid by definition.

Well, that seems to depend on the source. It was either that or he was the most advanced one Cain created in response to the start of Maverick activity (meaning, after other Reploids had been created).

'Cause, you know, this series is so very tight when it comes to continuity. =P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah, Sigma was the first in most Japanese versions, but the U.S. manual simply made him more advanced.

Wouldn't even be a problem, but then Japan had to go and adopt the U.S. manual's story for their PC release...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Yeah, Sigma was the first in most Japanese versions, but the U.S. manual simply made him more advanced.

Wouldn't even be a problem, but then Japan had to go and adopt the U.S. manual's story for their PC release...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

"Some say he was the first one ever built. Some say he's simply more advanced. All we know is he's called Sigma!"
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:11 am

"They say he carved it himself... from a bigger spoon!"

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!