Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Aaaaw, it'll take a long time before Axl gets involved.

Betcha Flynn will involve Quint here, from the Rock of Ages storyline. Quint reminds me of Zonic btw. I want to see Time Man used properly too.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Betcha Flynn will involve Quint here, from the Rock of Ages storyline. Quint reminds me of Zonic btw. I want to see Time Man used properly too.

The story is self-contained; it won't crossover with the main Mega Man storyline. It's just sharing pages in a book with it right now. Not ruling out the possibility of a crossover down the line, but I doubt they would muddle the storylines of both by introducing X through time travel (like Dreamwave was trying to).

And Dr. Cain... Does anyone really want him? He was just sort of "there" in X2-X3 until he was just sort of "not there" for every game after. Maverick Hunter X at least gave us closure on his existence.

And really, having him hang around would just mirror the role Dr. Light served for Mega Man... a sort of "father" figure (except in this case, an adopted father)... and that's contradictory to what the MMX is. The Classic series is about robots serving under humans, and occasionally, rebelling (because of Wily). MMX deviates from humanity so much that robots exist on their own without their guidance and serve to protect humans. The central cast doesn't even contain humans like Classic's does. Dr. Cain was always out of place.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:22 am

megamanmonthly wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:Betcha Flynn will involve Quint here, from the Rock of Ages storyline. Quint reminds me of Zonic btw. I want to see Time Man used properly too.

The story is self-contained; it won't crossover with the main Mega Man storyline. It's just sharing pages in a book with it right now. Not ruling out the possibility of a crossover down the line, but I doubt they would muddle the storylines of both by introducing X through time travel (like Dreamwave was trying to).

So sadly no "Doctor Light! Thank God I've found you! Only YOU can save the Future!!"
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:07 pm

So...can someone explain the premise or story behind Mega Man X to me please? I know just as much about this than I know about the Classic series...which isn't alot. A decent amount of info, but not the whole shabang :oops:
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:31 pm

comic321 wrote:So...can someone explain the premise or story behind Mega Man X to me please? I know just as much about this than I know about the Classic series...which isn't alot. A decent amount of info, but not the whole shabang :oops:

Mega Man X takes place a century after the Classic series. X, the equivalent of Mega Man, along with his friend Zero, are special robots called Reploids that have free-will and aren't ruled by any sort of coding like Classic series robots were. Both make it their duty to hunt down and destroy Reploids who go rogue and became 'Mavericks' because they threaten society and humanity. The leader of the Mavericks is none other than Sigma, a former Maverick Hunter who turned bad and is pretty much the X equivalent of Wily in that he's the main antagonist who always comes back and is usually the true villain whenever there's a different villain at first.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 pm

SonicSoul wrote:
comic321 wrote:So...can someone explain the premise or story behind Mega Man X to me please? I know just as much about this than I know about the Classic series...which isn't alot. A decent amount of info, but not the whole shabang :oops:

Mega Man X takes place a century after the Classic series. X, the equivalent of Mega Man, along with his friend Zero, are special robots called Reploids that have free-will and aren't ruled by any sort of coding like Classic series robots were. Both make it their duty to hunt down and destroy Reploids who go rogue and became 'Mavericks' because they threaten society and humanity. The leader of the Mavericks is none other than Sigma, a former Maverick Hunter who turned bad and is pretty much the X equivalent of Wily in that he's the main antagonist who always comes back and is usually the true villain whenever there's a different villain at first.

Oh, ok. Thanks. The only series I know about is mostly Battle Network & Starforce, but I do seem interested in the other series too.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:13 pm

SonicSoul wrote:

Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

Zero...may be the first reploid, but he is not of that era either. He was created by Dr. Wily either from schematics of X, he created something similar himself, or Zero was actually upgraded after he was stopped.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:

Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

Zero...may be the first reploid, but he is not of that era either. He was created by Dr. Wily either from schematics of X, he created something similar himself, or Zero was actually upgraded after he was stopped.

Ah yes. Details, details. My mistake.

I was trying to do a 'in a nutshell' sort of thing that I did gloss over some specifics.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Oakie620 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

The standards that define a Reploid in the X series have nothing to do with their origins. Generally speaking, a robot with the ability to think and act like a human is considered a Reploid. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, X and Zero are Reploids.

As far as I know, the etymology of the term "Reploid" has never been addressed in official sources. Any talk of what the term stands for (such as "Replicated Android") is only fanon.

Zero is not based on X's schematics. He is the result of what Dr. Wily learned from the accident that led to Bass's creation. Dr. Wily designed Zero even before Dr. Light's AI research had advanced enough for X to be born.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Oakie620 wrote:
Radz the Hedgehog wrote:Technically, X isn't a reploid. X is...well, X. Reploids are called such because they are REProductions of X's design...flawed reproductions. Hence their susceptibility to the Maverick Virus as well as their flawed suffering circuit.

The standards that define a Reploid in the X series have nothing to do with their origins. Generally speaking, a robot with the ability to think and act like a human is considered a Reploid. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, X and Zero are Reploids.

As far as I know, the etymology of the term "Reploid" has never been addressed in official sources. Any talk of what the term stands for (such as "Replicated Android") is only fanon.

Zero is not based on X's schematics. He is the result of what Dr. Wily learned from the accident that led to Bass's creation. Dr. Wily designed Zero even before Dr. Light's AI research had advanced enough for X to be born.

Well, we don't know the exact details of Zero or X's real creation process so it could be that Wily managed to find a schematic of X's work on the suffering circuit and integrated it into Zero whom he had been working on...for years really.

But, there is the possibility that they both created a similar leap in robotics simultaneously. We really just don't know.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:55 pm

*sits there and ponders*.... Oh gods, a chance to see Spider in an arc. I think I'm going to explode from the anticipation of hoping the back up goes into a full comic.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Reploids were called Repliroids in the cartoon, which is more etymologically accurate.

X isn't technically a Reploid, but his design was mass produced by Dr. Cain, and the robots that followed were called Reploids. Sigma was the strongest one of them all at the time, but it's implied that Dr. Light did such a good job that when Cain tried to recreate it, he couldn't completely and left crucial things missing that left the Reploids open to viruses--X himself is immune to any virus.

As for Zero, we don't learn much about Zero or his backstory until X4, where this happens.

Spoiler: show
Zero's opening cutscene in X4 starts with a nightmare. It begins with Zero waking up only to be ordered by Dr. Wily to destory his arch-nemesis. Zero almost immediately suffers from an anguishing headache as he's being forced to carry out those orders. The scene cuts to a laboratory, followed by Sigma screaming for his life, then we're treated to still shots of some Reploids brutally murdered with their mangled body parts scattered and blood splattered throughout, Zero's blood-soaked hands, more dead bodies, then a close-up of one of his victims before finally waking up for real. Zero implies that he's had this nightmare more than once.

Later in the game, we see how Zero met Sigma, who was, at the time, good. Sigma got a cal about a berserk robot slaughtering everything without remorse, and went to check it out.

Spoiler: show
Zero gets the upper hand on Sigma by tearing off his saber arm. The next time we see Sigma, he's been beaten to a pulp and half his face is missing along with the eye on that side. The other eye has a single straight wound across it. Zero then (tries to) finish Sigma by snapping his neck, but suddenly has a debilitating headache and rears back, unable to finish him off from the pain, Sigma takes the opportunity to punch Zero in the head with his other arm...and contracts the Maverick virus himself.

Also, i find it a bit confusing as to how the virus actually works, but that's something that probably won't be answered for sure.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:18 pm

To add the whole Maverk stuff, X and Zero have called evil or bad humans Maverks.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

They have?

The only human I know of in the entire X series is Dr. Cain, and he disappears after X3.

There's also Dr. Light, but he's already dead...
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Zero has in SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, but the characterization in that game for the Capcom Characters is so wrong it's hilarious.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!